Jack Monroe #332 A doctor, a teacher and a ceramicist walk into a bar

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I missed the slot as I had to actually interact on my teams call. I feel Jack is really starting to look like that women from Eastenders, you know the Mitchell sister that went wayward.
ETA Danielle Westbrook. I don’t mean anything untoward but it’s the shape of the lips and nose. Essentially the bottom half of her face.
I’m glad you said this as that crossed my mind earlier…

Reactions: 19
If she was doing it as a paid partnership for Superdrug why not mention the loyalty card as you can get points to spend later or towards something? I know you need to spend a lot to get anything back but at least it makes more sense than putting shampoo in the washing machine

Reactions: 47
I just watched it again, she says people should buy the cheap shampoo but if you don't like it you can just swap back to your usual brand in your next shop. Jack, that's not how poverty works, you should know that because the price of jam went up 4p and you couldn't stretch your budget to afford it. If you are skint you use the whole bottle, you don't waste it.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 82
Jack does use shampoo in her washing machine. Luckily it hasn't broken yet, she only uses it twice a year 🥰

• Haha
Reactions: 38
someone with as much savvy as Jack would know how to present themselves. To me this reeks of a lingering honk of performance to further her blogging.
acknowledging she was unkempt with dirty hair adds nothing to the story if it were true. Nobody who was so down on their luck that they were physically dirty would mention this fact when talking about their lack of success in finding employment.
with parents and friends nearby it seems strange that she couldn’t go to one of their houses for a freshen up before going to look for work.
I’m sorry but I don’t believe a word of it. I think it is all fantasy for the blog.
I went to my mum's once with greasy hair, she asked me what was wrong. That's how families work. If Jack was honking (let's pretend that's unusual), her parents would have been concerned

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 44
I can’t bring myself to watch, but it seems she also missed an opportunity to mention that good old soap does away with single-use plastics and is therefore better from an environment and climate perspective.

On that note any recommendations for good ones?

• Heart
Reactions: 51
A luvvie on her twitter page telling her she smashed it on Lorraine and that she's fcking awesome. 🙄
And this is why Jack will never get better while she has this echo chamber of sycophants pandering to her ego (and sending her cashos)

Reactions: 28
The more I think about those 'tips' the more incensed I get.

Honestly, is that the best she can do? Is that the best a huge retailer with an actual marketing dept can do? Switch from expensive brand to cheaper brand? It is supposed be a 'shop smart campaign' not two pathetic tips delivered by a quivering spokesperson who can't even remember the key messages without referring to her notes. Google "superdrug shop smart campaign" and all you get is links to the press release. where are the actual bleeping tips? The shareable infographics for social media, the list of this weeks cheapest buys, the leaflets on the best hygiene products to donate to food banks etc etc?

On closer inspection I found this "Superdrug is pushing its value credentials in a new partnership with...Jack Monroe." -so that's it really - paying Jack to say "Superdrug's great, buy from them not Boots" end of. Pathetic.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 77
Superdrugs own range is cruelty free and affordable but tbh the best thing you can do is go to Aldi/Lidl or even B&M/Home Bargains for toiletries.

• Heart
Reactions: 59
Jack does use shampoo in her washing machine. Luckily it hasn't broken yet, she only uses it twice a year 🥰
Just buy so many clothes you never have to wash the dirty ones. I mean, even after selling ‘everything’ a couple of times, she had several binbags worth of clothes that she was going to sell online. I’m guessing they didn’t get a run through the machine before being bagged up and forgotten about.

• Haha
Reactions: 41
Reminds me of the time someone in the bar I worked in accidentally put some liquid detergent in the glass washer. It was like a foam party sorting that out.

Someone said above about using bars of soap instead and this is a much better idea, I’ve washed my hair with it before, it’s not ideal but does the job. Also shampoo wouldn’t be great for washing unruly labia!
Absolutely yes to soap! I swapped to bars of soap and they last so much longer. Less plastic waste and better on my skin than most bottled hand washes. Why is she making up nonsense about shampoo in washing machines when there are so many obvious money/eco/skin friendly alternatives? This has to be a joke now, surely? They're peddling her out for shits and giggles now, I'm certain.

Reactions: 47
If this was someone else suggesting people use shampoo in a washing machine to save money, you can bet Jack would have piled onto them with a “what about those who can’t afford a washing machine or the electricity to run one.” 🙄

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 51
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.