Jack Monroe #332 A doctor, a teacher and a ceramicist walk into a bar

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Such a middle class view of hygiene poverty. Imagine telling people it's OK not to buy branded products to keep clean. I'm astounded by it. Also, never use shampoo in your washing machine, it's much cheaper in the long run to use actual laundry detergent because you aren't shortening the life of your machine

• Heart
Reactions: 76
Well how bleeping pointless was that?! Totally worth traveling to London for 😂 In case anyone is tempted, don't put shampoo in your washing machine. I like how she gave a warning not to do it too often in case you mess up your machine, hardly saving money if you duck up your washing machine is it? 🤦

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 76
Buy store brand instead of branded. Genius.
It grinds my gears the people struggling are ALREADY DOING THIS FFS it shows how distant she is from reality

There is a certain privilege in down shifting to own brand what if you’re already on the value brand

these segments help no one

FFS Jack use your large audience to promote how you can access / donate to hygiene beauty food banks

how to check you are receiving all you’re entitled to

• Heart
Reactions: 63
Is. That. It?

That's bleeping it, isn't it?
How stupid do they think people in the real world actually are? That was the equivalent of telling someone to cut down on food costs by just buying a big bag of potatoes 🤷‍♀️

You know nothing Jack Snow:mad:

• Haha
Reactions: 62
Did anyone get photos of her for the hemispherically challenged?
Never mind, I've seen enough

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 46
got back in towards the end

it seems the gist of the whole thing was "save money by buying shampoo"

thanks jack!

• Haha
Reactions: 45
Here’s a shampoo money saving hack - lie about your hair falling out to guilt trip she WHO LEFT.

• Sad
  • Haha
Reactions: 41
Is. That. It?

That's bleeping it, isn't it?
How stupid do they think people in the real world actually are? That was the equivalent of telling someone to cut down on food costs by just buying a big bag of potatoes 🤷‍♀️

You know nothing Jack Snow:mad:
TOO EARLY.

Please repeat this later in the thread.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 33
I didn’t watch. Couldn’t be fucked tbh.
but I wonder if Lorraine didn’t mention her at the top of the show because she mightn’t have turned up?

• Haha
Reactions: 46
As someone has pointed out on Twitter - why didn't she follow her own brilliant tips when she went for the job interview at the jewellers?

• Haha
Reactions: 59
Well that was very helpful. Thanks to all that advice I will no longer be running around like a big stinking greasy-haired mess. So if you can't afford branded products, buy shops own stuff and you'll save a £ or two. Who knew!

Lol @ Lorraine Kelly putting on a really interested face. 😁

• Haha
Reactions: 40
I didn’t watch. Couldn’t be fucked tbh.
but I wonder if Lorraine didn’t mention her at the top of the show because she mightn’t have turned up?
It really wasn't worth the watch. Yet again an uncomfortable watch where you learn zero tips for saving on your shopping. But you get to hear how Jack once went into a shop to hand in a CV and she had grimy skin, grubby clothes and greasy hair, because to be truly poor you have to be dirty too?!

• Angry
  • Sick
Reactions: 50
I know I'm interrupting Lorraine but I've got covid (not very ill, just grumpy about being stuck at home for five days) and I feel like seeing the progression of the Louisa glow up might cheer me up - does anyone know which thread it is where she LEAVES?

• Heart
Reactions: 29
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.