Jack Monroe #329 Pooroboros

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Dear Chums

I feel my involvement in the dearest canal may have to come to an abrupt end unless you all start putting that orange bleeping monstrosity of a hairdo behind a spoiler.

Yours, Lenny (accidental detective/creator of the #saltylenny hashtag/lover of all the Georgias)
Kumquat!

• Haha
Reactions: 22
Interesting new bio.
Do we think it’s significant that she no longer mentions the Vimes Boots Index? 🤔
What’s the betting it is never mentioned again.

I wonder if Jack has done any prep at all for the “debate” tomorrow?* Because she is sharing the stage with some pretty impressive people.

* of course she hasn’t.
I kind of hope so. The NOS and various other websites have already done the work, and the VBI is clearly just to promote Jack.

I’m so pissed off that she has the wheelchair emoji in her bio again. She might claim to have hidden disabilities, but the fact that she uses this, to promote herself is so wrong. If you’re going to use “disability“ as a way of self promotion, you should at least highlight important things. Jack never does. She could have pointed out how inaccessible Venice is (as some people here pointed out at the time).

There are SO many barriers to accessibility, and I might be aware of it, but because I am able-bodied, I will never fully understand. There are so many genuine activists, taking the government, and local councils to task for not making every day life accessible for wheelchair users. I don’t actually want Jack to get involved because she’d make it all about herself, but she has such a huge platform, and could really highlight some important things.

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 55
I just don’t get this. For years she was saying she was trans and used chest binders and was quite adamant about it. This story says otherwise. Ok, we all have the right to change our minds, but surely her performative takes on all her trans issues and otherwise does so much harm to people really experiencing this and wish to be taken seriously. 🤷🏻‍♀️

• Heart
Reactions: 46
Ugh I can just imagine Jack turning up late at Glastonbury and doing that nasally hyena giggle 'well you all know it wouldn't be me if there wasn't some chaos'. Barf.
And Billy Bragg is a twit. Bought that large house in Dorset with grounds and immediately set about closing off the public footpath through it that had been there forever. All for the masses until they start to come within 100s of yards of his mansion.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 76
Yup. I've told somebody who thought they were far too famous to have people doing anything but bowing and scraping that if they were going to do that, they were going to be doing it next to the toilets in the rain because they certainly weren't going to be doing it on my stage.

And I've had significantly more influential people than them bring me a bacon sandwich and a coffee or help clear the stage area of beer cups because they were decent human beings.

It's weird not working the festivals. Although it's quite nice not having to crawl under a stage to get some shuteye in the middle of a set or literally falling asleep sitting upright. But if I were Supreme Emperor of the Universe, I would have snipers posted on the gantries to pick off cunts with bleeping flares.

Green Man was utter shite. As soon as you got there (roadying), you were accosted by stoned posh girls mumbling that you were going to have to let them move you across three fields without the use of your van because 'the environment' and them trying to drag ten grand's worth of gear on the ground behind them. They got fucked off pretty sharpish, whereupon they drifted off to wobble away to Afro Celt Sound System and the like.

No way would JM have any idea of what it's like to actually be crew or a real performer. Appropriately enough, she'd just be filler.
I've 😂 this because the Green Man description is so 😂.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 21
Thinking McCartney has missed a trick. He could have done a few collabs - even his own songs, get someone on. Crowd would love it - see Mel C with The Blossoms.
He brought on Dave Grohl and Bruce Springsteen! Other mashups over the week were Billie No Mates and Sleaford Mods and Olivia Rodrigo bringing in Lily Allen for “duck you” dedicated to the Supreme Court. Some people might think it’s cringe or whatever but I think that’s much more punk than anything Jack ever try hards at.

As much as it would have left a bad taste in my mouth to see her cutting about beautiful Glasto I’d rather she would have stopped the naval gazing and actually went and like enjoyed herself out of her little everyday Jackonbury she exists in. Would probably do her well to be in a crowd, singing realising everything isn’t about her and her shitey thoughts lol.

Ok, the new lyrics for the Billy Bragg and Jack Monroe track have been leaked. Will she be there to sing it live tomorrow?
New Southend
I was twenty three years when I left my job
I'm 34 now and still a big knob
In tears at this 😂

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 34
🎵Nightmeat, Nightmeat!
Hates THAT MAN whom she will defeat!
Can she cut the cost of jam?
Not she can’t, it’s a scam!🎵

• Haha
Reactions: 28
I would like to nominate simply “Nightmeat” for thread title please and thankyou

Thank you ❤ It makes me laugh that Jack is so thick she couldn’t understand the meaning behind The Way I Loved You never mind mirrorball or seven. I can imagine her sat there with that bleeping notebook writing the song lyrics out trying to work out what they mean!
And she can stay the duck away from the lakes, my second favourite of all time. If she tweets any lyrics to that song I will be in mourning for the next month.
let's be real here, jack wouldn't understand the meaning of shake it off, she's that dumb

she thinks folklore is a break-up album 😭 🤣

also, if the lakes is your 2nd fave, what's your fave? my 2nd fave is champagne problems

Maybe she relates to the last great american dynasty because she lives in a massive house near the coast and her neighbours don't like her 🤭
she pretty much said that on that virgin radio, or whatever it was, podcast a few months ago!

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 24
Not passing judgement because I am the one SS but she is awake. Not sure how that works with the is she/isn’t she at Glastonbury theory. One blue tick left unsquigged.

Yawn.

7F82A1A3-F34E-48A8-B310-31EE6F5EF859.jpeg

60B19243-B9B3-4B33-BD54-3242CC10FE8B.jpeg

012D9925-F27E-4788-A5F3-D1991DD3B789.jpeg

• Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 40
Feeling smug, I predicted she’d be up in the early hours despite her very early start for Glastonbury

Reactions: 29
Feeling smug, I predicted she’d be up in the early hours despite her very early start for Glastonbury
So. Is she up because of

a) Content
b) the need to get to Glastonbury
c) the fact she is already there and the noise of people doing stuff (no comment) is keeping her up?

Reactions: 33
So. Is she up because of

a) Content
b) the need to get to Glastonbury
c) the fact she is already there and the noise of people doing stuff (no comment) is keeping her up?
b) Can’t sleep because it’s a big day ahead

and

d) nocturnal at the best of times, and addicted to Twitter

• Heart
Reactions: 28
Oh ffs is she still pretending she is suing people for saying she makes money from poor people. Which she does.
And pickled radishes in a casserole. Why tho.
It’s just horrid isn’t it?

The little 😏 for wasting her followers’ money for a case that is entirely pointless.

There are bigger things in the world going on Jack than you trying to prove that the Earth is at the centre of the bleeping universe.

• Heart
Reactions: 34
Has Jimmy Nail (honorary Frau that he is) ever done glasto? I don't know him, but can imagine he might be suspicious about venturing that far south.
Don’t tell me you missed it! He brought out the Pumble for the big finale

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 61
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.