Jack Monroe #328 Something went wrong. Try again.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I have a fairly unusual full name. There are only two of us that I know of, and the other one doesn't have much of an online presence. I did a check a few years back not expecting to find anything and discovered that someone had given my name to their original character in their multi-chapter, extremely explicit Harry Potter fan fiction 😭
If you goggle me name I am either a Dr in America or a psychologist in America. So I think I am ok 😊

• Haha
Reactions: 26
I genuinely think I've broken myself laughing so hard this afternoon. She's such a balloon and you lads are so funny. I've had to take gaviscon and ibuprofen.

Seriously though. She can't be claiming that she's skint whilst buying a puppy with all the expense that will follow.

I assume she got the pup from a breeder so unless they insisted she have the puppy for free #gifted as they declared her The Bestest Dog Mom Ever, she paid ££££. I'm certain if the pup came via a rescue she'd be telling the world about it. And even then rescues have an adoption fee of a couple of hundred pounds at least. More for desirable puppies.

• Haha
Reactions: 34
.my ex sister in law always had her hand out, he father was wealthy, ran his own business, she had two brothers, they worked very hard for their dad. Her not so much. When he died sh was shocked to discover, that all her handouts, car etc etc, had been deducted from her third share. She was not happy
Well done that man. It’s only fair for lifetime gifts to be considered part of the estate when balancing between siblings.
But I don’t understand the issue if you had it earlier you had it earlier.
Yes! I know exactly what you mean, especially the bit in bold.

on topic, did we see this list of girls’ names?

View attachment 1364889

omg, and this…

View attachment 1364890
I think I’ve said before but ovaries shouldn’t make noises.
And like duck you can pronounce all those first time.

• Haha
Reactions: 39
Feel like the most negative person in the world on this thread but honestly can’t recommend setting Google alerts up for yourself enough, tbh. It’s entirely free and really useful service.

Everyone should have control on their digital footprint tbh and everyone should have the right to request things are deleted. Lots of normal non famous people work jobs where PR statements will go out with their names in, obituary sites will put ur full gov name on it for reasons unclear, etc etc. It’s better to find it the day or week of rather than 7 years down the line when you’ll struggle to get it taken down 🤷🏻‍♀️ This stuff matters especially when you’re applying for competitive jobs…
I’ve got a super common name (my surname isn’t really Aeroplane) and just imagining the number of Google alerts I’d have to deal with is already giving me insomnia for later on tonight, argh!

but for people with less common names, yes you’re probably right x

• Haha
Reactions: 30
I think there’s stiff competition for the worst Jack tbh - someone said a few threads ago it’s a blessing of sorts that she doesn’t seem to actively engage with Irish/Northern Irish politics and for that I think we can all be grateful. Comes to something when her inane wittterings about baby names on Twitter are better then the alternative though!
Oh yes dear heart. I was just doing a little riff (in Monroe parlance) on an Alan Partridge quote ❤

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 21
I'm sure Jack's protestant Northern Irish ma was delighted with those name suggestions
Honestly, Jack's list - especially Saoirse(!) - may be the smoking gun I needed to confirm my theory that she is just too thick to understand anything about NI.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 83
Before I married I had the same full name as a singer. Back in the mid 2000s I had a BBC news ticker for the new headlines across my computer screen which said: "Secretsu dies suddenly at home her manager says..."
And for just a minute I thought, did i?! :unsure:

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 83
There is some poor sod out there with this name. I bet they don't have a google alert set up.
There’s one on Twitter a fair bit. Doesn’t look like he’s on the food industry WhatsApp group either. Into finance. Seems pretty serious. Doesn’t look like any PayPal links in bio

• Haha
Reactions: 20
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.