Jack Monroe #329 Pooroboros

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Yeah absolutely, no personal details should be shared online. Iā€™m just curious if the landlady would be notified that someone requested this information. Apologies - not originally from the UK so assumed you couldnā€™t get this kind of information

• Heart
Reactions: 29
I'm softly, gently easing myself back into these threads again after the last couple. I was here in spirit for Content and the other stuff best not mentioned. I bit my tongue and sat on my hands. Jack, you're vile and Squig, you'd pee yourself if you read the Wiki.

Attachments

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 42
Yeah absolutely, no personal details should shared online. Iā€™m just curious if the landlady would be notified that someone requested this information. Apologies - not originally from the UK so assumed you couldnā€™t get this kinda of information
No, youā€™re right tho there are countries where you can request anyoneā€™s tax records but they must be notified that youā€™ve done so (a frau explained this in detail - is it Iceland? Or a Nordic country). Here itā€™s all held by land registry or the gov and youā€™re not notified that someoneā€™s looked it up. Like wills are public domain, who could they even notify thatā€™d been looked up? Youā€™re dead!

But obviously as Falkor said the Ā£1.5/3/6 you spend on that document only gives you access to it, you couldnā€™t then distribute it for free and itā€™d be against tattleā€™s rules to share the full .pdf anyway.

But for someone who has such a well documented audit trail of family wealth & her own personal financial problems she does chat a lot of titā€¦

Reactions: 39
Just a musing that relies on believing her re filing her accounts, but she really must have thought she was buying a house with this bloke to have filed her accounts. Going by canal folklore that heā€™s a gen Xer or above, thereā€™s a possibility he may have a reasonable amount of equity in a current or former property (even after Maureenā€™s taken her rightful share) which sheā€™d assumed would form the deposit and then some. And meant significantly smaller mortgage payments versus rent for an equivalent property. She must have genuinely believed the mortgage meeting would come out well for her/them? šŸ˜¬

Also šŸ˜¬šŸ˜¬šŸ˜¬ at the very short time frame (2 weeks tops?) between the mortgage broker meeting & the break up. That shitshow must have been what tipped Harold off and had him running for the hills. What a truly mad scenario.
I am so slow on the uptake. I didn't realise she was probably doing a joint application šŸ˜³
Bloody hell no wonder Harold left.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 48
Yeah absolutely, no personal details should be shared online. Iā€™m just curious if the landlady would be notified that someone requested this information. Apologies - not originally from the UK so assumed you couldnā€™t get this kind of information
Sorry, I got the wrong end of the stick! No, all property details are held on the English Land Registry, anyone can pay Ā£3 for a copy of the title deed which should show name and address of the owner and whether there's any outstanding finance secured against the property- it being an open system helps stop people getting defrauded when buying a house. All requests are handled by the Land Registry and an owner will never know if a request has been made.

Bit off topic, but for English and Welsh fraus (not sure if the Scottish system does it too, as so much of it is still on the Sasine record rather than our Land Register) you can register at the Land Registry for alerts to any changes on your property's record - so if someone who isn't you tries to sell it or borrow against it, which does occasionally happen, you'll be notified as soon as they receive the request.

Reactions: 35
Just a musing that relies on believing her re filing her accounts, but she really must have thought she was buying a house with this bloke to have filed her accounts. Going by canal folklore that heā€™s a gen Xer or above, thereā€™s a possibility he may have a reasonable amount of equity in a current or former property (even after Maureenā€™s taken her rightful share) which sheā€™d assumed would form the deposit and then some. And meant significantly smaller mortgage payments versus rent for an equivalent property. She must have genuinely believed the mortgage meeting would come out well for her/them? šŸ˜¬

Also šŸ˜¬šŸ˜¬šŸ˜¬ at the very short time frame (2 weeks tops?) between the mortgage broker meeting & the break up. That shitshow must have been what tipped Harold off and had him running for the hills. What a truly mad scenario.
Could Harold be a widower? Wodowers often enter in to unsuitable relationships soon after their wives die.

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 38
Grunking BUT when I worked at a Big-4-not-Asda we had a "subtotal" button we could press to total up the current amount at any time (which accounts for any deals etc. which don't show up until the end without pressing the button). I'm not familiar with Asda but maybe she's been asking the cashier to total up as she goes? If so, total performance.
When I was hard up, before the cashier started putting stuff through I would say could you let me know if we get to X amount please, and they would, my receipt looked a bit like that.

NB. I shopped when it was quiet as I hated people knowing that I didn't have money for things.

• Heart
Reactions: 41
A lot of autistic kids donā€™t like different foods touching, let alone jumbled together in inexplicable ways (with a slimy egg on top). They donā€™t like unexpected textures which is why they often get bothered by soft fruits which are sometimes over-soft and sometimes underripe - even different grapes from the same bunch can have different firmness which can cause them to reject the lot. Simple, predictable, separate is the mantra when serving autistic kids food.

Tattoos I remember Jack has - a pocket watch, a compass, ā€œdo no harmā€.
You have just described my autistic daughter and her struggle with food.

• Heart
Reactions: 37
One place I used to work had these. A special frame, put wind sock through the middle, tie a knot at the bottom. The rest of the sock sat in the rim at the top. When emptying, cut and knot. So rubbish goes everyday. But if only a little bit you only use small 'bag'.
I, a veritable genius and brainiac often stopped in the streets for my famed brilliance, have no idea how this could work (and after three reads hope I never have to learn, as my brain seems likely to explode)

• Haha
Reactions: 29
Sneaking UHT milk past her boy is bullshit, he'd know the difference in taste.
*whispers
I prefer UHT milk, you guyses are making me feel like I've done a poo in a bag.
So glad I'm not the only one who has a thing for UHT milk. I really like the taste of it.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 26
To be fair, I'm amazed Harold even agreed to attend a mortgage appointment with her after such a short relationship.
he probably didnā€™t.
J: ā€œHey Harold, letā€™s go to a park to watch the doggos and let SB have a run aroundā€.
H: ā€œokā€¦ā€¦hey wait, what park is in a bank?ā€

• Haha
Reactions: 37
I, a veritable genius and brainiac often stopped in the streets for my famed brilliance, have no idea how this could work (and after three reads hope I never have to learn, as my brain seems likely to explode)
šŸ˜‚ so, like this
47584645-A58A-4AF9-804E-9223F9E77F99.jpeg

But with a double circle at the top, for the 'wind sock' to sit. Pass thru the middle, tie a knot at the bottom.
cut and tie as necessary.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 23
Slightly OT but my SB asked who invented chips (Belgium apparently) but in my research I discovered a very old book called Shilling Cookery for the People. Is this this what Jack is trying to emulate?

However by all accounts, the author Alexis Soyer was a true philanthropist who genuinely sought to help people in poverty. No patreon for him. There is an interesting bio here.
Amazon product

I was also surprised to see this excerpt from Dickens which reminded me a little of our smol pixie's writing style.
Screenshot_20220625-140723_Samsung Internet.jpg

I'm betting a sideboard Jack will mention shilling cookery later.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 34
So glad I'm not the only one who has a thing for UHT milk. I really like the taste of it.
When I was growing up mum used to get worse. Sterilised milk in long tall bottles with beer bottle caps, suppose that might be what uht milk is today? And st Ivel Five pints milk powder! Eugh, still better than just water on your weetabix.

• Haha
Reactions: 35
When I was growing up mum used to get worse. Sterilised milk in long tall bottles with beer bottle caps, suppose that might be what uht milk is today? And st Ivel Five pints milk powder! Eugh, still better than just water on your weetabix.
Nope sterilised is nice, uht, not so much

• Wow
Reactions: 18
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.