Jack Monroe #329 Pooroboros

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I miss festival toilet queues. It’s very important there’s someone in a bad state in the queue, otherwise you might be it. Crazy kids off their tits for the first time; someone always falls in some mud. A toilet breaks down and there’s instant anger.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 39
I miss festival toilet queues. It’s very important there’s someone in a bad state in the queue, otherwise you might be it. Crazy kids off their tits for the first time; someone always falls in some mud. A toilet breaks down and there’s instant anger.
That's giving me memories of Reading Festival 😳😂.

Someone has put 50p in Paul McCartney. God love him. Bet it isn't Jack though.

• Haha
Reactions: 32
I have never voted for the Conservatives and never will, I think the current government is a total shower but the edgy ‘duck the tories’ thing, coming from middle class posers at a ££££ festival is so cringe. Peak Jack energy though. Where is she? lol
Omg yes, this, like is it getting old and boring or the mention of naff Billy Bragg but I physically cringed at this.

Can’t help but wonder how many Tory voters were in the audience singing along thinking 😬😬😬😬!

• Haha
Reactions: 36
To be fair lots of people will have saved and worked really hard for their Glastonbury experience. It's the end of exam season too. Remember Alex with Dave and AJ Tracey? There are loads of summer festivals that kids work hard to save for a summer blow out. Most festivals have some sort of Leftie Corner. God knows I made the mistake of trying to sit through a Ken Loach talk at one 😂.
Awww I like Ken Loach, he’s not petrified of class analysis like modern Labour are.
But yeah I concur, wouldn’t want to spend festival time at a talk from him 😆

• Haha
Reactions: 22
Have never heard of this man before these threads but see why they get along:

C90E8820-3F15-4436-A352-566E7DA176E5.jpeg

(Found this googling if he still lived in the ends, apparently he sold his Dorset ✨villa✨ for £3mil)

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 40
I'm hoping tomorrow we get a perpetual catatonic reprise of one of my favourite Jack chaoses, the "Will she/won't she make it to Conference" saga. Tweeted photos of Billy Bragg waiting impatiently on stage with an empty space next to him. Jack huffing across a muddy field in her stab vest, bladder of lukewarm twig and rosemary water in hand. Please make it happen.

• Haha
Reactions: 55
That's giving me memories of Reading Festival 😳😂.

Someone has put 50p in Paul McCartney. God love him. Bet it isn't Jack though.

That's somebody who has clearly cut out the smoking of tobacco-adjacent items in the last couple of years - his voice is far, far better than it has been in recent years.

Reactions: 25
Paul McCartney: He’s amazing eh????
He's not doing too bad! I was slightly concerned and thought it might be a bit like when Elton murdered I'm Still Standing.

If any Fraus would like to see why old farts might want to go to Glastonbury then watch the David Bowie set from 2000. It's so good. With Gail Ann Dorsey too 😍.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 32
I imagine there will be absolutely no bleeping about from the festival organisers if there is a whiff of Jack running late, I have been to a lot of festivals in my time and have seen stage managers hurry up late running acts people actually wanted to see, never mind a slop goblin piggy backing on someone else's slot. Different festivals but it's been done to Mystery Jets, Eagles of Death Metal, Lacuna Coil and I even saw the stage manager just cut the amps and mics of Airbourne for climbing the stage rigging in the rain, when they had plenty of time left in their set. Unless you're Axl Rose with an over running afternoon nap and you're headlining the day, there's no mercy.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 40
He's not doing too bad! I was slightly concerned and thought it might be a bit like when Elton murdered I'm Still Standing.

If any Fraus would like to see why old farts might want to go to Glastonbury then watch the David Bowie set from 2000. It's so good. With Gail Ann Dorsey too 😍.
I’m going to have a strong espresso martini for the inevitable 25m Hey Jude that’ll be on its way. It’s well past my bedtime.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 38
That's somebody who has clearly cut out the smoking of tobacco-adjacent items in the last couple of years - his voice is far, far better than it has been in recent years.
It is! He's 80! Just.

I’m going to have a strong espresso martini for the inevitable 25m Hey Jude that’ll be on its way. It’s well past my bedtime.
Get off to bed, love. My OH will sing it out for you <shudder>.

• Haha
Reactions: 25
Excellent deploy of “excuse me” in the original Greek there sweety T
Hotes, we Halloumi souvlaki for dinner so I'm practically fluent now. I might go off barefoot up a mountain tomorrow to tickle some goats and squeeze some lemons or something, who knows? So if I miss "Potatoes 2: Electric Boogaloo" it'll be the dodgy wifi in the taverna. Ευχαριστώ (no space).

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 55
I just can't wait for a lovely Sunday recipe of vegetable peel jam with a hideous kiwi smartprice mash trifle.

• Haha
Reactions: 31
I’ve been watching some of the Glasto sets maybe it’s just because it’s not my thing but there doesn’t seem to be much of an atmosphere the crowds seem quite muted. Mind that could be because most of the crowd have paid upwards of £300 to have their view blocked by a massive flag.
Back on topic if she turns up I wonder how far she’s going to crank up the middle class posho accent?

• Haha
Reactions: 30
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.