Jack Monroe #340 Not a professional account

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She is a literal food writer and making such a fuss about making some bleeping biscuits. I made some last week with my 2 yr old grandchild 🔺 with less palaver. And they looked better. They literally are child's play. Omg why are people such simpletons praising her for doing the most basic thing ever - it should be her job.
It's like praising Stephen Hawking for knowing his times tables.

ETA the one thing in their favour is no one can accuse her of using shop bought ones there 😬
You see this in response to the ‘biscuits’ tweet…

C6B11A46-1E1F-459A-A700-056F61ABB6F8.jpeg

And all you can think is…

C6B903D5-AFD5-4490-B942-71F821A7C82A.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: 45
She spoke to the Select Committee in March (after the war had started), or was there a previous one that I missed? #forensic

• Haha
Reactions: 50
Did she even mention the grain shortage there? She has stolen a lot of her recent talking points from the expertise of the other two panellists.

Or she might have stolen it from here.

• Haha
Reactions: 43
Yeah that's right, the big wigs ignored you Jack.

If they had listened to you (and only you, right?) what would you have liked them to have done to solve the issue oh wise one?

• Haha
Reactions: 40
I made chocolate chip cookies this week, and not to TOOT TOOT my own horn but they're good (apart from the trayload I burned and had to throw away...I'm not autistic so sometimes my cooking goes wrong).

Jack's cookies look frankly dangerous for someone prone to ouchy mouth. Also mixing Smarties and M&Ms is strangely offensive to me, it just feels wrong? Tell me I'm not alone...
It is very wrong. It should be one or the other.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 27
Those cookies will be no good for an ouchy mouth. Guess that's just the way the tooth cookie pumbles crumbles

• Haha
Reactions: 32
They look utterly, utterly repellent, I'm getting dehydrated looking at them. I would never mix Smarties and M&Ms either, maybe because I'm autistic. Oh no, that's not it. It's because I'm not (currently) an actual maniac. Also what's going on with this single smol one? That's not very forensic Big Maths!

smol cookie.png

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 64
1657816062395.png

"Major global grain shortage coming down the pipes. Going to be a big problem... Don't interrupt, Lorraine."

• Haha
Reactions: 88
Anyone else trying to remember all the times Jack mentioned the global grain shortage? I'm sure there were lots.

• Haha
Reactions: 46
This massively annoys me to! I feel like she’s is trying to make a point more interesting/valid by doing this. It’s on the same lines as when someone uses all capitals or loads of swear words to make a point when in reality you have just made yourself look worse 🤦🏼‍♀️
Yes! Just like the video of her reading the Effing Poem (can't remember the name of it but that was the main word used throughout).
I'm Wack Monroe. I'm smol and quirky and funny and cute as a brass neck button and I like to swear a lot 'cause it makes me edgy.
Does it duck feck, Jack.:rolleyes:
Oops, me bad.:m

All things brown and sloppy-ful
All filthy rugs and walls
All things inedible and woeful
The slopgoblin made them all
GENIUS! This has made my day! 👏👏👏:LOL:

• Haha
Reactions: 25
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.