Jack Monroe #339 David Attenborough lied about walruses

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Has she deleted the "homophobic Harold dissed my lesbian fashion sense, so I gave him a smol pixie stare' (like or even adjacent to a Paddington Bear stare but less disappointing and more arsey) tweet?
It's still there. It's a reply rather than a general tweet.

• Sad
Reactions: 21
I'm curious to know what other people think of those memes. I've always felt really conflicted about them. I see how they could be helpful for people who aren't very assertive and need to set boundaries/think of themselves more, etc. But there's so much potential for the message to be misused by narcissists looking to justify selfish choices. I remember an episode of Married at First Sight Australia (that well-known paragon of stability and kindness) where a woman had cheated on her husband, lied to the new partner, and wrecked other people's relationships, but when confronted she just said ''I deserve to be happy!!'' I thought ''wow, you really don't'' 😬 😂
The way I see it, there's a whole culture online that encourages people to be selfish, act like they don't owe anybody anything. "Cut off anyone who's not serving your needs," and so on, just seeing other people as objects, as if community and family and friendship ties aren't important except if they always benefit you? If that makes sense
It's a shame because if you're in a toxic workplace and need to assert yourself, putting yourself first makes a lot of sense! I just see too many of these memes getting hijacked by people who want an excuse to be selfish.
But yes if the memes help someone that's a good point in their favour, didn't think of it that way!

• Heart
Reactions: 37
So ultra-lefty Jack now wants us to believe that she was hoping to marry and make babies with a tattoo hating closet tory? Okay.

• Haha
Reactions: 48
on the tattoo tweet she said most recent exes plural, so that implicates LJC too.

Her Instagram looks like she has good friends around her so hopefully they’re about to support…
I wonder if they still follow each other? Seems like they are no longer bubble buddies... 🤔

• Wow
Reactions: 28
She's going through the stages of breakup : Disbelief, Trying to get them back, and now slagging them off. She can be as angy as she likes - I still think he was a character created by her.

• Haha
Reactions: 42
I’ve also noticed this and I entirely agree and I also think the the notion of self care or of seeking happiness gets muddled up with abjuration of all responsibilities in memes like this. In my mind fulfilling your responsibilities to your loved ones and to society is key to being happy in the long term even if sometimes it can be a struggle, no? I mean obviously sometimes you have to step back and protect yourself and you’re not responsible for anyone else’s happiness, BUT at the same time we are social animals and that means that sometimes we sacrifice short term pleasure in order to do something or give something to someone else so that we can get help in future when we need it, that’s just the social contract that underpins human society no? Also taken to extreme, always putting your own wishes and pleasures first means you’ll wind up being a totally Lone Ranger and where’s the fun in that? And mightn’t that be exactly what Jack faces in her future unless she changes her ways? But I’m an older Frau so maybe that’s just not how it works these days lol

OMG the DKL leg splay was hilarious, total George Osborne 2013 vibes lol
It was the leg splay and hands on hips pose which confused me - arrogant attitude meets timid mouse delivery.

• Haha
Reactions: 31
This one! 😂 She really shouldn't be taking the piss out of how other people stand 😬

I don't know why she does this pose, it looks so forced and unnatural. God knows who told her it was a good idea, the presenter training perhaps? Clasp your hands in front of you or something instead of that weird pelvic thrust/teapot arms thing. 🤷

Screenshot_20220713-154352.png

• Haha
Reactions: 33
You could say this both ways though, surely? Why would a woman who has 47 tattoos date someone who doesn't think women should have tattoos?

Oh silly me, I'm trying to find logic in Jack's spite again. When will I learn? 😂
Also doesn't it indicate a level of maturity on Harold's part? He doesn't like tattoos on women but like most normal people realises there is more to a person than that? He liked Jack for her (yes barmy I know but 🤷‍♀️).
Jack seems to be the only one who sees them as a personality trait.

• Heart
Reactions: 52
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.