Jack Monroe #332 A doctor, a teacher and a ceramicist walk into a bar

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
This could have been a completely normal paid partnership of why don’t you try our cruelty free own brand ranges which are much cheaper than the main big brands. And that would have been useful for everyone.

• Heart
Reactions: 46
Did she say she went into Ratners Jewellers for a job? Didn’t Gerald Ratner say in the 90s the stuff they sold was crap and that basically sent them under? I can’t recall seeing a Ratners jewellers in decades. Please a Southend frau tell me there wasn’t a Ratners at the time of the Great PovertyTM in 2012. I would LOVE IT, if this lie could be disproved because there wasn’t a shop 🤣🤣🤣
There was a Ratners in Southend I’m 99% certain.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 13
I went to my mum's once with greasy hair, she asked me what was wrong. That's how families work. If Jack was honking (let's pretend that's unusual), her parents would have been concerned
Your family are nicer than mine. When I was younger and had greasy hair my family called me Gizmo, the greasy haired lad out of Brookside 😏

CC94FCAD-0473-486C-BC2D-08384E84A127.jpeg

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 59
I thought Jack didn’t wash her hair anyway. Or was that last year?

Lip filler is awful. I’ve rarely seen it look good on anyone.

Reactions: 31
I really like the Eco Warrior and Earthkind shampoo bars, which also seem to be the ones most likely on offer. I also like Dr Shea's African black soap which we get from Asda's and you can use that for everything (probably best not in the washing machine). I must admit I don't know how these workout price wise compared to the bottles.

• Heart
Reactions: 31
:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Just watched it on my lunch break, holy duck fraus!!!! She was looking coked up af! The nose swipe, the sniffing, that bleeping death stare holding back tears. Bravo Jack.

Also, she said save money by just using shampoo for everything, but then suggested people buy shampoo, conditioner, shower gel and a razor, all the things (bar razor) she said the shampoo could replace. Lorraine wasn't buying her bullshit nor honk.

(Shampoo is a good fix for shaving gel, but wouldn't recommend washing yourself with it. Body wash/soap is so much cheaper! Jack ya idiot)

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 38
Lads, send medicos, im gonna say this and it hurts me, but I think she looks good in this photo…I’ll caveat that with probs cos it’s a screen grab off a screen AND she’s got tons of makeup on, but she’s defo a 5/10 when she’s normally a -3//10
232B492A-9601-4F4E-BB07-16025D5F6629.jpeg

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 32
I don't think that's likely after (the equally awful) Sali Hughes liked a shady tweet indirectly talking about jack.
Ah, thank~space~you, I think I need to do some ~forensic~ research as I'm ignorant to this 😁 - see, I definitely learn something new every day in here!😘

Reactions: 13
I have never been asked to shill for anyone but if Superdrug had picked me instead of Jack. I would simply have gone to the Superdrug website and identified some bargains to highlight, whilst telling people to use bars of soap instead of liquid soap. Not terribly exciting but surely better than encouraging people to break their washing machines.

• Heart
Reactions: 67
Why is she still wearing the "Etsy dupe" (🥴) Tiffany earrings Harold bought her? If an OH bought me something and then LEFT/ripped my heart out I certainly wouldn't still be wearing it.

Unless Harold didn't buy them after all...

Can't even bring myself to comment on the "tips" because you've all said what I was thinking. She really is the worst brand ambassador in existence, yet somehow still keeps getting these gigs. Rosemary, I'd set up a meeting to renegotiate your fees because whatever she's paying you isn't enough hun x

• Heart
Reactions: 50
There was a Ratners in Southend I’m 99% certain.
I’ve just phoned my Nan who has a ridiculous memory of every shop that’s ever been around the High Street since the 50’s. She said there was one nearish Woolies but it closed a looooong time ago. I can’t picture it at all! Jack didn’t say it was Ratners though so it’s a moo point

• Haha
Reactions: 45
You didn't miss much, thankfully it was over fairly quickly! 😁

Has she ever tweeted about Beautybanks? Seeing as it's been around for ages, she should have tweeted it repeatedly, if she really wanted to help people.:rolleyes:
She should collaborate with beauty bank campaigners Sali Hughes and Caroline Hirons, I hear they're both equally as delightful as Jack.
jamie-oliver.gif

• Haha
Reactions: 42
I can’t bring myself to watch, but it seems she also missed an opportunity to mention that good old soap does away with single-use plastics and is therefore better from an environment and climate perspective.

On that note any recommendations for good ones?
My OH swears by the ones from Lush. I think they’re about 7 or 8 quid but he gets about 6 weeks out of them. Recommend you buy a little metal tin for them as otherwise they dissolve.

• Heart
Reactions: 30
Why is she still wearing the "Etsy dupe" (🥴) Tiffany earrings Harold bought her? If an OH bought me something and then LEFT/ripped my heart out I certainly wouldn't still be wearing it.

Unless Harold didn't buy them after all...

Can't even bring myself to comment on the "tips" because you've all said what I was thinking. She really is the worst brand ambassador in existence, yet somehow still keeps getting these gigs. Rosemary, I'd set up a meeting to renegotiate your fees because whatever she's paying you isn't enough hun x
Harold didn't buy those earrings and I'm not convinced he was the whisker for the mini breaks but the increasingly alarmed whiskee.

• Haha
Reactions: 65
Using a soap bar, for your hands, body, face and (if male) hair, is such a good and relevant money and environment saving tip that she should literally never be allowed back on any telly at all for not saying it.

Reactions: 49
As someone with eczema, I have to be choosy about the shower gel etc that I use so would be reluctant to use shampoo!
My mum has an eco ball type thing that she uses instead of washing detergent. Better for the environment and seems to be cheaper.
My voice will shake like Jack’s when I don’t have any confidence in what I am saying. She must be worried that she will be challenged or found out!

• Haha
Reactions: 38
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.