Jack Monroe #329 Pooroboros

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Just a musing that relies on believing her re filing her accounts, but she really must have thought she was buying a house with this bloke to have filed her accounts. Going by canal folklore that he’s a gen Xer or above, there’s a possibility he may have a reasonable amount of equity in a current or former property (even after Maureen’s taken her rightful share) which she’d assumed would form the deposit and then some. And meant significantly smaller mortgage payments versus rent for an equivalent property. She must have genuinely believed the mortgage meeting would come out well for her/them? 😬

Also 😬😬😬 at the very short time frame (2 weeks tops?) between the mortgage broker meeting & the break up. That shitshow must have been what tipped Harold off and had him running for the hills. What a truly mad scenario.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 77
Just a musing that relies on believing her re filing her accounts, but she really must have thought she was buying a house with this bloke to have filed her accounts. Going by canal folklore that he’s a gen Xer or above, there’s a possibility he may have a reasonable amount of equity in a current or former property (even after Maureen’s taken her rightful share) which she’d assumed would form the deposit and then some. And meant significantly smaller mortgage payments versus rent for an equivalent property. She must have genuinely believed the mortgage meeting would come out well for her/them? 😬

Also 😬😬😬 at the very short time frame (2 weeks tops?) between the mortgage broker meeting & the break up. That shitshow must have been what tipped Harold off and had him running for the hills. What a truly mad scenario.
That is a good point. Would a stumbling block to a mortgage, if as implied it was going to be a joint purchase, be the fact they had known each other 2 minutes? I've no idea. Different if they were married.
But yes no wonder Harold took off. My goodness, matching clothes and mugs is one thing, but tied in a mortgage with Jack 😬

• Wow
Reactions: 41

On the subject of houses and mortgages, I am looking forward to the day that the penny drops that when you buy your ~forever home~ that by the end of your 20 or 25 years, you will have paid a monster amount of extra cash over its original value because of the old mortgage interest fees. I just can't wait for the reality to hit, it's going to be delicious!

• Heart
Reactions: 38
Sneaking UHT milk past her boy is bullshit, he'd know the difference in taste.
*whispers
I prefer UHT milk, you guyses are making me feel like I've done a poo in a bag.
*whispers back
Me too. You can sit with me but please don't poo in a bag. Iqbal will be angry.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 48
On the subject of houses and mortgages, I am looking forward to the day that the penny drops that when you buy your ~forever home~ that by the end of your 20 or 25 years, you will have paid a monster amount of extra cash over its original value because of the old mortgage interest fees. I just can't wait for the reality to hit, it's going to be delicious!
True, but if she'd spent less time chaos-ing all over t'interwebz, she could have bought somewhere small after she won 24k damages from La Hopkins.

Even with CCJs priced in, mortgage rates are historically low and a good broker would have found her a manageable deal. Course, it wouldn't have been on a 750k crappy bungalow (no orangery), but it would have been hers.

However, old galaxy brain went down the route of trying to find a significantly wealthier partner to sponge off, as is The Way Of The Grifter.

Reactions: 42
Yesterday was black bin bag day in the Pavlova household. So there I am, with the roll of bags...
And there was not one single seam. So I ended up with the entire roll as one, like the world's largest domestic windsock. It was a real wtf moment. Dear hearts, I hooted (still am)..
#Aldi #epicfail #elevenerifeSocks 🤣
One place I used to work had these. A special frame, put wind sock through the middle, tie a knot at the bottom. The rest of the sock sat in the rim at the top. When emptying, cut and knot. So rubbish goes everyday. But if only a little bit you only use small 'bag'.

• Haha
Reactions: 18
Don’t know if this has been posted before, but came across it on Reddit today in the ‘dontyouknowwhoiam’ sub.

d8grh689tn791.png

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 84
That is a good point. Would a stumbling block to a mortgage, if as implied it was going to be a joint purchase, be the fact they had known each other 2 minutes? I've no idea. Different if they were married.
But yes no wonder Harold took off. My goodness, matching clothes and mugs is one thing, but tied in a mortgage with Jack 😬
I don’t think so, lots of different ppl buy properties together whether it’s siblings or friends or parent/child so how could they measure each situation’s commitment?

Tbh even when you do that appointment ahead of getting married to check you’re not being trafficked or doing an immigration scam they barely ask any questions beyond DOB and full name (as a white British national appreciate that’ll vary).

Reactions: 19
Totally not stalkerish but I was curious and spent £3 today on Land Registry site and it isn't owned by big dave. If i put my paypal up please send casheros to compensate my out of pocket expenses.
Is this anonymous though
Totally not stalkerish but I was curious and spent £3 today on Land Registry site and it isn't owned by big dave. If i put my paypal up please send casheros to compensate my out of pocket expenses.
is this confidential / anonymous?

Reactions: 12
To be fair, I'm amazed Harold even agreed to attend a mortgage appointment with her after such a short relationship.

• Heart
Reactions: 34
Especially if she'd been as dishonest with him about her true circumstances as she has with the rest of us.

Reactions: 30
Truth: pissed it all away on sofas, sideboards and j1g

Did she not claim she was giving some to charriddeeee?
And a trip to Paris with a new girlfriend. She complained because the toilet was really close to the bed. No taking SB anywhere nice or anything.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 43
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.