Jack Monroe #34 Medicine won't lift her gloom. Lady doc says Facetune!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Interesting to hear that Jack has a private prescription for ADHD meds. That means she paid for a private diagnosis too. The NHS won’t accept private diagnoses so that’s why she’s forced to pay for the meds instead of getting them from the NHS.

I mean, waiting lists are long and arduous, but she could still seek an NHS diagnosis if she wanted to. Next time she pleads poverty we’ll have to remember that.

I’m also getting a bit tired of how triggered she is by everything. Losing weight triggers ED trauma. Hunger triggers poverty trauma. Have I missed anything?

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 38
When I said that I agreed with her, it was before she posted the rest of her tirade and now I am horrified. I only agree that people shouldn't be asking about taking adhd meds for weight loss, not any of the rest of it.
Yep, she took it to the next level again. duck her so much. "Look what this person SAID." "Don't pile on the person I just pointed out to you in a way you cannot miss." "I am off my tits on drugs prescribed plus any combo OTC I can get my hands on." "I was off my tits all the time in Hellmans live." "I take drugs very seriously and consciously and mindfully and earnestly, and would never take photos of myself highlighting angles and fake poses to look ill for sympathy."

She's very very, hmmm, triangulating, to me. She makes me want to triangulate

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 37
@Silver Linings massive hugs. My own past issues aren’t something I really discuss and I’m not going to say I know how you feel but yea, I kind of get it. Take a break from Jack’s ridiculous twattery if you need to ❤

I know I’m not the most articulate person in the world but Jack, having apparently gone through an ED herself and being a writer, should know better about how words affect people!!
Thank you. ❤ She wants people to pay her to write them, commission her!

• Haha
Reactions: 15
Not to piss on Jack's parade but just popped in for a catch up and tell you my news. Daughter no.2 was expecting a baby on August 12th but she had him this morning. Early baby but he is 5lbs and both doing well. Never have I felt so far away but Covid is a witch that isn't going away anytime soon.
As you were, you lovely lot.
Congratulations. I hope you can visit your daughter and baby soon.

• Heart
Reactions: 26
I’m confused. Why is she paying so much for prescriptions?
I live in Wales, we don’t pay for prescriptions.
So in England I think it’s £7 or £9 per item you get, you can get prepaid cards if you require a lot. If you have a private doctor you have to pay market rates rather than NHS subsidised rates for them, the most common example is what Superdrug are trying to do with the pill charging women about £30 a month for it when prescribed through their network of private doctors, but it is far more convenient than having to take time off to go to a GP or walk in etc.

So she clearly has a private doctor she could plague with all these rants rather than Twitter??

Reactions: 30
Not to piss on Jack's parade but just popped in for a catch up and tell you my news. Daughter no.2 was expecting a baby on August 12th but she had him this morning. Early baby but he is 5lbs and both doing well. Never have I felt so far away but Covid is a witch that isn't going away anytime soon.
Oh gosh. Congratulations! I hope you get some baby cuddles asap and all stays well. Lovely news. ❤❤

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Ooh she’s caught a blue ticker!!! Reel her in, Jack. Nigella you wally.
Is she referring to the tabloids here? 😂 They‘re a bit busy reporting on Adele’s weight loss hun, she’s actually famous. If so, she’s just outed herself in that tweet, creating drama for media coverage because everything else has failed. Lower than a snake’s belly.

• Haha
Reactions: 31
Why has she put paw prints next to her name? Is the poor kitten seriously actually happening?!
@Silver Linings, with much love from me to you, put the phone down. Take a breath. She's truly awful and you don't deserve to be triggered by her tit. Take a little break. What she's doing us terrible, but I don't want you to get unwell. We'll be here with open Hausfrauen arms to clutch you to our bosoms when you get back.

• Heart
So in England I think it’s £7 or £9 per item you get, you can get prepaid cards if you require a lot. If you have a private doctor you have to pay market rates rather than NHS subsidised rates for them, the most common example is what Superdrug are trying to do with the pill charging women about £30 a month for it when prescribed through their network of private doctors, but it is far more convenient than having to take time off to go to a GP or walk in etc.

So she clearly has a private doctor she could plague with all these rants rather than Twitter??
Yes, this. I would have to pay over £70 a month for my medication but have a pre payment card which is £10 a month gor unlimited prescriptions

Reactions: 13
I’m sorry, but surely Nigella can’t have read all of the deleted tweets in this episode? I can’t see how she could garner any sympathy for Jack and her fake chewed mouth after what happened to her beloved husband. Or maybe Nigella is just so lovely and pure that she can’t see what a manipulative piece of tit Jack is. How the hell Jack has turned this around to be other people’s fault is quite unbelievable!

Reactions: 33
omg mega congratulations this is the loveliest news ever, are you close by for a distant visit?

and sending lots of love to everyone being triggered by her, she’s truly vile isn’t she x

• Heart
Reactions: 24
Is she referring to the tabloids here? 😂 They‘re a bit busy reporting on Adele’s weight loss hun, she’s actually famous. If so, she’s just outed herself in that tweet, creating drama for media coverage because everything else has failed. Lower than a snake’s belly.
She always does this. “THE PRESS BETTER NOT REPORT ABOUT THIS!” while waving her hands in the air to get their attention. Like there’s not slightly more pressing matters to report on right now.

• Haha

Thanks for the information.
It doesn’t fit into the poverty bio!

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Wtf! What a nasty response to a woman who’s clearly struggling. I cannot believe she had the cheek to come here and suggest we didn’t like her as she was too woke / caring, the woke & caring thing to reply would have been please do not crash diet by experimenting with prescription drugs - your GP will be able to support you on a healthy journey if you so wish!! What a head. I’m already 3 pages behind so I assume it just gets worse.
It was absolutely crystal clear to me that the Twitter woman was talking about ALSO being on ADHD meds (I don’t even know the names of any ADHD meds) and was jokingly saying “Cor, what do you take? I could do with that weight loss!” For Jack to aggressively and patronisingly kick off like that is just bleeping mean. If she’d spent two seconds re-reading that tweet instead of flying off the handle she would have realised she had the wrong end of the stick.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 38
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.