Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Pimpinella

Chatty Member
I sometimes wish I was French...then I could put up a road blockade and burn effigies with impunity..... I'd go through a lot of straw for this one...

• Haha
Reactions: 16

Captainmouse

VIP Member
I'm 50 and I've been to Nandos twice. Both times with my son. Both times it was quite lively 😂. I'm a bit deaf in my right ear so I had no clue what was going on 😂. I can't go to Subway for the same reason. There are many questions which I can't hear or understand 😂. I've tried but just look 😬 at the serving staff.
I’ve been once, didn’t get it. Decidedly average, wouldn’t go again

I must be behind on my street lingo, never heard ❄ referred to as Day Nurse before.

Jonathan Pie is a fictional news reporter played by a comedian, he was popular during the Brexit campaign initially. The incident Jack is referring to was a speech he made at Cambridge student Union (my friend was at uni there at the time so I remember it pretty well) the general gist of it is that the character is a shitty pervy person, so kept accidentally referring to himself as a sexual predator. Quite a lot of the audience were offended and upset by it, five odd years ago when it happened. Finger on the pulse Jack at it again 🕵🏻 I don’t really have a strong opinion on him myself, but it pisses me off when people like Jack throw around such out of context and vague accusations. She has a big following and should be more concise with her slagging off tweets, she’s not a teenager on her personal Facebook.
Not sure about the Jimmy Carr thing.
She probably loves Jimmy, tax dodger 🙄

• Wow
Reactions: 15

FunnyFuneral

VIP Member
I'm going to age myself here, but at 12-13 I was listening to the Pistols, Buzzcocks, The Damned etc, out with my friends every night after school, going to the local youth club, getting the bus all over the place, smoking, occasionally having a can, going 'up town' every weekend, and generally having a good old time. If my Mum had tried to put me on the naughty step I would probably have laughed.

*I turned out okay by the way :)

*If I'd been put on a 'naughty step' things may have turned out differently...
Same babe x

• Heart
Reactions: 14

houseofhoop

VIP Member

This is what I love about the canal. I just thought the caffeine was a red flag, and look how much we've learned since! Those Day/Night Nurse are chocked full of nasties, wow, no wonder people feel better on them!

(Also resisting all urges to make Sweet Dee crack addict jokes. My mind is just going there 😂 )
Was just going to say ‘no wonder I felt ‘happy’ when I took it’ haha

• Haha
Reactions: 13

WTFDidIJustSee

Chatty Member
I have a trans family member who has been on T for over a decade. He is sick of JMs shit and I have permission to share. It never made him tired. The classic changes occured in that his voice changed, he got extra hair and bigger muscles. His facial features changed and he looks like his dad's double now whereas previously he was more like his mum in looks. But he also experiences mood swings and hot flushes especially in the days just before his next injection is due. His skin in the injection site is really tough now and the nurse has to rotate sites.

I think Jack was lying as usual.
Babe, same. He was always our mothers daughter and is definitely now our fathers son! Pictures of our Dad at the same age are unbelievably similar. It borders on creepy, actually 🥴 I’m in STEM, so I have some understanding of how it works, but still, it’s been mind blowing to watch in real time.

Has she announced she’s running for PM yet?

Teen and I were discussing it earlier; she asked who I thought would run if we had a system like America, where pretty much anyone can have a crack at it (and sometimes, they fucking win 🤮).

Jack was the first one that popped into my head. She would run, and she would win, because of the frothing middle classes that support her.

I’m not going to sleep well tonight with that thought rattling around my head, am I?

• Sick
Reactions: 12