Jack Monroe #350 Can you crochet a web of lies?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
k, so ~how~much~was~the~dog~and~who~paid~for~her?

*delete tildes according to where the emphasis falls this time

• Haha
Reactions: 55
1659459932938.png

But it is the people funding you that are complaining. 🤷‍♀️ That's what this is all about! Do you really not get it...even now?

If Nigella hadn't stuck her beak in earlier in the year, resulting in the enormous boosting of her income overnight, then I doubt any of this would have happened. But she's taken it too far now and is still on the beg and pleading destitution. People less solvent have clearly been pissed off for some time...behind the scenes. They are having their say now. Suck it up, sweetcheeks. The thread mentioned earlier was very moving - try answering her.

Love that part of her defence is the size of her following. Vain, self-pitying and deluded or a humble angel who works tirelessly for free? You decide!

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 80
She won't be responding to it, but has said the watch stuff was out of context

View attachment 1466243
She accepted a £600 watch from her parents knowing this? That says grasping to me. I freaked out when OH bought me necklace that cost £200 for a special event.... does she have any idea how utterly flippant she comes across with other's money? She needs sitting down with a notepad and a piggy bank and keeping a tally of everything she has. This "woe is me, poor little me" from a grown adult is just deflection from the fact she doesn't give a toss where she gets her money from as long as she doesn't have to do anything for it...... it grinds my gears ....

• Heart
Reactions: 44
Blah blah blah. Cry me a river. It’s like she’s the only one with outgoings, yet she chooses to give herself more.
View attachment 1466292
"Help me, I'm so poor, I can't afford my massive house 😭"

Anyone would think she'd been forced against her will to live in a huge, council tax band F, detached period property for 2 years after her rich fiancé left.

Don't forget the £2,200 you've just spunked on a designer puppy, pal. How is someone who claims to not be able to afford shampoo or lightbulbs dismissing feeding a large, hungry growing pup as nothing?

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 84
Fucks SAKE!, it’s the Blue Ticker Twitter Parade of Absolute Arseholes. PAGING BULLY BRAGG, COME IN AIDEN COMERFORD!, LAURIE PENNY TO THE PYRAMID STAGE”

• Haha
Reactions: 65
This squig hits on a very good point (one of many very good points she makes). She did something practical, at her own cost - cooking courses for women on low budgets.
Jack, on the other hand, is all talk. Most of it very overblown and grandiose. “I did this” and “I’m going to do this”, BUT little if any of it actually comes to fruition. She doesn’t actually *do* anything.
The VBI is a prime example. Her brainless acolytes go on about this great achievement - but it never actually happened. All her pontificating about the indices, and it turns out it was something the ONS was already working on.
Her poverty book, which she was supposedly working on 2 years ago? Didn’t happen. See also: the “ouchy mouth” recipe book; the book of black writers: etc.
Her “work behind the scenes” with Marcus Radford and Tom Kerridge? What became of that? Nothing.
She volunteers a day a week at a food bank? Does she really? I don’t think so.
She donates home-cooked meals to a community kitchen? Not unless she has a food licence, no.
And then all the things she tries to claim credit for. The Nation Food Strategy for example (many many pages of acknowledgments, and she’s not mentioned once). Healthy start vouchers.
Her claim to be one of the most borrowed authors from libraries? She isn’t.
She claims a military gun was fired in a residential street on the Jubilee. It wasn’t.
It’s all talk. No substance.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 87
I've lost it now as I did it on a 10 minute email, but for a goldendoodle puppy of Content's age (admitedly I gave her the benefit of the doubt and said she paid £1000) using a random Thorpe Bay postcode, the cheapest - not necessarily the best by any means - but the cheapest policy was just shy of £11 pcm. It was like I described, 1k per condition cap, £100 excess plus 20% of any claim - didn't read any further as was just interested in headline figure to see if it was possible as I pay around £47 a month for my own dog.

I think these algorithms vary greatly though.
Whenever you compare insurance policies, you’ll always come across super cheap tit ones from companies you’ve never heard of. Like when I looked for travel insurance and I got quoted something like £7 for a week from Diamonddavestravelemporium.com or something equally rubbish sounding. So while £12 a month pet insurance might be possible, I’d be willing to guess Ms Forensic didn’t bother reading the policy and actually consider whether it’s worth the paper it’s printed on (before being placed in a lever arch file). Of course, when you know your paypigs will dig deep at the first sign of trouble, I guess you don’t have to stop and consider things like that. Must be nice.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 38
The fact that she waited until today to comment on the Liar thread makes me think that someone advised her to approach it this way. Pretty certain their advice would have been 'sleep on it and consider your options in the morning', not 'sleep on it and then have a complete twitter meltdown in the afternoon and make everything 100 times worse'.

Remarkable.

• Haha
Reactions: 62
Not sure if people already mentioned the 'I'll happily go to working on a supermarket' interview, when she's now being so dramatic and 'my mental health is suffering' over having to apply for jobs....

• Heart
Reactions: 43
I've lost it now as I did it on a 10 minute email, but for a goldendoodle puppy of Content's age (admitedly I gave her the benefit of the doubt and said she paid £1000) using a random Thorpe Bay postcode, the cheapest - not necessarily the best by any means - but the cheapest policy was just shy of £11 pcm. It was like I described, 1k per condition cap, £100 excess plus 20% of any claim - didn't read any further as was just interested in headline figure to see if it was possible as I pay around £47 a month for my own dog.

I think these algorithms vary greatly though.
Yeah, there are so many variables with pet insurance. I'm imagining she is gone for the lowest per condition £ cover as you say. Which is very ill advised. Plus, if she keeps taking the dog to the vets with random tummy upsets, she may have to declare it on any renewal.

Reactions: 20
Whenever you compare insurance policies, you’ll always come across super cheap tit ones from companies you’ve never heard of. Like when I looked for travel insurance and I got quoted something like £7 for a week from Diamonddavestravelemporium.com or something equally rubbish sounding. So while £12 a month pet insurance might be possible, I’d be willing to guess Ms Forensic didn’t bother reading the policy and actually consider whether it’s worth the paper it’s printed on (before being placed in a lever arch file). Of course, when you know your paypigs will dig deep at the first sign of trouble, I guess you don’t have to stop and consider things like that. Must be nice.
Oh no, I know - I have 2 cats and a dog and am fully aware of what's involved in researching (and paying through the nose) for decent insurance. But it is possible to get something calling itself an insurance policy for around the £12 per month she mentioned - whether or not it's worth the paper it's written on is a different matter. But I don't disbelieve that she has the cheapest policy parading itself on the internet and thinks that is adequate.

And as others have said, I also pay an additional £13 per month to the vet for my dog's flea/worm/annusal boosters.

Reactions: 20
7425AF98-E693-4D18-AB81-88C6AC1FD1FA.jpeg

Just stop grifting you massive twit.

The grift is the only issue people have.

• Angry
  • Haha
Reactions: 81
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.