Jack Monroe #329 Pooroboros

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I will make a donation to the forever home fund if Jack never uses the phrase 'poverty hangover' again

• Haha
Reactions: 46
SB, who is now 12, no longer has agency over his own decisions because she sneakily pours UHT into a glass milk bottle?

I won't bother picking apart the rest of the tweet.

View attachment 1368652

Looks like last night's UHT tweet was deleted:
View attachment 1368657
Er, what happened to the bacon-scrap lucky dip bags?

Eta - A year happened, nothing to see here, didn't check the date on the tweet. What a difference a year makes, eh? From vegan plant based to bollock sausage in the blink of an eye.

Last edited:
Reactions: 30
Hang on. This ‘batch cooking’. Wasn’t it not too long ago that she has every meal, drink and brain-fart-snack ~forensically~ planned out every week? Was that then and we’ve since morphed to now? WFK.
Why not batch cook during the week, she’s got burger all else to do. I would think there was more chance of meeting up with people or seeing sb at the weekend

Reactions: 28
Interestingly one of the people who’ve liked TD’s nailbrush tweet is a founder of marbles mag, (not) contributed to by one J. Monroe. Trouble in paradise?
It was the Breakdown magazine that Jack was meant to do a monthly column for. The founder of Marbles mag definitely sees through Jack, she even posted on these threads a while back! I like her.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 45
Here is one of Laurie Penny’s exes: (Trigger Warning rape)
That is horrific 😥 all those poor women and at least one child. A monster like that really needs to be behind bars. Too many men use their 'charm' to fly under the radar and continue abuse which they also constantly try to justify by blaming their victims. I'm not surprised but it is depressing ☹

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 28
Grunking here. Did she really write 'Smol Toms' on a shopping list?

I mean, come on, duck off.

Laurie’s CPTSD was bought on by someone taking the piss out of her in a review of her book.
Ah, everyone's favourite working class hero, who went to a 30k a year public school.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 60
Sorry if someone grabbed this already, but I think we missed it:

View attachment 1368279View attachment 1368278

Given that her most notable foray into kids' cooking so far involved carefully balancing a very hot vessel on upturned teaspoons, steaming a pudding full of allergens for hours, and ending up with something named for its resemblance to a turd, I SHAN'T be holding my breath.

(Not even touching the autism bit, that's for more knowledgeable Frauen!)
Ok I am not autistic nor related to anybody who is, ditto adhd, the premise of her crappy book was easy things to make when you feel rubbish. Now correct me if I’m wrong but parents cook for children, and surely not all autistic children will like the same food so how can you craft a book specially for them? Or am I not understanding

• Heart
Reactions: 33
Back of the net!
Batch cooked spicy spite spinach with a side order of banana bitterness and resentment radish. Petulance pears to follow. Fennel and fish finger fury next week served with mendacious mash (obvs).

View attachment 1368750
The triumphant tone is so gross. It’s basically telling all the povs that they too could manage if only they were as clever and forensic as Jack. 🤢.

• Sad
  • Sick
Reactions: 37
Sneaking UHT milk past her boy is bullshit, he'd know the difference in taste.
*whispers
I prefer UHT milk, you guyses are making me feel like I've done a poo in a bag.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 94
I was walking through Soho years ago and my lighter broke. A very hot, well dressed man walked passed smoking so I said "excuse me" and he did a sort of good natured eye roll and came over, with a very yes it's me, aren't I lovely kind of smile. I asked him for a light, used it, thanked him, gave it back and he just stood there with a strange expectant air about him. He looked a bit crestfallen when I just walked off.
This must be twenty years ago and to this day I have no idea who that man was.
My story like this is walking through Clapham Common about 10 years ago a tall, young and attractive bloke was walking toward me.
The path was busy both ways and a similar looking bloke was walking slightly in front of me in the same direction.
The bloke in front of stopped the bloke walking towards me and said 'oh excuse me, I know you must get this all the time, but can I get a picture with you please'
'Sure mate, no worries ' and he happily posed for the pic. No one else seemed bothered.
To this day I have no clue if it was an actual famous person and a genuine fan, or some stunt to get a Z list celeb a bit of publicity.

• Haha
Reactions: 40
I had no idea who LP was so went to Google and spotted her Wiki. Interestingly, she too has PTSD (although hers is CPTSD) - did Jack claim to have this before she met this woman? :unsure: Or was it never mentioned until afterwards? #genuinequestion

They do look somewhat alike, although LP is slightly "better looking" (IMHO), so I can understand them being mistaken for one another ~from a distance~ :geek:
LP is a "proper" writer though, with award nominations and stuff - something that could make a not-so-successful and definitely NOT THAT FAMOUS writer jealous. That's the extent of my knowledge and I'll stop there, or I'll end up down another twatter-style rabbit hole!o_O

Jack is a bit like Hunch: they both think they're so famous that everyone knows them, yet nobody outside their niches has even heard of them.
I dunno, on googling LP I see another face whose shins I'd like to kick.

*Disclaimer I would not actually be violent to someone on the basis of their unappealing (in my eyes) phizzog.

• Haha
Reactions: 26
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.