Jack Monroe #333 Bootsnack crook

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Unfortunately, and like every other civil service department, HMRC staff numbers have been dramatically reduced over the last decade. The UK tax system is entirely predicated on “process now / check later” and it is VERY difficult to track people who don’t engage.
As a whole I think that we’re far too lenient as a country. If you don’t file and pay your taxes in the US you get sent to prison!
There has been a lot of talk over the last few years about lazy civil servants who should get a real job, but we wouldn’t need so many if people took responsibility for certain aspects of their life!
Anyway I think that the accountant will be steeling himself for a trying day with Jack and her lever arch files!

• Heart
Reactions: 28
She is trying to make him feel guilty and responsible for her. I think it worked with LJC to a certain degree. It’s quite common with narcs making you feel like they are vulnerable and can’t cope without you so they can hoover you back in.
Well if this is the case, hopefully he isn't reading her Twitter and blocks all contact after collecting his stuff tomorrow.

Reactions: 17
If he was going to go back he would have done so by now.

I think he is just showing concern. If he thought she needed a Dr before he's definately going to have concerns now.

He absolutely did the right thing. If the realationships wasn't working it's good he cut it off when he did, before anything got too serious and resentment started to build up. I get she is heartbroken and that is truly sad, but she will get over it.

Reactions: 30
Mirtazapine is bloody strong. I was on it and just wanted to sleep all the time. Gained weight like crazy too. I honestly don’t know how people function on it as I felt I just existed from nap to nap.

I know it can sometimes be prescribed alongside other drugs for someone having trouble sleeping. I wonder if the sertraline was making her bounce off the walls so they gave her the Mirtazapine. But then what about the ADHD meds? I hope she’s not doctor shopping or seeing a private and an NHS doctor, as that sort of combo sounds dangerous.
That's why I don't understand why Jack can stay up all hours on Twitter. Mirtazapine definitely makes most people hungry but my An has been around for so long I struggle to recognize hunger signs. It makes me so sleepy but still feel tired after sleeping

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 31
That's why I don't understand why Jack can stay up all hours on Twitter. Mirtazipan definitely makes most people hungry but my An has been around for so long I struggle to recognize hunger signs. It makes me so sleepy but still feel tired after sleeping
Um I wonder how Jack manages to stay awake most of the night, it is truly a mystery. ;)

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 41
Does anyone want to start a new thread? If not I’ll do it, but there’s no way I can attempt a recap 😬

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 24
Why is Jack offering up recipes that require an absolute ton of butter, when we all know that butter is currently more expensive than liquid gold?
Was butter on the perfomative shop? Can’t find the receipt. Chicken soup for the soul and stained bedsheets Jack is back!

• Haha
Reactions: 23
I wonder whether Harold is going round on Monday to drop off her AA 1 year token? I don’t get the impression he was staying at hers very often during their relationship so wouldn’t have had stuff at the house - it felt more like they were just dating, and somebody she had met through AA.
Alternatively maybe she had met him on Tinder, and that’s why she made such a show about being back on there.

• Heart
Reactions: 23
I wonder whether Harold is going round on Monday to drop off her AA 1 year token? I don’t get the impression he was staying at hers very often during their relationship so wouldn’t have had stuff at the house - it felt more like they were just dating, and somebody she had met through AA.
Alternatively maybe she had met him on Tinder, and that’s why she made such a show about being back on there.
Let's hope he's also dropping off a restraining order.

• Haha
Reactions: 46
Using her fave made up word or "irregardless" of anything she really needs to develop a sensible routine and a healthier lifestyle.

Eating in bed it's not it, unless she is bedbound which she is not,

Staying up to all hours on the regular to chat tit on sm, is not it. Even if she's awake she should read a book, listen to audiobooks, podcasts, learn to make herself a better version of herself and deal with life's troubles.

Reactions: 28
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.