Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Rekyavikgirl

VIP Member
The one thing I never did as an addict was discard my kit all over town. When I began there were no needle exchanges so they were at a real premium and it was easier to find gear than it was to find new needles ( the downside is we all shared and how I am not HIV positive I will never know. I do have Hep C though). I'm always annoyed that at a time when it has never been easier or more convenient to dispose of your sharps, people seem to strew them everywhere. I'd have loved my own sharps bin at the start. we used to twist off the needles and put them inside bottles so they'd be visible. Funny how we had some moral values yet discarded others. I grew up with the Wombles- that's probably why!

• Heart
Reactions: 75

BubbleDuck

VIP Member
I’ve the perfect tv show to pitch , that Jack would be perfect for. It is a completely original idea and definitely not based on any 80’s kids tv shows
DC4D8972-7096-4DE1-B05C-341F9EE621F4.png

teams of four face perilous challenges in the fantasy world of Nightmeat Castle. Jack Monroe stars as Grift-tweeter, who invites the contestants into the castle as they begin a series of computer-generated and hand-drawn games. One member of the team is selected as the Pumbleteer to take on the physical aspect of the games, whilst the other three watch from a screen , taking notes, updating lever files and give the player inaccurate advice. The aim is to complete 334 levels and get out of the castle, shoplifting various items of meat and butter along the way.

As I’m 100% sure this will be picked up and run for many series,I am off to peruse some expensive sideboards and forever homes

• Haha
  • Heart
She writes a lot of things that make it very clear she never was the primary caregiver to a toddler…? I have no doubt puppies will shit from the windows to the walls but how could they possibly generate more washing than a vomiting toddler with bed linen, clothes, towels, for both them and you? And the teddies or car seats or your actual car seats/carpets! It’s not adding up for me ☕

• Heart
  • Wow

Cantthinkofausername

I'm still thinking about the prat who claimed during the 70s on a council estate a burglar burgled a house for food and left a sweet apology note. I grew up on a council estate in the 70s. My family was poor. We ran out of food at the end of each week and on pay day my dad would go get food in his lunch break and bring it to the house so we could have lunch.

People shared with neighbours in need, either food or labour or time. We didn't burgle each other. If you're the sort of person who would rob someone you'll do it for whatever reason. If that's not you and your kids are hungry, you'll swallow your pride and knock on doors asking for a loaf of bread.

These idiots playing Jack's game turn my stomach. They make people think if I'm struggling to feed my kid or get formula, I can't tell the school or the health visitor or turn to a neighbour or friend because I might lose my kid (that was Jack's version of why she had to endure The Poverty in Noble Silence) so it's better to risk an arrest or even a conviction for shoplifting or burglary.
It's completely irresponsible. The fact is, we do have a safety net (not just food banks ) and Jack could really be highlighting them. As an example, we are a 'vulnerable' family and we get frequent letters from my (Tory controlled) council informing me they have funds for emergency help if needed. I haven't needed to turn to them yet, but it's comforting to know that help is there.
I really dislike her attempts to paint our society as a dystopian 'third world' hell hole with hordes of desperate people on the brink of starvation. It really isn't like that. Things are tough for a lot of people at the moment, and of course there are problems, but lets have some balance here.

• Heart
  • Haha

DinosaurSenior

VIP Member
"taps the sign" makes me want to jump up and down on my phone. Aaaggghhh!

And shoehorning in a bit about her edgy days at "festivals". Probs wearing her stab vest. At the Christian Youth festival

• Haha
Reactions: 74

Cucumberthunder

VIP Member
Dear lord that article is nonsense but this jumped out at me...

Screenshot_20220706-151101.png

Also it's amazing that it could've been written last week or 4 years ago. Nothing changes in jack land.

• Haha
  • Wow

Jelly Bean

VIP Member
Bizarrely Jack has claimed she protect's SB's privacy like a lioness, or something like that.
Disclosing he 'huffs and puffs and shouts' on the naughty step aged 12 is doing a great job of respecting that.

• Sad

OwlRightsReserved

VIP Member
"I don't have time for this" - she has so much time. Oodles of time. She does fuck all (Sorry Manc), she's swimming in time.

• Haha
Reactions: 73

Smeghead

VIP Member
“My name is Lenny and I’m a rambler”

#ramblersanonymous
I started off with small paths by grassy verges, but the lure of knee-high woollen socks and the feel of a paper map between my fingers proved to much. Now I can’t go a weekend without finding a coastal pathway. It’s taken over my life.

• Haha
  • Heart

Mr Krabs

VIP Member
Lee Anderson just got a shout out on BBC News as he’s issued a statement saying he no longer supports the PM.

Strangely, there was no mention of his ongoing libel struggles with a certain smol pixie. Must be because Jack is too sweary and tattooed and working class to even mention on the beeb.

• Haha

LavaFlake

VIP Member
I found Cooking on a Bootstrap in Oxfam in Clifton, Bristol. Which says all you need to know about who is buying her books lol.

• Haha
Reactions: 72

Django

VIP Member
And @colouredlines took one for the team and recreated the legend that is pumble. Surprisingly enough it was a sad disappointment, send tissuos.
She also revealed that she has an OH, hopefully he is deliciously ordinary.

• Haha
  • Heart

DisgruntledGoat

VIP Member
🤔 huh, re-reading that Scotsman interview, this paragraph stood out to me:
View attachment 1396461

Maybe they were happy to accept her resignation because she kept calling in with a "migraine". Do that often enough in any workplace and they'll get annoyed. Can only imagine it being worse when you've got rosters to juggle.
“A day off with depression” is exactly the sort of thing that’s thrown out there that means mental health isn’t taken seriously and indeed appropriated by shirking dickheads who fancy a morning in bed. Fuck off, Jack, you don’t know the meaning of the word you cosseted little twat.

• Heart

Lucy Aeroplane

VIP Member
Things like that make me believe that Jack does have some from of Autism Spectrum Disorder, tbh. Whether it's ever been professionally diagnosed I couldn't say, though.
Haven’t posted for a while and still grunking away here, but just wanted to say I have a proper diagnosis of ASD (Asperger’s type before we disowned Asperger) and I would like to pull up what appears to be a repetition of the common misconception that we don’t have empathy, can’t love people blah blah blah. It’s not true and means that people who are simply horrible people are labelled as having ASD, which does those of us who actually have ASD no favours whatsoever, especially not women. It’s a condition that’s poorly understood by the general public in part because of repetition of things that aren’t really true about it. If anything, some more recent qualitative work with ASD women indicates we’re more likely to feel emotions very deeply (to the point of feeling physically hurt) than not at all. Being unable to love (or conceptualise another’s needs) or feel empathy are more likely to be indicators of NPD than they are ASD, particularly in women.

edited to add, caught up and can see a couple of ninnies had already made the same points, including the one about NPD x

Last edited:
  • Heart