Jack Monroe #331 Safe word - pumble

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
F60.3
Emotionally unstable personality disorder
Personality disorder characterized by a definite tendency to act impulsively and without consideration of the consequences; the mood is unpredictable and capricious. There is a liability to outbursts of emotion and an incapacity to control the behavioural explosions. There is a tendency to quarrelsome behaviour and to conflicts with others, especially when impulsive acts are thwarted or censored. Two types may be distinguished: the impulsive type, characterized predominantly by emotional instability and lack of impulse control, and the borderline type, characterized in addition by disturbances in self-image, aims, and internal preferences, by chronic feelings of emptiness, by intense and unstable interpersonal relationships, and by a tendency to self-destructive behaviour, including suicide gestures and attempts.
Or having a beer or saink.

Reactions: 8
Trigger warning - domestic violence & coercive control

But this is the whole point right? Like the reason coercive control has been recognised as a form of domestic violence/spousal abuse is because it doesn’t present in the traditional ways we’re used to seeing DV talked about eg physical violence or financial abuse. It’s a really irresponsible message to be spreading and is victim blame-y to suggest she just knows how to dodge the abusers. The whole point is no one knows to dodge them because they’re very manipulative people!

Poss doesn’t apply when you *are* the abuser tho.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 74
On June 21st she posted that she was 358 days sober. According to my rusty sums today should be 1 year. Why isn't she shouting it from the rooftops? Or at least tweeting about it over and over...
She will, when she’s caught up here

• Haha
Reactions: 35
I’m on a mega grunk as it appears I definitely chose the wrong day to be busy but posting from the past to say…

duck. Me. 😳

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 68
I hope that Harold's entire family block her on Twitter, so she can stop the performative tweeting to win him back and just go and pretend to bump into him outside the hat shop like a normal desperate dumpee.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 67
Sorry this’ll sound ghastly but do quality candidates on tinder tend to push for dates so soon? Surely it’s only the ppl with nothing better to do/no one better to see that would have immediate availability and be good for it? 😬😬😬😬

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 60
Trying to watch Sherwood and catch-up but could her ceramicist be Jonny Vegas and it’s her who will be starfucking🤣🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 31
Sorry this’ll sound ghastly but do quality candidates on tinder tend to push for dates so soon? Surely it’s only the ppl with nothing better to do/no one better to see that would have immediate availability and be good for it? 😬😬😬😬
In my experience you usually get a good few days of "how are you?" "fine and you?" "at work 😖" "cheer up it's friday tomorrow!" before things progress.

Not Jack -

"Hi I am a famous writer and I work a 120-hour week. But I'm free tomorrow at lunchtime if you fancy a revenge shag. I can do today if you let me film it and 'accidentally' send it to my ex."

• Haha
Reactions: 95
ah but she hasn’t actually shagged around yet has she. Just tweeted about it. Like her activism, it’s all performative so far, designed to get her attention (and to piss of Harold. “You said I needed help, but screw you, all these men find me desirable!”
She’s no prude, she has mentioned flings with men before, she talked a lot about sex and “wanking” during her trans era, and her ex friends on here both mentioned her perpetual stream of short-term relationships, most of which were not public. I do think she’s ok with casual sex and is the type to jump into bed too quickly and make the relationship go too fast.

She’s just usually remarkably sensible about about not broadcasting her sex life. Today marks the end of the last fragment of sensible behaviour she had left.

• Sad
  • Haha
Reactions: 47
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.