Jack Monroe #350 Can you crochet a web of lies?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I really hope that the squigs don't run out of steam. She's exhausting.

Reactions: 30
Without sounding confrontational, Hotes, I'm really not sure I agree. There are literally hundreds, if not thousands of screenshots on these threads of people calling her out. It isn't our role to moderate this forum or what other people have said on Twitter. I don't think it is unreasonable to share screenshots given the current chaos. If I'm wrong or if I've completely misunderstood your post then I'm happy to be corrected.
Given this particular scenario has been going on for days and we've pretty much all engaged with this, I'm not sure what is different about these recent screenshots that mean we now have to be careful.
It’s not different, I’m just saying sharing trolly screenshots has led to - follow up tweets aimed at posters here, using their handles and saying mean things, and people being tracked down on their socials and sent abuse. In some cases they’ve stopped posting here because of it.
Go ahead and post them if you wish, but be aware of the risk. People think the risk is just “it’s not got clout” rather than “I might personally get trolled as a result”. We have a lot of newer members who haven’t seen it happen, don’t usually screenshot etc. if this info isn’t relevant to you, fine. It might be useful to someone else.

ETA - have a lovely day 🤣

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 47
I think what upsets me the most is that few (if any) have been "abusive" toward JM. They've just called out her bullshit. This is the same excuse my (abusive) ex used to say whenever his abusive behaviour was questioned - "you're twisting my words", "your gaslighting me", "you're abusive" ad nauseam. He used my ADHD and anxiety in a smear campaign with his current GF who is very JM like with the victim story and has tried to paint me as a bad parent, a useless dysfunctional member of society and sent me the most vile, narc-ragey emails that when I see JM's tweets, feel almost triggering with how similar they are (mainly the snidey ones). My ex hated it when I presented him with irrefutable facts and evidence of his behaviour, and instantly went on a projection mission, or just stonewalled me out and ignores the facts. Unlike JM, I'm not going to say "Please be kind to me" or "Please don't worry about me" because genuinely I'm fine and these threads provide brilliant distraction in a time in my life where everything feels unnervy and I'm still healing from the trauma bond of my ex. You are all such wonderful, intelligent and moral souls. /end

• Heart
Reactions: 64
I wonder what her first "normal" tweet will be? Semi nude bikini shot? Something arse licky and political?

Something about the non judgemental love of a dog?

• Haha
Reactions: 55
I wonder what her first "normal" tweet will be? Semi nude bikini shot? Something arse licky and political?

Something about the non judgemental love of a dog?
whatever it is, it better be good. Cos she’s not really got control of the narrative at the moment.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 35
It’s not different, I’m just saying sharing trolly screenshots has led to - follow up tweets aimed at posters here, using their handles and saying mean things, and people being tracked down on their socials and sent abuse. In some cases they’ve stopped posting here because of it.
Go ahead and post them if you wish, but be aware of the risk. People think the risk is just “it’s not got clout” rather than “I might personally get trolled as a result”. We have a lot of newer members who haven’t seen it happen, don’t usually screenshot etc. if this info isn’t relevant to you, fine. It might be useful to someone else.

ETA - have a lovely day 🤣
Thanks Hotes. One of the things I enjoy about this forum is that people can come from different view points civilly and converse like adults. I get now why you're saying it, but I don't think it'll stop - especially during this whirling dervish of a chaos.
Now please duck off and leave me and my son dog alone.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 78
I bet Jack is wondering why this is happening now. She has churned out grifts for years with no significant blow back. And more big hitters have previously waded in to defend her if there was any.
I do think the cost of living crisis has made her self pitying whining with accompanying beg, when she is a self appointed anti poverty campaigner representing others, extremely unpalatable.

• Heart
Reactions: 77
I teach (triangulate away Jack) and some of the kids saw pics of Harold and a cat I drew wearing a ‘Dead people CANT Riot’ T shirt (don’t even remember why) when I was screensharing. Also a pic of Jack wearing her gypsy rose glasses. #Awkward
And this is why I don't screenshare my phone in class 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 35
I’m not sure I can see any MSM taking this on. Well not as a “gotcha/takedown” anyway. Maybe a comment /opinion piece about online personas or some kind of morality tale about social media and mental health. They’d obviously be well lawyered up but would still have to be careful about not being seen to be ridiculing someone who is more than likely quite unwell.

Reactions: 42
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.