Jack Monroe #33 Jack’s back on twitter, what a surprise. We roll our eyes

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The original poem that she’s been inspired by (First They Came, by Martin Niemöller) is moving enough as it is. I can’t say I feel the same about Jack’s, but individual taste an’ all that, I suppose.

ETA: Actually, I have more to say on the matter having thought about it for all of two minutes more The original poem is about guilt — it’s a post-ww2 poem about what it was like in Nazi germany, and how general cowardice meant that nobody stood up to the regime until it was too late. It’s a self-reflection, and it’s the writer looking back and realising how he/the general people should/could have stepped up done something sooner. Jack’s poem, however, uses Niemöller’s words to berate other people, which IMO totally misses the point of the original work.

Last edited:
Reactions: 46
Exactly. That’s the complete nonsense of what she wrote. Missed the point totally of the original and uses it to beret others and make out she’s somehow superior ‘Saint Jack ‘to everyone else as they’re not speaking out.

Reactions: 19
Sending love to you and your mum x

Reactions: 16
Kids eh, who’d have ‘em! He doesn’t hate you , he loves you.

He’s lashing out and testing the boundaries but he does love you, things will get better .

Reactions: 27
Absolutely. She’s desperate for another wealthy blue-ticker to snap her up. (Because we know she has a taste for wealthy blue-tickers.)
You’re on the money here but my God, who’d be naive enough to think they could cope with all that drama she brings with her.

Reactions: 9
Spoonie definition above @Readingismyhobby

Reactions: 7
Hausfrauen, have you seen this article? It was published on Friday and talks about JM's experience of 'tough times and severe trolling'.

After talking about how her hair fell out (she thinks) due to stress:

I know, I can't quite believe what I've just read either

Reactions: 47
She’s deleted all social media apps and replaced scrolling with exercise, has she?

I wonder what Novak Nail would have to say about that

Reactions: 44
Morning people, I wonder if she will have a quiet day today?
Thanks for the “spoonie” explanation. I’m actually having one today as I did too much yesterday, so today will probably be wiped out .
Looking on the bright side, I’ll be able to keep up here

Reactions: 16
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.