Jack Monroe #336 Her writing style makes me wish I’d never learnt to read

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I forgot to quote but I’m still laughing at the frau who misheard rambling for gambling.
I keep imagining you saying ‘you need to be careful, I’ve heard of people lose their houses and jobs when it becomes a real addiction’
And the other person just like ‘??? They’re going for a walk’
“My name is Lenny and I’m a rambler”

#ramblersanonymous

• Haha
Reactions: 57
So she was up past 2am on Twitter still? Mirtazapine ay? 🤔
The only reason I was up at 2am on mirtazapine was to raid the fridge before crashing out again. I did nothing but eat and sleep on that. I was a chubby zombie.

She is, as per rialto usual, full of shite.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 55

#ramblersanonymous
I started off with small paths by grassy verges, but the lure of knee-high woollen socks and the feel of a paper map between my fingers proved to much. Now I can’t go a weekend without finding a coastal pathway. It’s taken over my life.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 73
The only reason I was up at 2am on mirtazapine was to raid the fridge before crashing out again. I did nothing but eat and sleep on that. I was a chubby zombie.

She is, as per rialto usual, full of shite.
Babe, same. Eating stuff straight out of the packets whilst half asleep. Glorious 🥴

I reckon if she IS on what she says she is, she takes them all at totally inappropriate times and is too thick to figure out how to manage her meds properly.

I’m on quite the cocktail; they have to be taken at very specific times in order for me to stay in an actual routine and for them to work properly.

• Heart
Reactions: 27
I'm 50 and I've been to Nandos twice. Both times with my son. Both times it was quite lively 😂. I'm a bit deaf in my right ear so I had no clue what was going on 😂. I can't go to Subway for the same reason. There are many questions which I can't hear or understand 😂. I've tried but just look 😬 at the serving staff.
I’ve been once, didn’t get it. Decidedly average, wouldn’t go again

I must be behind on my street lingo, never heard ❄ referred to as Day Nurse before.

Jonathan Pie is a fictional news reporter played by a comedian, he was popular during the Brexit campaign initially. The incident Jack is referring to was a speech he made at Cambridge student Union (my friend was at uni there at the time so I remember it pretty well) the general gist of it is that the character is a crappy pervy person, so kept accidentally referring to himself as a sexual predator. Quite a lot of the audience were offended and upset by it, five odd years ago when it happened. Finger on the pulse Jack at it again 🕵🏻 I don’t really have a strong opinion on him myself, but it pisses me off when people like Jack throw around such out of context and vague accusations. She has a big following and should be more concise with her slagging off tweets, she’s not a teenager on her personal Facebook.
Not sure about the Jimmy Carr thing.
She probably loves Jimmy, tax dodger 🙄

• Wow
Reactions: 15
On a permagrunk and I know we can’t have swears but this would be an AMAZING thread title.
Can always substitute for ‘firkling’ to make it tattle friendly.

So she was up past 2am on Twitter still? Mirtazapine ay? 🤔
No need to go to bed early when your days involve getting up late and planting your Mediterranean arse in a hammock.

• Haha
Reactions: 21
I started off with small paths by grassy verges, but the lure of knee-high woollen socks and the feel of a paper map between my fingers proved to much. Now I can’t go a weekend without finding a coastal pathway. It’s taken over my life.
I really hope this is true 🙏 and that you’re loving the rambling life.

• Haha
Reactions: 22
Can always substitute for ‘firkling’ to make it tattle friendly.

No need to go to bed early when your days involve getting up late and planting your Mediterranean arse in a hammock.
It’s not as though she’s responsible for children or animals 🙄

• Sad
Reactions: 22
Festival Jack.

And, er, Jimmy's Farm, 2016.
View attachment 1400578
Did she pose in front of that ARMS sign on purpose?
(I'll let myself out 😁)

Morning ninnies.

Morning "horrendously" unwell Jack. You fleetingly, softly crossed my mind this morning when the local news showed a guy - who almost died due to his alcoholism - travelling the length of Britain IN HIS WHEELCHAIR to raise money for charity. THAT is making a difference. I wonder if he'll wake up each morning of his journey moaning that he's horrendously tired or horrendously in pain? No, he won't, because people who are REALLY suffering tend not to go down the self-pitying route! Makes me think you're just looking for pity and attention...:mad::poop:
God that tweet of hers has wound me up! Who is she announcing it to? (Sorry, that should say, to whom, etc, but I'm grouchy after reading it so frankly right now I don't give a :poop:.) Who is she apologising to, for not being present due to being horrendously ill? Was she due to actually do some "work"?
Stay in bed, put your phone down, and shut the duck up if you're so ill!!!!!!😠

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 41
Johnson didn’t cheat on his wife while she was undergoing cancer treatment. They were separated and he was already living with Carrie Antoinette.
You’d think a trained reporter and famously forensic political commentator would check her facts rather than just trotting out Twitters version of the truth.
She’s lucky she hasnt been sued
That’s probably defamation isn’t it? 😉

I'm not sure you can be mildly hubristic. Or have mild hubris. By the very definition of the word 🤔.
I’m very glad that someone else is pedantic enough to have said this! 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 30

#ramblersanonymous
I’m concerned about my mum. In the last few years it’s become apparent she’s developed a rambling problem, she’s at almost every weekend and sometimes during the week when there’s no group rambling going on she gets together with her friend Joan for a quick ramble. She’s even off to France for a rambling holiday in September!

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 63
I’m concerned about my mum. In the last few years it’s become apparent she’s developed a rambling problem, she’s at almost every weekend and sometimes during the week when there’s no group rambling going on she gets together with her friend Joan for a quick ramble. She’s even off to France for a rambling holiday in September!
Send helicopteros

• Haha
Reactions: 23
Just want to pop up and say, Jonathan Pie is a character, like Alan Partridgeis a character, deliberately controversial as part of that character. As for the RT and Jimmy Carr, (revolting individual IMO) Google is your friend.
Gonna pop down again now.

• Heart
Reactions: 30
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.