Jack Monroe #34 Medicine won't lift her gloom. Lady doc says Facetune!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I have said it before, and I’ll say it again: she has not lost over two stone. Nowhere near it. She is short, and was slim to begin with. It would be very obvious if she had lost that amount of weight

Reactions: 29
Right, there's millions of comments and I can't deal with going through them all! Wtf has happened to her lip?!!
She bit it because we’re all horrible and she’s stressed and it’s an ADHD thing and she’s unique and special and please give her advice only don’t because she’s tried everything and how dare you! Basically.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 25
Glad this person responded, if she had any clue about adhd meds she would’ve known instead of treating yet another fan with utter disdain. Wonder why bootstrap doesn’t have a prepaid card? Not very money saving.

EBDDAAE4-CED7-4A8C-8D21-A385B9F7326A.jpeg

I would say she should retract her diatribe tweet but we all know they’ll be gone later anyway.

(Edited to remove usernames)

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 33
Wtf! What a nasty response to a woman who’s clearly struggling. I cannot believe she had the cheek to come here and suggest we didn’t like her as she was too woke / caring, the woke & caring thing to reply would have been please do not crash diet by experimenting with prescription drugs - your GP will be able to support you on a healthy journey if you so wish!! What a head. I’m already 3 pages behind so I assume it just gets worse.

• Heart
Reactions: 41
My god, she is unbelievably stupid. She wants everyone else to think about what they say but she can use whatever triggering words she likes without any thought to other people. Don’t tell people not to comment on your weight when you used the blur tool on your hips in the cringey sideboard photos!

Much love to you @Silver Linings and anyone else affected by Jack’s irresponsible words.

• Heart
Reactions: 36
But wasn’t she claiming she’s in the best shape of her life recently because of her stupid ‘exercise whenever you read negative comments’ routine? I dislike her. I actually dislike her. And I don’t care if people disagree with me, but to grow up with a mother this self obsessed and narcissistic must be absolutely miserable - her poor son.
I agree with you wholeheartedly. I know people here don’t like to take digs at her as a parent, and I can see why - it does feel like an extremely low blow. But I think she’s disgusting, and no, not a good parent at all.

Reactions: 15
I also agree, but I do like to be clear: Jacksy, which is it? (Reminds me of people in apartment buildings who don't get their way on X so next meeting declare X is a SAFETY ISSUE!)
When I said that I agreed with her, it was before she posted the rest of her tirade and now I am horrified. I only agree that people shouldn't be asking about taking adhd meds for weight loss, not any of the rest of it.

I battled bulimia for about 18 years (strongly linked to my anxiety - so many of these disorders go hand in hand, much like ADHD and falling under trains). It's a horrible, nasty disease that is very hard to fully recover from.

I think there is a tendency to dismiss EDs as a teenage girl phase, or alternatively to treat sufferers like morons. I don't need to be treated with kid gloves, I'm an adult in my 30s and very conscious of things to avoid looking at. Still, I'm uncomfortable discussing my weight with most people.

Jack has spent WEEKS posting "sexy"* pictures, claiming she's never looked better, and generally flaunting her weight loss. This is grossly irresponsible.

What makes it worse is that many ED sufferers become obsessed with food. I have a large cookbook collection. A lot of us do. I imagine a lot also follow celebrity chefs (and indeed cookbook authors/poets) on Twitter. JM is surely aware of this.

I actually wrote a bit more, but I'm deleting it as a potential trigger...because unlike some people, I'm not a total bleep I guess.

* different strokes for different folks, shoutout to the saggy sports bra fetishists out there ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 58
I’m so embarrassed to post here after flouncing off on Friday. Admin deleted my post and told me off (I didn’t know it wasn’t allowed. Sorry guys). Admin also said 95% of flouncers come back.

Not me! I said. I won’t be back - I have principles! I even deleted my account temporarily. Then godammit she posts the kitten, the glasto pic, the shouting at people who offer advice that she asked for, the lipstick and now the despicable weight loss tit.

I’m not strong enough. I can’t resist. The urge to discuss it with the housefrau cabal is too much. It’s no fun yelling WTF at her twitter on your own.

Also, I can’t remember who it was but somebody referred to Lipdown Larder and it properly made me snort and I knew I had to do a JM and shuffle back in.

HOPE YOU ALL HAVE A LOVELY DAY

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 65
I’m confused. Why is she paying so much for prescriptions?
I live in Wales, we don’t pay for prescriptions.

Reactions: 11
“Deprive the trolls of the attention, and forget about them”

How’s that working out for you, Jack? 😉

• Haha
Reactions: 22
Agh guys/fraus sorry to be a Jack. I try and stay vague but she has fucked me right off. I’m ok and will be but others might not be and she bloody knows that.
I am glad you are well ❤ Also you just know if someone else posted this she would complain about not having trigger warnings etc and then go on about her own strugggles (worse than anyone else teeth ad nauseum)

• Heart
Not to piss on Jack's parade but just popped in for a catch up and tell you my news. Daughter no.2 was expecting a baby on August 12th but she had him this morning. Early baby but he is 5lbs and both doing well. Never have I felt so far away but Covid is a witch that isn't going away anytime soon.
As you were, you lovely lot.

• Heart
Reactions: 113
@Silver Linings massive hugs. My own past issues aren’t something I really discuss and I’m not going to say I know how you feel but yea, I kind of get it. Take a break from Jack’s ridiculous twattery if you need to ❤

I know I’m not the most articulate person in the world but Jack, having apparently gone through an ED herself and being a writer, should know better about how words affect people!!

• Heart
Reactions: 30
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.