Jack Monroe #329 Pooroboros

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
View attachment 1368441
Imagine being jacks accountant. Sounds like she’s implying that a vest is somehow a business purchase?! By jack logic, I tweeted = I did some work. I wonder if the performative £20 shops are done so she can claim her weekly shopping is a business expense 🤔
Won’t use clubcards to give Mr Evil Tesco her data (missing out on money off promotions and vouchers) but will happily sign up to Asda with her email address for all receipts 🧐

• Haha
Reactions: 52
Back to yesterday, Jack must be bleeping insufferable to serve at Asda.
Can you imagine that looming over you making sure you’re making out the receipt ‘properly’ and staring you dead in the face like
😃
Fully expecting you to leap from your chair and cry “By gord! As I live and breathe! It’s only the famous Jack Mon-bloody-roe!”

• Haha
Reactions: 48
The Laurie Penny thing, this is the individual that apparently looks just like Jack, behaves similarly to Jack and people confuse them with one another... It would be Peak Jack to fancy someone that is a complete reflection of herself, no? 😂

Morning wonderful Anonymous Dickwads ❤
I had no idea who LP was so went to Google and spotted her Wiki. Interestingly, she too has PTSD (although hers is CPTSD) - did Jack claim to have this before she met this woman? :unsure: Or was it never mentioned until afterwards? #genuinequestion

They do look somewhat alike, although LP is slightly "better looking" (IMHO), so I can understand them being mistaken for one another ~from a distance~ :geek:
LP is a "proper" writer though, with award nominations and stuff - something that could make a not-so-successful and definitely NOT THAT FAMOUS writer jealous. That's the extent of my knowledge and I'll stop there, or I'll end up down another twatter-style rabbit hole!o_O

Jack is a bit like Hunch: they both think they're so famous that everyone knows them, yet nobody outside their niches has even heard of them.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 36
Can you imagine that looming over you making sure you’re making out the receipt ‘properly’ and staring you dead in the face like
😃
Fully expecting you to leap from your chair and cry “By gord! As I live and breathe! It’s only the famous Jack Mon-bloody-roe!”
The smile that never reaches the eyes, the dead shark stare, the death breath and vague whiff of sulphur and human misery.

• Haha
Reactions: 43
Oh nooo!!!!! The biggest luxury in my life is to listen to the Archers whilst having a bath. If I have to leap out to change the station i will never get over it .

Bradley Wiggins opened the Ambridge Fete once. The Slopmeister is an unknown compared to him
Bradley Wiggins is *chefs kiss*

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 23
😃
She obviously groups things together on the conveyor belt and makes the cashier ring up the sub total after each group of items has been scanned. No way the cashier did that herself. I bet she's spends ages faffing around at the checkout driving everyone in the queue nuts.

• Heart
Reactions: 31
Lurker here! Always check in on the threads but they move waaaay to quickly for me to keep up! Can anyone tell me what this was about? She comes across as so unlikeable it’s unreal 😖
F984FD1A-2BC2-41BA-B615-D31BA1BA3037.png

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 35
<deleted because I got my online MH mags confused, apologies for the chaos>

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 21
BTW who the duck does a 5-step shopping list without a meal plan? She's planning to batch cook this weekend, but has no idea what she's batch cooking? Train the dog to do the groceries, Jack, she'll do a better job than you!
Back of the net!
Batch cooked spicy spite spinach with a side order of banana bitterness and resentment radish. Petulance pears to follow. Fennel and fish finger fury next week served with mendacious mash (obvs).

1656155346046.png

• Haha
Reactions: 46
I had no idea who LP was so went to Google and spotted her Wiki. Interestingly, she too has PTSD (although hers is CPTSD) - did Jack claim to have this before she met this woman? :unsure: Or was it never mentioned until afterwards? #genuinequestion
Laurie’s CPTSD was bought on by someone taking the piss out of her in a review of her book.

• Haha
  • Angry
Reactions: 74

They do look somewhat alike, although LP is slightly "better looking" (IMHO), so I can understand them being mistaken for one another ~from a distance~ :geek:
LP is a "proper" writer though, with award nominations and stuff - something that could make a not-so-successful and definitely NOT THAT FAMOUS writer jealous. That's the extent of my knowledge and I'll stop there, or I'll end up down another twatter-style rabbit hole!o_O

Jack is a bit like Hunch: they both think they're so famous that everyone knows them, yet nobody outside their niches has even heard of them.
LP is also a lesbian who is married to a man.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 37
Lol at her comment she doesn't have a meal plan yet. She wants congratulations for doing a shop for less than £20 with no plan or thought to how practical that shop will be for the purpose of actually making meals ? I mean she may as well just buy £20 worth of wagon wheels ! Great going hope that's a tip in the new book
She also mentioned using the milk man (perhaps using is the wrong word... o_O poor man) so THAT cost also needs to be added in to her cheapo budgeto!
Blimey, by the time she's added in the milk man, Tesco, late night Tesco Express rescues, dog food, cat food/litter, toiletries etc, her weekly shop must be nearer £100 than it is to £20!

Reactions: 31
A bit late to the party, but going back to the tattoos - I'm sure I saw a cotton reel in one photo. I think on the back of her arm, so you don't see it very often. It stuck in my memory because I remember wondering why on earth someone would get a tattoo of a cotton reel! But maybe there's some hidden symbolism, and I'm about to be enlightened by more knowledgeable Frauen.
More than likely she flipped thru the book and said, that one, that one, and that one

• Haha
Reactions: 21
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.