Jack Monroe #33 Jack’s back on twitter, what a surprise. We roll our eyes

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
🙋 if she is in so much Pain then why does she not go and lie down. Venting is not going to take the pain away. I have a broken toe and I am not banging on about it. I am just taking pain meds and getting on with my life. No one can do anything to help it, so why moan!!

• Heart
Reactions: 22
I wish a friend would take her aside, let her air the things that are getting to her: the break up, troubles meeting the work commitments, difficulty knowing what she should be doing next (probable adhd issue), and maybe accompany her to a GP appointment to get her meds tweaked so she's not so up, down and needy all the time.

It's kind of horrible to watch and I feel bad for the people who get slapped down on Twitter as I know some people would take that badly to heart.

It's just an absolute quagmire and no one seems to genuinely want to help.

I really worry there could be a bad outcome if this slide continues.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 31
I discovered these threads yesterday and I’ve been trying to get through everything but with two kids under three, it’s proving impossible 🤯
Which ones are an absolute must-read?
Thread 31. The Wednesday part. 10:37am onwards.

• Haha
Reactions: 23
She honestly needs to step away from social media. Delete her Twitter account. Actually leave and not use the excuse that her DMs need to be open to help those in need :rolleyes: or that she needs to be on there for work. duck work. DKL and Hellman’s has been a fail and on the back of those I’d be surprised if there’s any more TV work in the pipeline. She needs to focus on herself and her mental health because it’s uncomfortable to witness her tweet/delete/repeat sessions. She needs to stop getting validation from internet strangers and the echo chamber that is her Twitter fans.

• Heart
Reactions: 28
You have all made my lockdown so much better even though I’ve only been here mere minutes. But I’ve been observing for a long time. I remember the days of BF my son in the night seeing her tweets and thinking ‘gosh, she’s a bit Walter Mitty isn’t she’ and then feeling sorry for her/glad she’d met Louisa (refuse to call her Mrs J) and turned things round. Even bought tin can cook.

There is still a part of me that hopes she gets better because I’m a mother and I’ve had a breakdown too and empathise. But I don’t duck around with my mental health and the mental health of others (by way of clearly virtue signalling, navel gazing, triggering others and being an all round shitstain to others) and deny all knowledge/plead ignorance.

It’s her little boy I feel most sorry for and hope to god his dad is stable as duck.
I don't think that there is any reason to doubt the health or well-being of SB and I really don't like him being dragged into this. He has a good dad, probably two sets of nice grandparents and it's really none of our business. Please don't turn this into a Mrs. Hinch thread.

Reactions: 14
Delurking after many many weeks of enjoying these threads. Teen sons caught me scrolling past the Twitter photos. Their completely unprompted verdicts;
Chicken Porridge: ‘disgustang’
Make up: ‘that looks wierd’.

• Haha
Reactions: 29
Part of thinks - id worry that one day, news would break that she harmed herself. But then another part of me thinks - thats what she wants people to think, and worry about.

• Sad
Reactions: 31
Had a nap and when I woke up there were 7 more pages and she had Facetuned herself to within an inch of her life again. Those massive pixelated marks where she’s used the blur tool 🙈 I find it amusing but also feel guilty because it’s sad to watch someone unravel in real time, so publicly.

Reactions: 26
a doctor told you to put lipstick on?!? Surely this is possibly the worst thing to do? I suffer with grinding teeth and in particular bad spells can chew inside of cheeks or lips -( not down to nerve of course) When I first did I went to GP who told me To gargle salt water and To put Vaseline only as it acts as a barrier and avoid make up etc Obviously that just what my GP said before I get accused of gas lighting someone!! I also once burnt my lips being a greedy little piggy too impatient for my pasta to cook and managed to flick boiling pasta water onto my lips and it was bloody painful, the last thing I would of stuck on my lips would of been red lipstick.
I’m cringing at how sore it will be to take that lipstick off 😩 I do feel sorry for her at this point but she’s not doing herself any favours!!

• Wow
Reactions: 10
I do exactly the same! In fact I have picked my bloody thumb so much lately my iphone doesnt recognise my thumbprint anymore 😫

OMG does that mean I have an ailment too??!?!?! I would take a photo of myself in my pants to celebrate but even my phone doesnt recognise me anymore :cry::cry::cry::cry:

**Insert sad little face here **
Yes!!! I use my forefinger now for print recognition on my iPad as it wouldn’t recognise my thumb anymore. My iPhone has face recognition though. FANCY!

Reactions: 8
😅 Fair enough! I’m sure she’s on ADHD meds though and they do NOT seem to be working, or if they are, side effects are mania? And if she is now on tramadol and all the other tit she mentioned at the moment, it’s not good.

Still think she needs rehab as she won’t be able to use her phone....
SO has ADHD and takes the meds. Can confirm that they can make you depressed and a bit manic, and paranoid. Essentially a comedown from say cocaine/any other amphetamine. But this generally only seems to be the case if you don’t actually *have* ADHD.

😐

People with ADHD find the meds really calm and quieten them down. People without who take them get buzzy and kind of focused at first but tend to tail off into paranoia, and a kind of depressed bluesy feeling.

Funny that... 🤔

Last edited:
Reactions: 28
SO has ADHD and takes the meds. Can confirm that they can make you depressed and a bit manic, and paranoid. Essentially a comedown from say cocaine/any other amphetamine. But this generally only seems to be the case if you don’t actually *have* ADHD.

😐

People with ADHD find the meds really calm and quieten them down. People without who take them get buzzy and kind of focused at first but tend to tail off into paranoia, and a kind of depressed bluesy feeling.

Funny that... 🤔
Comedowns are brutal

Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.