Jack Monroe #325 She facetuned THE SKY

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Let's not knock Jack, she is quite the inventor

Just last week she discovered if you Facetune a photo of the sky you've already Facetuned, you can Facetune it back to normal!

Or whatever counts for normal in Monroeville
I love her first obstacle given after the revelation that "I can't afford that" is literally "I'd have to work my ass off"

That's where the problems begin and indeed end.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 64
So I went on NatWest mortgage calculator.
i put in my salary (just over 36k), I have no debt and a monthly commitment of £25 for my mobile.
If I had a deposit of 55k (10% based on what Jack wants to buy my maximum property budget is £209k - of which the bank would lend up to £154k.
How much is Jack earning that she could SAVE for this in 3 years?!

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 81
I haven't looked at the house online for a while but seeing the pics again remind me that is a really lovely house. It definitely needs some modernisation internally regarding the energy system but it has huge rooms, many rooms, period features and of course the lovely big garden. If LL sells now she will get close to if not just over 1 mil. The location is ideal too. Clueless spoilt brat Jack. I grew up in a dingy inner city flat with no garden and drug addicted neighbours. Such a great place for a child. Jack's a bleep, she was lucky to get that rental approved.
Wow, if that's the case, it has ~literally~ doubled in price in 4 years. Wow.

Reactions: 31
What happened to the ‘small house’ she needed for her and SB. In 3 years he’ll be about 15 and possibly gone 3 years after that (and he’s probably not living there anyway).

Reactions: 47
Why does she need 550K anyway?

I just don’t understand. Sorry, maybe coming from ‘up north’ skews my views (being facetious fraus, we all know about the pockets around Alderley Edge and Gosforth 😏), but why can’t she buy somewhere for slightly less?
From Right Move-

Properties in Thorpe Bay had an overall average price of £594,841 over the last year.

The majority of sales in Thorpe Bay during the last year were detached properties, selling for an average price of £792,029. Flats sold for an average of £219,178, with semi-detached properties fetching £618,278.

She's gone for the average I'm thinking.

• Wow
Reactions: 41
She so rude to the squigs. They're only trying to help, Jacqui!

I hate it when she shuts down every single suggestion. Why ask the question in the first place you attention seeking vortex if you don't want any answers?

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 51
The last few days have been really spiralling. Either that conference gave her one massive ego boost or something is brewing.

Either way, I have a horrid feeling when reading her tweets at the moment. They just aren’t pleasant. It makes me feel like I want to have a shower after a long walk in the sun, that kind of unpleasantness.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 60
Christ alive. I know we knew this but 60,000 over 3.5 years is close to 1.5k a month. What ‘single parent’ can afford that?! That’s why you’re eating value beans and pasta, jacko.

Reactions: 48
The last few days have been really spiralling. Either that conference gave her one massive ego boost or something is brewing.

Either way, I have a horrid feeling when reading her tweets at the moment. They just aren’t pleasant. It makes me feel like I want to have a shower after a long walk in the sun, that kind of unpleasantness.
And she's made Lanie break out the bad swears, these are not good signs.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 40
If she can ‘afford’ £550k, there’s literally a 4 bed detached in Thorpe Bay on Rightmove at the moment. Quick Jack, get snapping!

• Haha
Reactions: 40
Either she's completely delusional and has no idea what she's talking about OR she's earning way more than she's claiming to her various followers/pay pigs. Which is it?

• Sad
Reactions: 58
550k mortgage in a couple of years?! Guessing the hefty loan means something from the Bank of Mum and Dad...
Mortgage lenders require proof of origin of the deposit, ain’t no way it’ll be a loan. It would have to be gifted, with a letter confirming it’s a gift. So, even if Ma and Pa H have an informal arrangement with Jack that their contribution to her deposit is a repayable loan, legally it won’t be recoverable as they’d have had to state they gifted it. (I won’t speculate as to whether or not she would screw over family.)

But wow, £550k is quite something. 3-beds with parking and garden go for £300k-£325k in a lot of the rest of the town. Some even with walking distance of the main food bank so she could actually go and do that regular volunteering at last! If she wasn’t a snob, she would be able to buy somewhere much, much more affordable.

Reactions: 55
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.