Jack Monroe #33 Jack’s back on twitter, what a surprise. We roll our eyes

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Jesus bleeping Christ, I wanted to stay away from here, I really really wanted to because I’m not the type to wrap a comment in cotton wool and I know, just by viewing her many, many, maaaaaany self indulgent tweets jack likes her criticism wrapped in cotton wool and tied with a safety lock.

This woman is EXHAUSTING, There is nothing else to add but she is exhausting, she is a dementor (ignore the JK Rowling link) sucking the actual happiness out of everything.

She can’t even tell a positive story about a fan giving her a compliment without adding a negative slant?
This is so incredibly sad I’m at a loss what to say.

“Glad you’re starting to feel better”
“I’m not really”
GOD FORBID SOMEONE MIGHT THINK A POSITIVE TWEET ESCAPED JACK’S FINGERS.

I have met some extremely negative people in my life, the type of people who radiate misery, but I have never seen an influencer put that misery on an audience of nearly 278k daily.
I would never, ever want to inflict that on my audience when I know I could have access to therapy.
This is so frustrating to watch, and to see so many strangers try and support her.

I feel extremely sorry for the “endearingly sheepish man” who probably walked away from that encounter feeling like he’d been punched in the gut with misery, and if by some miracle she was friendly and engaging and a a pleasure to speak to.
Why do her 278k followers not deserve that same treatment 😐

jack, if you’re still viewing this thread please, please for everyones sake and that of your business. Get help.
that’s not going to be found on twitter.

• Heart
Reactions: 58
There is no way she can keep track of use by dates either by taking them out of the strips into a box. Dangerous.
She certainly wasn't a pharmacy assistant when she worked in the pharmacy 😅 I bet she doesn't know the first thing about handling medication

Reactions: 16
I’m amazed her friends have the time to read these threads & report back in a group chat (basically, tit stir) but no one is willing to step up and manage her social media presence for her. A few tweets a day sharing some pics of breakfast / dinner / asking people what they’re having. Manage the lockdown hashtag whilst on the phone, mate says food type (frozen chip shop chips a priority x) Jack responds, mate scribes. Further proof they’re dickheads not mates.

Also thank you whoever shared Miguel’s aubergine recipe I’ve done it tonight and it’s possibly one of the best things I’ve ever eaten in my life, ever. It’ll become a weekly regular now! 🥰

• Heart
Reactions: 34
I’m amazed her friends have the time to read these threads & report back in a group chat (basically, tit stir) but no one is willing to step up and manage her social media presence for her. A few tweets a day sharing some pics of breakfast / dinner / asking people what they’re having. Manage the lockdown hashtag whilst on the phone, mate says food type (frozen chip shop chips a priority x) Jack responds, mate scribes. Further proof they’re dickheads not mates.

Also thank you whoever shared Miguel’s aubergine recipe I’ve done it tonight and it’s possibly one of the best things I’ve ever eaten in my life, ever. It’ll become a weekly regular now! 🥰
He is a total goon but I love him and what he does

Reactions: 8
I mean, it's glaringly obvious that she's proud of it. And that is really strange.

She reminds me of a family member who used to love attention, and when they would "take their medication" would line up a long row of pills, ans look to see who was watching. (No one). Most of the pills were things like paracetamol, a multivitamin or iron supplement, ibuprofen. But it weirdly fed into their enjoyment of being unwell.
Jack has munchauzens, I tell you

Reactions: 8
There’s a few of us from Southend on here. Probably because we all got suckered in by her in the beginning with her poverty story in the local paper.

Reactions: 18
duck's sake. Is this the first weekend she's ever had to spend on her own or something?

The throwaway mention of an increase in ADHD meds kind of makes sense. I reckon she's speeding off her nut whilst mixing it with the pharmaceutical equivalent of a fuckton of Es every day.

The weight loss, the not eating, the paranoia, the anger, the anxiety, the chewing, the scratching, everything. If somebody actually gave her a prescription for an increased dose and she isn't just doubling up on the things, they need to call her back in and tell her that the dose needs to go back down again.

It's bloody easy to doctor shop these days if you have the money for private (such as when you have a wealthy partner) and, thanks to the internet, you can get a nice list of things to say to get the diagnosis you want. And the corresponding medication. Especially if you don't mention other medication when you're at the private doctor. Being able to come across as a nice, article, middleclass person also helps.

There's going to be one hell of a comedown. Assuming she's not so overcooked that she ends up hospitalised or worse.

• Sad
Reactions: 21
I don't think that there is any reason to doubt the health or well-being of SB and I really don't like him being dragged into this. He has a good dad, probably two sets of nice grandparents and it's really none of our business. Please don't turn this into a Mrs. Hinch thread.
That’s a fair point well made. I wasn’t really doubting his well-being, it was more that he’d grow up seeing all the very public comments Jack has made. Which to be fair, has been referenced and agreed with in the past.

Reactions: 18

Caught up.

I wonder if the kitten thing will actually happen or if it will never be mentioned again.

I dont know why this hasn't occurred to me before now, but bear with me.

I have something called trichotillomania, which is compulsive hair pulling. It can get to the point you have no lashes, or obvious bald spots in your scalp. Or if you're like me, you might pull from from various areas and avoid that. (Familiar, anyone?) Often associated with it is dermotillomania, compulsive skin picking, which I do too. Loads of people do. It isn't
Yup. As a teen a pulled head hair to the point I had a bald patch and had to wear hair in a bun to make sure no wind made the patch visible. I assume it was due to anxiety. I have undiagnosed anxiety. I'm double that age now and do sometimes catch myself pulling at random hairs and have to remind myself what happened in the past and thankfully no patches or thinning these days. After about a year my hair grew back and was able to wear hair down.

Now it is pretty clear Jack is addicted to the internet and social media, she just couldn't last a week without logging on. I really hope a friend or family can step in and help. She needs professional help and there would be no shame in seeking and accepting it. Today, the asking for help then scalding those who helped is actually quite worrying behaviour. And there seems to be a trend of insisting she knows better than dentists and pharmacists and doctors... One cannot be the most knowledgeable person for everything. We have to accept other people are able to help us rather than batting everyone away.

A proper social media rest for a month would be an excellent start in the very least, to break the cycle of feeding upon attention of strangers.

I come to tattle to call out ridiculous behaviours, narcissism, inconsistencies of influencers, I never wish anyone to be in distress like this. Jack, if you are still reading, please, seek help. No shame in doing so.

• Heart
Reactions: 22
ive no doubt that SB is well cared for and much loved. I dont think shes necessarily a bad mother, I just think she needs support. She needs to get her meds right, she needs to participate in therapy, come off social media.. she needs to stop feeding the troll in her head.

(Thats not to say there will be no lasting effect on him due to her mental health. We are all a product of our parents and we become that to our kids. Im a result of my parents tit mental health & parenting and I can only hope I do a better job for my kids!)

• Heart
Reactions: 32
I still am baffled that on THAT WEDNESDAY (it was Weds?) Jack said she was calm, eating OK, fine (probably more positives but I really can't be arsed to look back) but now she says she has been in extreme pain, sleepless and not eating for days. It makes no sense. And she knows we know it makes no sense.
That 'thin' photo is just ridiculous. Trying to make strangers worry is very peculiar. And then to get mock angry when they do worry.
So. Tiresome.

Reactions: 30
Wow, I’ve finally caught up! What a bloody rollercoaster of a week (thread #31 was intense😱) and what a joke Jack is. Wish she’d piss right off after her antics with the cat and her draining pitydom of today. Can’t add more to what’s already been said here already.
But this did make me laugh out loud. Does she think she ‘sugar coats‘ her responses normally and today’s snippy replies are a one off? 😳
E3A5EE34-6DB8-4C28-8CED-58B19164CDFB.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: 37
Anyone else interested to see her on Sali's show - "In the same room as the shitter!"
would be an infinite echo of snarky comments and woe is me's
neither of them unable to escape from it.

Na, too cruel even for each other 🙀

btw. been reading since Sali tried to bring the site down 👋
Babe, same and now I’m properly hooked.
[/QUO

Reactions: 2
Husband just made me egg on toast for tea and it made me wonder why she didn’t just make her cure all egg in a mug- soft, not too hot, not too cold, not sticky or anything, quite nutritious etc. Sounds actually one time that it’d be useful, she had the answer right there!

(usual disclaimer of sorry if someone has already said this, I forget with the volume of posts!)

• Heart
Reactions: 24
“Give me a pass just this once to be a bit grouchy”, she says. JUST THIS ONCE!! 😂😂😂
This old chestnut (can I use an acorn instead? Yes, absolutely x) is trotted out every single time she responds nastily and thinks better of it. Which is every few days.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 12
The one thing I would say about her son is this: I'm sure that in the past she's expressed concerns that he might google her as he gets older and see cruel things that people have written about her.

I think she needs to remember this concern more often when posting.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 22
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.