Jack Monroe #329 Pooroboros

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Get off to bed, love. My OH will sing it out for you <shudder>.
That’ll be lovely thank you.
Me and a friend sang it on a karaoke in Benidorm (‘97) and the guy switched us off early. I cannot imagine why that would have been. Two pissed up 17yr olds, filled to the gunnels on Malibu and pineapple, wearing halter necks and warbling like a couple of castrated cats…

• Haha
Reactions: 48
Jack will be on Zoom / Teams won't she. Then can say oh, I wouldn't break the picket line as I'm ex-fire service. Then haul the poor dog onto camera.

Thinking McCartney has missed a trick. He could have done a few collabs - even his own songs, get someone on. Crowd would love it - see Mel C with The Blossoms. Few would turn down the chance to be on stage with him. The atmosphere in the Philharmonic when he did carpool karaoke was better, in my opinion your honour.

• Haha
Reactions: 35
Has Jimmy Nail (honorary Frau that he is) ever done glasto? I don't know him, but can imagine he might be suspicious about venturing that far south.
Alas it would appear the words "she's lying" have never been heard ringing around those fields. He doesn't want to sit with them anyway.

• Haha
Reactions: 37
I despise Hopkins' repulsive opinions. I can never work out if she means them or gets something from pandering to utter horrors but either way that lols make her destitute chat is disgusting. Every single human being deserves enough to live- even Jack. I have my dark side the same as everyone else on earth but you have to own that and get control of it. The enabling squigs are worse than Jack in a lot of ways.
I think Monroe went more batshit crazy after her brain op. Not making excuses but she Appeared to lose all sense of where the line was after that.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 14
I saw Billy Bragg at Green Man about 11 years ago which is a good festival but also a "right on" Guardianista wankfest. Also spotted that weekend: Caitlin Moran moaning about Welsh weather which fair, I get.

But I digress. Reader, I was so bored by Mr Bragg I went off to find some other pals and took shrooms.

• Haha
Reactions: 50
He's not doing too bad! I was slightly concerned and thought it might be a bit like when Elton murdered I'm Still Standing.

If any Fraus would like to see why old farts might want to go to Glastonbury then watch the David Bowie set from 2000. It's so good. With Gail Ann Dorsey too 😍.
Best headliners for me were The Levellers in 1994. Now I feel so old! 😭😱

Has Jimmy Nail (honorary Frau that he is) ever done glasto? I don't know him, but can imagine he might be suspicious about venturing that far south.
Ahhhh to hear "she's lying..." blasting out while Jack speaks would be simply divine.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 33
He's not doing too bad! I was slightly concerned and thought it might be a bit like when Elton murdered I'm Still Standing.

If any Fraus would like to see why old farts might want to go to Glastonbury then watch the David Bowie set from 2000. It's so good. With Gail Ann Dorsey too 😍.
Omg the coat Bowie wears….. and that moment as he walks onto the stage and does Wild is the Wind 🥰❤ We often watch that it’s wonderful

• Heart
Reactions: 27
The Guffalomonroe
49060602-F6F9-4ADA-91A2-86DC2623C016.jpeg

A brambley mouse took a stroll through the stuffy BBC
An exec saw the mouse, and wanted him for his tea
where are you going , little brambley mouse? Come and have tea in my big forever house!

“Oh it’s terribly kind of you exec, but no,
I’m off for some slop with the Gruffamonroe!
what’s a Gruffamonroe?”
“ a Gruffamonroe, why didn’t you know?

She has too many teeth, and terrible hair,
A lingering honk, and an empty souled stare”
where are you meeting them ?
“ why, here by this tree. And their favourite food is execs from TV”

tv exec? It’s time I LEFT “
“ good luck Brambley mouse”
and off he sped

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 105
What time does she have to be there? There's an 8.51 leaving Paddington direct to Castle Cary getting in at 10.24 and there's a free shuttle bus from Castle Cary to the festival.
She’s on at 12 so I’d imagine she ought to be there at least an hour before. But knowing Jack, 15 minutes will do.

• Haha
Reactions: 20
That’ll be lovely thank you.
Me and a friend sang it on a karaoke in Benidorm (‘97) and the guy switched us off early. I cannot imagine why that would have been. Two pissed up 17yr olds, filled to the gunnels on Malibu and pineapple, wearing halter necks and warbling like a couple of castrated cats…
😂😂😂. If you can't sleep, let me know. I'll sing you a lullaby of 'Say Hello, Wave Goodbye' or 'Sex Dwarf'

Luring Disco Dollies To A Life Of Vice.

• Haha
Reactions: 17

Ffs Bowie was only 53 in 2000 🤔

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 16
Best headliners for me were The Levellers in 1994. Now I feel so old! 😭😱

Ahhhh to hear "she's lying..." blasting out while Jack speaks would be simply divine.
I feel even older! My first festival was in the mid 80s. Off to have a bit of a lie down...

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.