Jack Monroe #329 Pooroboros

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I suspect he saw the light rapidly.

If you’re not on SM but your new OH is and starts muttering about pregnancy etc then you are bound to have media savvy friends who will notice and start pointing it out. He likely got weird vibes about it all and made a swift exit. I suspect he’s now realising he dodged a bullet.
I don’t think he was on her most recent trip

Reactions: 19
It’s not saved Jack money though, she’s got hundreds of pounds of unused food at home! Silly cow.
On the same principle…I managed to do my shop today for only £7.25…a bottle of wine and a bag of crisps. (Already had food in!)

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 124
Been there, done that, got the sick bucket! :sick:

OT (slightly) but being of Scottish descent (my grandfather, so Scotland and the Scots really are close to my heart), our porridge was and always will be made with water with a pinch of salt, as we were always told, "that's how the real Scots do it".😁 As a milk hater :sick: I can't imagine making porridge made with it as I'd probably gag.:sick: Each to their own though, we're all different.;)

Jack would be interested in a woman I follow on Instagram, she prices up all her goodies when she posts recipes and makes some really cheap things. Things that actually look delicious and edible - I've tried several and they turned out great, and I'm no Delia Smith!🤪 She would also probably benefit from following someone like The Budget Mom - she's done some GREAT stuff money-wise and helps folks (as well as it now being her business) to get out of debt. She also has sleeves of tattoos, so bonus for Jack! ;)

PS Do you suppose she went to the mortgage appointment alone and named old Harold as the other party, then brought it up with him, hence causing a ruckus? :unsure: #justathought

PPS on the subject of tattoos - why does she think she's so avant garde in relation? I'm well into my sixties (sadly:cry:) and I'd say half of my friends and several relatives have them (including two sisters). Women aged from 30 to 76! Tatts are nothing new these days! Neither are the funky haircuts - they're everywhere. Get with it, lass!:rolleyes:😁

(Sorry, I realise I overuse those emojis!)
This is exactly the correct way to make porridge. With a wee spoon Lyles black treacle (in the red tin) stirred in on high days and holidays

• Heart
Reactions: 27
LP is also a lesbian who is married to a man.
I'm desperately trying to catch up with these threads, but I don't believe that Laurie has ever identified as a lesbian, always bi/pan. I used to know her in real life - and am also a bisexual married to a man!

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 48
Do we reckon she will actually turn up at Glastonbury then? Or stay at home to traumatise content some more?

Reactions: 43
Having ignored my family for at least half the day I’m extremely excited to share that I’ve, for the first time ever, caught up on a thread as it’s still live and I would like to say:

you are all very very funny, I’ve had a very nice time reading page after page, even though for most of the day I’ve been consistently 10 pages behind which has made me feel like I’m chasing a startled horse 🤣 - every time I think I’m getting somewhere it move

JM is such a self congratulatory knob head.

enjoyed her tweet about the oat milk, moo cheese etc - stuff that her target audience would be in no position what so ever to afford

also, I’m so confused about the UHT hate, I cannot tell the difference at all 🤣🤣

anyway - hello 👋 and thanks!

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 95
I don't understand why she only likes these tweets but never retweets them. Surely this is better self-promotion than performative grocery shopping?
Screenshot_20220625-191050-415.png

• Haha
Reactions: 44
But she said she’s going to do some batch cooking this weekend 🤷‍♀️? If I were going to Glastonbury I’d be too excited for performance bullocks such as hers.
If I was supposed to be at Glastonbury by midday tomorrow I'd be travelling now! I was in the area earlier this week and there are LOTS of roadworks and road closures. I've got family who live just outside Glastonbury and it's very busy apparently.

• Wow
Reactions: 36
I don't understand why she only likes these tweets but never retweets them. Surely this is better self-promotion than performative grocery shopping?
View attachment 1369481
I've seen Kit de Waal speak 🔺 She's super down to earth and from a WORKING-CLASS background, her family fostered children which provided the inspiration for one of her books - she worked her way up into a career in law IIRC, then Creative Writing Masters.
I wonder if Jack will try to bond with her about her experiences :unsure:

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 41
View attachment 1369481
I wonder if it's because although she likes to talk about her 120 hour work weeks, she doesn't want her squigs to see the sorts of things that probably come with a reasonable pay day e.g. presenting awards, the superdrug stuff.

Reactions: 41
One thing I don't understand about her followers is - do they not know how to shop on a budget, or even shop at all? Why all the excitement over what she bought at Asda?

What she's doing isn't exactly groundbreaking; have a scout around the kitchen, make a shopping list, go to the shop, buy inexpensive food. The only difference is she doesn't appear to have purchased anything that could make a single square meal. Oh, and quark.

• Haha
Reactions: 59
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.