Jack Monroe #333 Bootsnack crook

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Her lingering honk brings all the boys in scrubs to the chard and they're like, do I smell lard? Damn right, you do smell lard I could teach you but I have to charge 💃

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 115
If Jack still drank alcohol would she enjoy a glass of Chardonnay?
duck me sideways, poor Bob ended up in Monroeville 😁

Shame he didn't make it to Monroe, Georgia, which will someday be the site of a grand Cable meetup. @Jack_M will be in Tbilisi wondering where the rest of us are.

(Yes, it's real! https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monroe,_Georgia )

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 41
So children, what have we learned today.

Despite it being her job, she cannot write.

Despite it being her job, she cannot cook
Despite it being her job she cannot present.

Some ghastly beast has eaten the chard that outlived its natural life by six years.

She apologised for being ghastly to a well meaning squig because they told her that there were such things as charity shops in which you could donate ( for no profit) your unwanted items.

she's expecting to make enough for a house deposit from a few tatty rags she bought on various whims.

anything else children?!

• Haha
Reactions: 44
I think I’ve spotted, them all 7 definitely last one possibly
I've only found seven. :( Does this mean the 8th pumble is loose and roaming about? Is it eating the chard? If I find the last one, I request a copy of Jack's upcoming cookery book, Charred But Not Chard. Thank you very Matt much Matt. 🥰

Update: I found Pumble 8! Southend Canal is safe.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 46
She didn’t get her 1 year chip did she? Otherwise we’d have seen photos surely. Has someone in her group spotted her Twitter activity and her low alcohol drinking and grassed her up perhaps?

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 39
I'm singing 'it wasn't chard' to the tune of Shaggy's 'it wasn't me' and I blame every single one of you
That's fairly sane, the word 'Pumble' keeps being whispered in my brain at inopportune moments - even weirder when you consider I've never heard it spoken in real life :oops:

• Haha
Reactions: 24
That's fairly sane, the word 'Pumble' keeps being whispered in my brain at inopportune moments - even weirder when you consider I've never heard it spoken in real life :oops:
I accidentally called my dog Pumble the other day. His name does begin with P but otherwise isn’t similar, fortunately no one heard me.

• Haha
Reactions: 38
Language student: "But I don't understand, what gender is a pumble? Does a pumble take he or she pronouns?"
Language teacher: *terrified eyes* "not important. just remember that if you see a pumble, call the pumble sir"

BUT - what everybody has forgotten is that, in line with the first true monster story in English, is that there is something even scarier in the background.

The Pumble Mōdor.

And there is no noble Thegn Beowulf to save us all. Just the GnĂŚttScitanhwelp of Sudchercha, armed with her trusty sword Hnnnnnnggggghhhhhhhhh.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 36
BUT - what everybody has forgotten is that, in line with the first true monster story in English, is that there is something even scarier in the background.

The Pumble Mōdor.

And there is no noble Thegn Beowulf to save us all. Just the GnĂŚttScitanhwelp of Sudchercha, armed with her trusty sword Hnnnnnnggggghhhhhhhhh.
And people have the nerve to say that degrees in English Literature are no longer relevant 🤷‍♀️

• Haha
Reactions: 53
Late to the party, but couldn't let the great Kate Bush go without a mention.

Ooh, he's here again
The man with the chard in his eyes

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 83
And people have the nerve to say that degrees in English Literature are no longer relevant 🤷‍♀️
Shocking, isn't it? Who wouldn't want to be able to say Gnat(sized)ShittingPup of Southend?

I first read about Beowulf when I was about 7 in the Usborne Book of Monsters, Ghosts and UFOs because I was a very strange child who loved that sort of thing. Old Shuck scared the Bejesus out of me, but Grendel? Brilliant. And since being an adult and having to live in a truly crappy flat for years, I completely sympathise with his need to murderise the noisy bastard Danes after his next door neighbour Hrothgar had yet another sodding party.

I wonder whether we could use Like a Scitanhwelp in a thread title?

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 29
Off to Pride later, sure I'll see Jackie no. 14 there doing here bit for the community.....

Also, quick question. *If* someone were to find the vinted account is it against the rules to share it.....

One description mentions Countryfile.....

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 55
I think she’s being magnanimous because he’s actually attributed better intentions to her than she had. Squig says “I now see that she was perhaps looking for ideas to generate cash for those needing to.” Sorry what? No she wasn’t. She was looking for cash for herself. Why do these people enable her SO much?
I hate the grovelling apologies squigs feel like they have to give, they're always so self deprecating, when her and her FMs don't even deserve an apology.

Offering up pumble-chavvie, small pumble in Gypsy parlance...

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 34
Off to Pride later, sure I'll see Jackie no. 14 there doing here bit for the community.....

Also, quick question. *If* someone were to find the vinted account is it against the rules to share it.....

One description mentions Countryfile.....
Well... it's a deeply unsurprising user_name.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 37
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.