Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Five hundred dogs

VIP Member
I think the same!

Kids in grammar schools aren't gifted, not like child prodigies, nope. Just more academic and nerdier. She only sat 7 GCSE's too, that's shockingly low for a grammar, so she can't have been that 'gifted'. (15 subjects was the standard at mine.)
I’m in Kent which is fully selective, grammars take approximately the top 25% of academic achievers so while obviously not everyone goes to one they’re not particularly exclusive and filled with prodigies.

• Heart
Reactions: 21

Captainmouse

VIP Member
Big D will last forever!
Seriously though, I read an article once about the things that the oldest people in the world have in common. It varied but they made a tick list and Big D seems to have most of them.
In no particular order it included having grandchildren, owning pets, eating a Mediterranean diet and keeping active. There was more to it than that but Big D has all of those in buckets.
Plus the fact that the empire has to be split 4 ways.
Possibly more, if they include grandchildren

Reactions: 20
Lots of cooks I follow are doing weekly meal plans at the moment. It’s really striking the budget cook isn’t.
Becky Excell (gluten free cook) has been making air fryer cookies this week. They look tasty and there’s a recipe.

I feel sorry for the other members of her AA groups (if she really is going)

Lazarus

VIP Member
I’ll grant you - the bike shop is fricking amazing.
Very good indeed. Haven’t been to the Chip for years. The restaurant scene in Glasgow has evolved so much in recent years that the Chip lost its appeal. So many other good places to choose.

MsGilmore

VIP Member
Oh gawd, I hate the IQ thing! I could never get through the test and found it very soul destroying! I like to think that I am intelligent in my mind own average way! I’d say that Jack is of average intelligence too!
My auntie worked at a rough comprehensive school and she was in charge of the gifted and talented scheme so it’s not just exclusive to grammar schools these days.
Jack is one of those people who make an arse of themselves on a daily basis because they think they know it all.

StatusWoe

VIP Member
Just rediscovered something which I want to share.

Do you remember the time Jack randomly tweeted in Czech before deleting it 23 minutes later?

View attachment 1434234

(translation: Are you okay?)
What?! I didn't know about this, but need an explanation. Is this Jack's covfefe moment?

sat in a cluttered house infested with mice, eating fishy eggs in bed with crumbling teeth. yuck.
I'd pay money to see what would happen if she put this on her Tinder bio.

• Haha

Vanelope

VIP Member
Glaswegian fraus, can we blame Jack's visit and influence for the Chip going full metal chain, in restaurant parlance?
For the non-locals, a well-established fancy West End restaurant in Glasgow which is one of three differently-named/themed hostelries owned by a local family (microchain?) has been bought by a national pub macrochain.
The Chip?

• Haha

MsGilmore

VIP Member
Because HMRC are clamping down, and have threatened the employers with liability for tax, if the freelancers/contractors don’t pay. This is part of what caused the furore at the bbc.

Also, what some ‘freelancers' fail to appreciate, HMRC know what they have been paid, even if they don’t declare it. Because the employer has already told them. As I said up thread, IT is a perfect example you cannot work for Bank of England, cabinet office, police, mod, doh, bt, freemantle media, etc etc as a sole trader, but then we are not just popping in for 10 mins like mackie.

I have no idea about patreon, but I would be Surprised if they do not have to submit.
Oh yeah I get the whole BBC arrangement, but I’m not sure that they can make employers employ staff on a PAYE basis. Although that may be where the whole IR35 comes in.

HMRC don’t know about self employment income. It’s only PAYE income that is reported by employers. Jack can realistically get away with not declaring the Patreon income because HMRC can’t question income from self employment unless they suspect fraud.