Jack Monroe #336 Her writing style makes me wish I’d never learnt to read

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She's really pushing the autism hard recently isn't she? Does she have a brand deal with Big Autism, recipe coming soon? #prayforTS

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 59
New Guardian piece just dropped
"As I sat in my rented house, watching Boris Johnson at the Liaison committee tweets while my son mowed the lawn, I remembered a girl I once knew. A slim, rascally creature of two and twenty, the girl had been unjustly not allowed to return to the job she had resigned from weeks before and cast out on the lonely ocean of benefit applications and food insecurity without so much as a paddle to cling on to. The mother of an apple cheeked toddler, she watched her son's cheeks wither as she pulled him from pillar to post, caked in layers of unbathed dirt, Metro chafing below, ferociously and forlornly applying for job after job as a bevy of managers turned their backs. And as I watched my son put up the arch that had fallen down, tears began to race down my cheeks. My name is Jack Monroe and this is my bleeping story again"

• Haha
Reactions: 91
Jack had a silent peaceful home? What with a radio full blast on in each room?

Oldie but goody.... MAKE IT MAKE SENSE.
"Living with a news boss" simultaneously bigging up Jack and putting down LJC. At least Louisa actually did some work during lockdown 🥰

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 67
did she really say she has even considered putting her 12 year old on the naughty step? what the actual duck…that poor kid she’s an absolute horror. I can’t believe she’s allowed to spend any time alone with him at all, she’s an absolutely awful mum. that’s made me feel so so sad for SB, even if it’s not true it’s disturbing that she thinks it’s ok and normal to say
She really comes across like she does little hands-on parenting. If we think back to all the times she's spoken about him like he were a much younger child, it's like she doesn't really know what is age appropriate and is guessing? And often getting it wrong.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 60
Even if the 'sb' stuff is made up (hopefully) stop now, even if he doesn't see it his friends/peers or their families might (will). Once my children got to 11/12 they didn't want their photo taking never mind any post about them over my social media, they never said anything directly but picked up on it so stopped. Please stop using him for attention, and your pets, go find something productive to do with your life rather than living on social media your ranting are changing nothing.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 47
I do think from what she’s said repeatedly that the foster children are at the root of Jack as we know it now.

It can be a delicate balancing act and resentment easily starts building and breeding - and in fairness to Jack, it can be an incredibly stressful environment for bio children (especially if she does have some form of ASD) and that’s often sort of glossed over with “well you’re lucky compared to the foster children” which is an absolute guarantee of building resentment and bad feeling.
I definitely think that the experience of the “feral” foster children is what gave Jack the idea that in order to get attention she has to claim illness, crisis or a seriously poor mental state.

she can’t tell the difference between positive and negative attention.

she needs proper DBT to get past this erroneous idea which is ruining her relationships.

anyway Jack I’m very glad you didn’t give the puppy a BBQ’d chicken breast because that’s the quickest way to give a very young animal diarrhoea and dehydration…

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 59
"Living with a news boss" simultaneously bigging up Jack and putting down LJC. At least Louisa actually did some work during lockdown 🥰
The resentment and malice jumps out from that tweet. She is just full of spite and venom.

Nasty, nasty person.

• Heart
Reactions: 66
Have we heard anything more about the dates with The Teacher, etc?
There was a reappearance of Sad Jack. Sad Jack cancelled the pretend dates that Sexy Jack made because Politics Jack wanted to do some shouting.

• Haha
Reactions: 62
I wonder if, after he’s calmed down from his hormonal teenage rage, she’ll get the conversation cards out so they can have some jolly japes? That lad does not know he’s born, the lucky little devil.

I’d put money on him not being there tbh, she just wanted to make it look like she has him more than one night a week, not buying it love. She also wanted us to know the dog was poorly and that’s why she was up tweeting shite at 4am, you were up tweeting shite BC (before content). She wanted us to know she’s fully aware that the dog isn’t allowed out until he’s had all his vaccinations. There’s far too much information in those tweets, it’s what liars do.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 71
Aren't staff banned from doing that in most shops, for liability reasons?
It's very much still accepted there, the last one she caught she got awarded money off the judge and commended for her actions. She knows them all anyway from when they come in as young teenagers and work their way through juvenile courts up to them becoming adults and all that entails. She told me the codes they put over the tannoy to alert staff that a known offender was in.

Last edited:
Reactions: 29
Her AA tit and asd nonsense drives me itchy irritable.
Hey Jack, my best friend died. My 17 Yr old son had known him all his life, adhd and asd, just asd for me . We cried our hearts out . Then he asked his mum to see if I was alright later.
Empathy completed
And yeah we can lie.
Please stop.

• Heart
Reactions: 55
She really comes across like she does little hands-on parenting. If we think back to all the times she's spoken about him like he were a much younger child, it's like she doesn't really know what is age appropriate and is guessing? And often getting it wrong.
I completely agree. She sent him off to school with a big floppy sunhat during the recent heatwave. I mean, come on. Really?!

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 43
I definitely think that the experience of the “feral” foster children is what gave Jack the idea that in order to get attention she has to claim illness, crisis or a seriously poor mental state.

she can’t tell the difference between positive and negative attention.

she needs proper DBT to get past this erroneous idea which is ruining her relationships.

anyway Jack I’m very glad you didn’t give the puppy a BBQ’d chicken breast because that’s the quickest way to give a very young animal diarrhoea and dehydration…
I have a suspicion based on things Jack has said and also things Mama H has said in comments that the first line may have been at least partially true when Jack was younger (speculation obviously), and obviously it would amplified by a normal self-centred view of the world as kids/early teens have. Some of her comments about school reflect that too though I think there’s a lot of exaggeration from Jack in some of those anecdotes so it’s hard to know how true any of that.

Most kids would grow out of it, and even if the resentment stayed they’d be able to see why and understand and work on themselves. Jack doesn’t seem to have done, she’s just gone deeper and deeper into the hole.

Reactions: 29
I have a suspicion based on things Jack has said and also things Mama H has said in comments that the first line may have been at least partially true when Jack was younger (speculation obviously), and obviously it would amplified by a normal self-centred view of the world as kids/early teens have. Some of her comments about school reflect that too though I think there’s a lot of exaggeration from Jack in some of those anecdotes so it’s hard to know how true any of that.

Most kids would grow out of it, and even if the resentment stayed they’d be able to see why and understand and work on themselves. Jack doesn’t seem to have done, she’s just gone deeper and deeper into the hole.
becoming mildly ‘famous’ at such a young age was probably the worst thing that could have possibly happened to jack in terms of personal growth

• Heart
Reactions: 43
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.