Jack Monroe #332 A doctor, a teacher and a ceramicist walk into a bar

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
What in the Willy Wonka is she wearing?!
I'm currently grunking and all your comments have my imagination running wild. Is she wearing a preposterous cloak, a slop dress, a shredded wheat jumper or dare I say it, a giant poo bag?

Keeping my fingers crossed for a video on here.

• Haha
Reactions: 34
Also, in the nicest way possible, what on earth could Jack say about sobriety that's not been said before (and better) by other people?

Obsessed with that book! I first read it after I read JK's Into the Wild (highly recommend that too if you've not read it) and it's on rotation regularly. Have you seen any of the new TV series? I've been trying to find out how to watch it because I don't have Hulu.
Ooh I’ll check ITW out. Thank you. Is it harrowing?

I so want to watch UTBOH especially because it has my main squeeze Andrew in it, but I haven’t been able to figure out how to 😖

Reactions: 13
Am now kicking myself that I didn’t suggest The Cook, The Thief, Her Wife and A Ceramicist as the thread title

#culturalreference

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 78
This is irony, si? A life beyond her wildest dreams? :unsure: That's not how I've been interpreting her tweets over the past few weeks. Surely her dreams include a forever house/stable increased income/another child/long term lover? I am most perplexed, ninnies!

I'm just going to lay on my chais lounge (said with a Del Boy accent, of course) for an hour or two to contemplate what she means. Or perhaps I'll have a nap. Probably the latter. :)

PS Slightly OT but Jackie magazine around 1970-ish for the conditioner/shaving tip, too! Although, personally, I liked those sandpaper-style pads that we used in a circular motion to remove our leg hair. Sounds ridiculous, but it really did work and was an excellent exfoliator (a Woollies favourite of mine, along with a bottle of Anne French Cleansing Milk!). Ah, those were the days! :LOL:
You can get them in superdrug (lol), my mam got me a few packs last Christmas and they work pretty well. Might be more economical than shaving as they last a while, and maybe more environmentally friendly too as they aren't plastic?
She gets me a hair removal product most years, I only get rid of leg hair during the summer (if even) and she hates it lol

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 26
I mean, they were absolute tit bloody tips, from someone who couldn't be bothered looking up hints online.

Buy own brand and do something potentially harming to your washing machine, great Jack :rolleyes:

Even something like, "Before you throw out tubes, cut them open as there is always a few days of product left behind," is a better idea, and doesn't rely on offensive stereotypes like poor people are dirty, filthy and greasy.
As a former genunely hard-up person - I do have a tip which works and it's this:
Halve all cleaning products - break dishwasher tablets in half, use half the "recommended" amount of laundry detergent and conditioner.
Shampoo is a perfectly good body wash, but body wash is crap on your hair. So if it's a choice, always buy cheap but nice smelling shampoo and use it all over. Don't use it in the washing machine (Jack you're an idiot), but it's fine for a bit of handwashing.

• Heart
Reactions: 81
Lads, send medicos, im gonna say this and it hurts me, but I think she looks good in this photo…I’ll caveat that with probs cos it’s a screen grab off a screen AND she’s got tons of makeup on, but she’s defo a 5/10 when she’s normally a -3//10
View attachment 1380265
The roll-neck looks exactly the same colour as her skin. She looks as if she has a retracted foreskin there.

• Haha
Reactions: 63
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.