Jack Monroe #329 Pooroboros

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Oh great. Paper Mask firemanlady Monroe is back. I literally don’t wish her harm, but figuratively hope she’s trapped in a room with actual firefighters for a really long time where they question her intensively on firefighter stuff
Has Jack ever promised any Fire Safety tips?
With her precarious candles, wire nibbling mice roaming about, and the layout of her kitchen, she's basically a 'what not to do' guide

• Haha
Reactions: 41
With her precarious candles, wire nibbling mice roaming about, and the layout of her kitchen, she's basically a 'what not to do' guide
She did a fire safety thing for the Groucho and they gave her free stuff. So don’t go there! It’s probably a fire hazard.

• Haha
Reactions: 44
I arrange fire safety home checks for my service users. I could book one for Jack!

• Haha
Reactions: 21
What time does she have to be there? There's an 8.51 leaving Paddington direct to Castle Cary getting in at 10.24 and there's a free shuttle bus from Castle Cary to the festival.
Tomorrow's timetable will be massively impacted by the balancing being wrong after strike action today so I wouldn't be relying on a smooth train journey tomorrow if I was her.

Reactions: 28
Jack, save yourself the hassle of fulfilling yet another professional obligation and have a lie-in tomorrow because Jamie Webster is so far up your niche you're gonna have to bake him a cake.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 44
Jack, save yourself the hassle of fulfilling yet another professional obligation and have a lie-in tomorrow because Jamie Webster is so far up your niche you're gonna have to bake him a cake.
You are mistaken. That is but a wee small clip, aye. Jack is there and lead the chant. Then everyone clapped and raised her aloft for the Bestest Crowd Surf In The Universe And Beyond.

ETA 🥕

• Haha
Reactions: 39
You are mistaken. That is but a wee small clip, aye. Jack is there and lead the chat. Then everyone clapped and raised her aloft for the Bestest Crowd Surf In The Universe And Beyond.
Jamie also leaned in and said ‘thanks for all you do, you’re a legend’.

• Haha
Reactions: 38
I have never voted for the Conservatives and never will, I think the current government is a total shower but the edgy ‘duck the tories’ thing, coming from middle class posers at a ££££ festival is so cringe. Peak Jack energy though. Where is she? lol

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 75
I have never voted for the Conservatives and never will, I think the current government is a total shower but the edgy ‘duck the tories’ thing, coming from middle class posers at a ££££ festival is so cringe. Peak Jack energy though. Where is she? lol

Shes at home making brambly cutesie pics of her flufflepumph

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 21
You are mistaken. That is but a wee small clip, aye. Jack is there and lead the chant. Then everyone clapped and raised her aloft for the Bestest Crowd Surf In The Universe And Beyond.

ETA 🥕
Aye, right so you are. Jack has obviously been softly, gently, whispering encouraging words backstage to this young whippersnapper, so she has. Συγγνώμη. Go well🙏🏼

• Haha
Reactions: 35
On at 12. It’s a huge site though. She may just about make it by the skin of her teeth, a scruffy, sweaty, unprepared mess. So no change there then.

If that’s her plan she’s insane.
I hope she wears the bogging grey jumper

• Haha
Reactions: 37
If she crossed the picket to go pick up Content, she might as well cross it again to travel today. I hope a rousing chorus of “scab, scab, scab” from the mouths of the Leftfield activists greets her. She crossed it for leisure purposes. It wasn’t even an emergency.
Agree with this. Queen of attention seekers ain’t missing a Glasto-audience-worth of attention for anything. Travelling tomorrow would be chaos: she’s too tit to get up in time tomorrow to make it for her slot, so the logical deduction is she’s gone today and is staying overnight. No idea who’ll have the poor dog, or if she’s dragged it along with her. And yes she’ll have scabbed.

If any of the Asylums lot or their mates are at Leftfield tomorrow, they’d be able to heckle from an informed position, seeing as they’re from Southend originally and everyone there knows she’s full of tit about The Poverty. However, I’d assume what with having played Glasto today (WELL DONE guys, I’m always proud of locals who aren’t total dickheads doing well) they’ll probably be off having fun tomorrow (or/whilst hanging out of their arses) instead of going along to watch Jackie and Billy Bragg moralise from their ivory towers.

My festival-going days are behind me, mainly because I had to be thoroughly off my tits to get through it each time: autism and festivals ain’t a great mix, but better living through chemistry and all that. Not a risk I want to take now as I have kids at home these days. But I really cannot think of anything I would have wanted to do less at Glastonbury than go to see Jack spout her self-serving shite, and I’m including queuing for the loos in that. (At least in the loo queue you could usually meet fun people and be entertained for a while.)

Billy Bragg is a massive ignorant faux lefty prick these days too, so that’ll be two people with no credibility left both waffling on about how much they hate Tories. Instead of having a thoughtful discussion about how the Tories have become what they have become - the current crop are a world away from actual conservatives, the top levels of the party are now overrun by mental Ayn Rand fanboys and girls.

Actual conservatives, although I may disagree massively with them on key issues, were/are at least people you could chat to about philosophical standpoints and find points for alignment, but the current lot of talentless twits in cabinet are just populist nutjobs who seem to have a rota basis for sharing the handful of brain cells they have between them. But I doubt there’ll be any nuance from Billy and Jackie tomorrow, no recognition that some Tories are perfectly decent and worth engaging with - as indeed are most of the conservative-leaning populace, who are pretty wary of Labour these days mainly because of their commitment to all the mad identity politics stuff over class analysis. Labour has forgotten the stuff it’s supposed to be FOR, the stuff that Mick Lynch has done a terrific job of spotlighting over the last week or so. I despair. There’s no strategy from anyone in politics any more, no vision of how to identify ways of making things better, and no desire to explore nuance. It’ll all get distilled down to “Tories bad” as ever, when reality is a lot more complex than that and it always has been.

And I say that as a single mum with kids in actually inadequate rented housing, who desperately wants a decent centre-left government - or even a centre-right one with an interest in rebalancing housing costs with salaries. The economy is fucked beyond repair if people like me don’t have disposable income and have no hope of changing that, because it’s not the mega-rich who make the biggest contribution in terms of daily economic activity, its normal families who are basically screwed nowadays.

edited to add, because I would feel bad if I didn’t - Sir David Amess was one of the genuinely decent conservatives. I disagreed passionately with him on at least half of his beliefs and positions, but he was always up for having a discussion even if you just ran into him filling your car up, or on the train (he always got the train to work in Parliament). He wanted to try and convince his critics of the merits of his views, not just dismiss voters’ criticisms of what he stood for. He changed my mind about Tories as a lump. I am still so gutted about his murder, he deserved to live decades more and have a nice peaceful death somewhere comfortable. It is true that he died doing what he loved, because he really was a bloody great local MP and thrived on helping his constituents. He was never bothered about ministerial work, was happy to be a backbencher cos that way he could advocate for his constituents in Parliament instead of toeing the party line to get promotions. I got a bit mad when stuck up Jack did her lame simplistic “duck the Tories” thing at the Scottish event, so I’ll be skipping upcoming clips of her repeating the same line. It’s not as simple as she thinks it is. Never has been and never will be.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 81
To be fair lots of people will have saved and worked really hard for their Glastonbury experience. It's the end of exam season too. Remember Alex with Dave and AJ Tracey? There are loads of summer festivals that kids work hard to save for a summer blow out. Most festivals have some sort of Leftie Corner. God knows I made the mistake of trying to sit through a Ken Loach talk at one 😂.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 30
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.