Jack Monroe #352 Hunger Hurts 2: The Difficult Second Album.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She wrote a few things like this in the early days (I'm going back about 13 years or so) it's literally how she started out and what she was initially "famous" for although several of those type of posts have disappeared over the years. Her whole mantra was she refused to be the mum in Asda buying £1 chicken dippers and under nourishing her child so she wanted to create healthy food on a budget and show everyone it could be done easily....of course this was before her disability so she was far more abelist back then with her if she could do it with a tin of tomatoes anyone could and there was no excuse attitude...it was also before she was claiming to cook on a camping stove and actually admitted to having an oven with a hob and a meeecrowaaavvey.
Got to say I’ve never understood the persistent middle class snobbery about chicken dippers. Chicken dippers, spuds and veg is not the most exciting meal. But nutritionally speaking it is perfectly adequate. You can get it from bag to plate in 25 min and you can bung it on and do something else while it cooks. Best of all, your family will actually eat it, unlike spaghetti hoop cacio e Pepe which is fiddly to prepare and has no nutritional value whatsoever.

Can I also just say that the Sock’s argument, which seems to be that Boris was a bad PM therefore grifting on Patreon is fine, is logically specious and facile. Matt Hancock let covid infected people go back into care homes. Does that mean I can murder a pensioner with impunity because Hancock murdered multiple pensioners? Neville Chamberlain declared war on Nazi Germany. Does that mean I can chuck a stink bomb through the door of my upstairs neighbour who’s from Berlin?

Its one way of dealing with the backlog in the criminal courts I guess.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 61
Its all getting a wee bit messy now. 😭😭😭

If only i could sit here and watch the chaos but nope i have tit to do tonight.

Send coffee, cake and matchsticks. I will be grunking with the larks at this rate.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 41
I wasn't convinced by the suspected MN sock as the writing style wasn't right, but *this*, this is definitely her. Same writing style and defending on granular stuff even the most devoted squig wouldn't bother with. She's going from every angle. She's too much of a narc to do a convincing sock account :LOL: can't help but defend herself and talk herself up too much.

• Haha
Reactions: 51
Just catching up. Wowsers she's really up tit creek..using sox to argue her defence; the mark of an innocent person. Hmph

• Haha
Reactions: 34
Still 20 pages back but popped up because there's always an end of thread twist!

Also, if No-one has already done it:

Sock Jack,
Sock Jack,
Sock Jack is back! 🎶

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 67
🙋‍♀️ Quick question, does Jack have to verify (accept) all her new followers?

Reactions: 16
I know we are all careful, but I got burnt around the peeky mink time (I had Twitter but needed it for a 🔺 fundraising purpose it so didn’t have it locked down like Instagram).

Needless to say I gained two new followers v quickly after naively following the 🧦. I was really scared for a while.

Lesson- don’t follow the 🧦. Jack will follow.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 60
Makes you wonder how many socks are out there at the moment! 😬 Reading this one, she just can't tear herself away at all once squigs won't back down, snapping at people all over the place and has to have last word. It's quite frenzied.

• Haha
Reactions: 46
Got to say I’ve never understood the persistent middle class snobbery about chicken dippers. Chicken dippers, spuds and veg is not the most exciting meal. But nutritionally speaking it is perfectly adequate. You can get it from bag to plate in 25 min and you can bung it on and do something else while it cooks. Best of all, your family will actually eat it, unlike spaghetti hoop cacio e Pepe which is fiddly to prepare and has no nutritional value whatsoever.
Oh my god, yes. Hard agree. What is with this. Frozen veg for example has as much nutritional value if not more than the fresh kind. Some people are such idiots while simultaneously being massive snobs. What's wrong with some chicken dippers once in a while, you're feeding your kid, it's a source of protein and they'll go to bed with full tummies.

• Heart
Reactions: 52
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.