Jack Monroe #34 Medicine won't lift her gloom. Lady doc says Facetune!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Some good news today, hausfraus (which I don't feel like sharing on twitter yet because it is indeed a cesspit of jealousy) - I've been offered a book contract!

Taking inspiration from our BESTSELLING POET, going to think long and hard about how I can exploit the labour of black people and make it all about myself 🥰
Congratulations! What brilliant news!

• Heart
Reactions: 18
It's like, "look at me in my [feminine] dress with my hairy [masculine] legs. I am truly split along the genderline"... as if it's a dichotomy. A bit like her Guardian article photoshoot.

If so, it truly backfired.

I actually think she's not bad looking, she has a touch of Lily Allen about her. But that outfit is heinous.

Reactions: 10
Some good news today, hausfraus (which I don't feel like sharing on twitter yet because it is indeed a cesspit of jealousy) - I've been offered a book contract!

Taking inspiration from our BESTSELLING POET, going to think long and hard about how I can exploit the labour of black people and make it all about myself 🥰
Massive congratulations!! 💐
Don’t let Jack know, you are so in her lane!
You could see if she was available to write the foreword - perhaps through the medium of poetry.

This is a book
That takes up a space
On the shelf. In the shop
That should only be filled by
My book.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 51
If so, it truly backfired.

I actually think she's not bad looking, she has a touch of Lily Allen about her. But that outfit is heinous.
I'LL HAVE YOU KNOW, she once stood in for Ruby Rose in a music video (according to an Insta post a while back).... anyone know if this was actually true? Or another figment of Monroe's wild imagination?

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 26
You could see if she was available to write the foreword - perhaps through the medium of poetry.

This is a book
That takes up a space
My book.

Let’s hope THAT MAN doesn’t beat her to it, poor love

• Haha

Amazing, congratulations!!!

• Heart

This is a book
That takes up a space
My book.
One day
When you least expect
I will sidle up to you
And turn you over
Replaced
With my face

Speaking of poetry hausfraus, here's our tattle laureate herself vomiting the thesaurus and trying DESPERATELY hard not to talk about herself.

Sorry, there isn't a timestamp, but you can scroll through and find her by hovering the cursor (around 12 minutes ago) - https://www.thebookseller.com/british-book-awards

• Haha
Reactions: 20
I'LL HAVE YOU KNOW, she once stood in for Ruby Rose in a music video (according to an Insta post a while back).... anyone know if this was actually true? Or another figment of Monroe's wild imagination?

Did she?

Well, I was a stand in for Gisele Bundchen in an advert a couple of years ago. It was for the RNIB.

• Haha
Reactions: 40

Fabulous news!! xx

• Heart
Reactions: 13
I’ve started watching Schitts Creek. Thanks for the recommendation.
My dog looks pounds smaller after his groom.

• Heart
Reactions: 25

Yay, that's wonderful news! Congratulations, hope you're feeling proud as punch.

I trust the book will be dedicated to this furious cabal of hausfraus.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 20
Speaking of poetry hausfraus, here's our tattle laureate herself vomiting the thesaurus and trying DESPERATELY hard not to talk about herself.

Sorry, there isn't a timestamp, but you can scroll through and find her by hovering the cursor (around 12 minutes ago) - https://www.thebookseller.com/british-book-awards
Dear God that was embarrassing to watch. Her verbal diarrhoea is quite something. Just a barrage of meaningless drivel.

By the way, it's at 38mins in.

Last edited:
Reactions: 9
I trust the book will be dedicated to this furious cabal of hausfraus.
'Y'ALL' have gotten me through a lockdown PhD so you at least deserve a mention :ROFLMAO: . But then I think none of us would be here without JM, and then would this book have ever even existed without JM.

Is it...JACK MONROE'S BOOK??

• Haha
Reactions: 25
'Y'ALL' have gotten me through a lockdown PhD so you at least deserve a mention :ROFLMAO: . But then I think none of us would be here without JM, and then would this book have ever even existed without JM.

Is it...JACK MONROE'S BOOK??

• Haha
Reactions: 21
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.