Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Captainmouse

VIP Member
Oh yeah I get the whole BBC arrangement, but I’m not sure that they can make employers employ staff on a PAYE basis. Although that may be where the whole IR35 comes in.

HMRC don’t know about self employment income. It’s only PAYE income that is reported by employers. Jack can realistically get away with not declaring the Patreon income because HMRC can’t question income from self employment unless they suspect fraud.
they don’t make them PAYE, but they can insist on Ltd.

But they do, self employed people submit invoices for 'services', companies pay these invoices, they have to declare these payments. So they can offset against their own tax.

Reactions: 16

Holasenoritax

I think it started by accident but she can't bear to be corrected or helped...she always needs to be the rescuer...but calling for help constantly...exhausting to watch on Twitter. Potentially a nightmare for any nearby friends and relatives xx
She's a typical narc, her friends are most likely exhausted by her BS

Reactions: 16

Cookiecookie

VIP Member
Can someone help me please?
I can understand how half a tray was overdone but these burnt ones are scattered intermittently across the bake. Like the oven had laser beams to zap individual biscuits and leave the surrounding ones raw.
If she's put two different tray bakes in the rack, why has she put the burnt ones in? If she's put them on the rack and arranged them for aesthetic purposes why include the shit ones?
She used two kinds of curd - lemon, and ginger (fancy)

• Haha
Reactions: 15

MsGilmore

VIP Member
Depends whether papers, tv etc are happy to pay a sole trader, or insist on Ltd only. In IT you cannot operate as a sole trader. nobody will employ you on that basis.
Why would it matter to an employer that someone is a sole trader or a limited company? It’s just a different way of reporting (and taxing) income earned. Both are sole traders really!

Five hundred dogs

VIP Member
By Jack's own omissions, she got expelled for wielding knives. I don't think that's true, but, it may have an element of truth in it (as most of Jack's stories do.).

Maybe she did something that made her unsafe for the foster children to be around? Her parents sided with the foster kids/social services, and Jack left. (Just spitballing.)

Is there any proof that she wasn't living at home at this point anyways?
Only her word as far as I know.

Orphan_Black

VIP Member
Is it also that she doesn’t count her non A-C grades as GCSEs? I went through a shit time age 15-16 and got pretty awful GCSEs. I’ve definitely been told before that I only have 3 GCSEs and all my D-Fs don’t count 😅
That's where the 4.5 comes from, she sat seven exams, probably the basic core subjects (English, maths etc) but only passed 4 and and a half of them.

Captainmouse

VIP Member

Ha! It's a DKL midweek throwback sesh! Toot Toot!

ETA-
View attachment 1432878

I’ve thought long and hard about it and this was definitely my 2020 highlight. Before we went live on DKL every day in the first week I would be in my kitchen from 6am doing sound checks and rehearsals and tech checks and script run throughs and also parenting and feeding the family and setting up home schooling and moving the lighting depending on the weather and cleaning smudges off cabinets and a zillion other things - it was absolutely MAD here every single morning trying to segue from a home kitchen to a studio space and back again....so I didn’t notice one morning that as I raced back in to the kitchen after my final-nervous-wee-two-minutes-before-the-theme-tune (shouting to the fam to disconnect everything from the WiFi and not come in for the next hour) that my big gorgeous cat had run in the door behind me... until I saw him looming in the background of the iPad i’d duct taped up in a corner to keep an eye on the gallery (that’s a row of screens that shows the live transmission, the studio, the director/team and multiple camera angles so you can keep an eye on what’s going on and going out). And anyway, 1.6 million people got to hear the special soppy voice I talk to my cat with live on the BBC. And he biffed me in the face for it, because he’s so much cooler than I am. To this day I remain grateful that he chose to make his television debut on the day I’d finally got my shit together enough to do my hair and makeup. What a wild time this was. And how thankful I am for all of it
No mention of the gross overflowing bin 🤢

• Sick

alphaspagbol

Chatty Member
I’m Scottish so no experience of GCSEs. But is it actually possible to get half of a GCSE. The closest I can think of here would have been (back in the day when I sat exams) getting a comp O (compensatory O’grade) instead of a higher. I.e you failed the higher but were deemed good enough to have passed an o’grade.

Last edited:
Reactions: 14

FeelingGroovy

Oh my god; it took the wind from my sails when I found out the Chip also owned the Bike Shop. To find out they were being taken over by Greene King of all boring AF chains?
Utterly unbelievable.
I’ll grant you - the bike shop is fricking amazing.

Reactions: 13