Jack Monroe #329 Pooroboros

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Screenshot_20220625-082404_Twitter.jpg

More proof that it's just about hitting an arbitrary spending target, not anything else.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 108
God she’s an irritating little twit isn’t she?

If I ever met her I’m going to ask if she’s Janice Battersby.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 108
I wonder what her reasoning is for buying UHT milk anyway? It's the same price per litre here (for supermarket branded) so it's not a cheaper option. It definitely has a place, but I wouldn't say economy is one of them personally. I hate that she does this stupid elaborate 'tricking' her son too. What's the point of it?

• Sad
Reactions: 46
Sorry if someone grabbed this already, but I think we missed it:

Screenshot_20220625-082741_Twitter.jpg
Screenshot_20220625-082745_Twitter.jpg

Given that her most notable foray into kids' cooking so far involved carefully balancing a very hot vessel on upturned teaspoons, steaming a pudding full of allergens for hours, and ending up with something named for its resemblance to a turd, I SHAN'T be holding my breath.

(Not even touching the autism bit, that's for more knowledgeable Frauen!)

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 89
View attachment 1368274

More proof that it's just about hitting an arbitrary spending target, not anything else.
Oh do duck off Jack, you can’t spend one month snarling about price rises and the next saying you can still do it (whatever “it” is) on £20.

Just stop with this performative crap. And you haven’t added any pet food so no it won’t be “£20, still”.

Just pack it in.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 64
Yikes, deleting photos of an animal clearly in distress because horrible meanies on the internet are pointing it out. Haven't we been here before?

• Sad
Reactions: 90
Never a tampon, mouthwash, loo roll, kitchen paper or glass cleaner on her list. Also never treats for the cat, or cat litter or a wee treat for SB either.

she said before it’s impossible to eat healthily on such a minuscule budget, then she said her meals are nutritionally balanced and she’s met nutritionists and dieticians who have told her so.

she’s also had a pop at Waitrose for adding avocados to their essential range and now shes buying avocados.

and now we have the curious incident of the unwanted meat in the night time.

none of it makes sense.

• Heart
Reactions: 87
Reactions: 24
Exactly! UHT milk is standard here, far more readily available than fresh (which most supermarkets don't stock, or if they do, they will have about 5 bottles out at the bottom of a cabinet - it's clearly not a big seller).

If you're a tea/coffee drinker, you might not want UHT (I guess? I don't drink either!) but you can use it in smoothies, and it's great for baking or cooking. Not everyone lives rurally and has easy access to stallions, so UHT milk is a good option for béchamel, for example.

All information that would be useful from a literal food expert, no?

BTW who the duck does a 5-step shopping list without a meal plan? She's planning to batch cook this weekend, but has no idea what she's batch cooking? Train the dog to do the groceries, Jack, she'll do a better job than you!
This BIB has had me 🦉🍾 - it has tickled me so much. Chapeau!

• Haha
Reactions: 29
Just explain to me what meal one would produce out of this lot? One proper meal ….

I was literally thinking about doing this …
No spare casherooney but will send you three prunes and some washed baked beans towards your outlay ❤

Just explain to me what meal one would produce out of this lot? One proper meal ….

I was literally thinking about doing this …
Think I got over excited and did a chaos but I’m sure you get my drift x

• Haha
Reactions: 19
When a dog explores a new surrounding their tail is up because they are excited.

When they are frightened they keep their tail between their legs and a close eye on the danger (extremely large cat stalking them)

But she knows everything. Because she has owned a designer dog for a couple of days.
This times a thousand. My huge beast of a hound (40kg of Lab/GS mix) looks EXACTLY like Content Dog in that pic when he is confronted by small terrier type dogs because he got attached and bit by one once and remembers. It’s so very sad. First week and we are already pining for the poor thing. She can’t look after herself - never mind a puppy.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 49
Never a tampon, mouthwash, loo roll, kitchen paper or glass cleaner on her list. Also never treats for the cat, or cat litter or a wee treat for SB either.

she said before it’s impossible to eat healthily on such a minuscule budget, then she said her meals are nutritionally balanced and she’s met nutritionists and dieticians who have told her so.

she’s also had a pop at Waitrose for adding avocados to their essential range and now shes buying avocados.

and now we have the curious incident of the unwanted meat in the night time.

none of it makes sense.
If you go back to the ridiculous list Jack put avacadoes on it.
Small point I know, but she's such an idiot for a literal wordsmith.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 41
Jack Monroe - dog whisperer

she hasn’t a clue, just has to contradict all the dissenting squigs that she knows it all. If you don’t want comments on your dog ownership or your dog - don’t post them for content! Toot bleeping toot.
I don't get why she chose to post this particular photo (for the second time, mind you), unless it's to wind people up.

• Sad
Reactions: 33
How am I waking up to another chaos. I bet she is raging she can’t go to Glastonbury

I don’t know much about animals but I know a sad doggo when I see one.

• Sad
Reactions: 30
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.