Jack Monroe #325 She facetuned THE SKY

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Why does she need 550K anyway?

I just don’t understand. Sorry, maybe coming from ‘up north’ skews my views (being facetious fraus, we all know about the pockets around Alderley Edge and Gosforth 😏), but why can’t she buy somewhere for slightly less?
She doesn't, she's a snob and the sort of area she's in now is the only one she could countenance to live in.

I live in the SE and prices are high, but half a mil is not the average price in most areas. If she could bring herself to move to a less-affluent part of town I'm sure she could get a nice terrace for £180-250 if Essex is anything like where i am (still a lot of money, but surely affordable to her given she's seemingly only a couple of years away from affording £550?!)

Reactions: 50
And in only a couple of years she'd possibly have enough saved for a deposit on a property worth half a million quid, but still she lives on el cheapo baked beans? Hmm ... something smells orf. Must be that manky fish off the reduced shelf.

• Haha
Reactions: 45
I wonder how much of her projections are based on her Patreon income steadily continuing.
I’d bleeping LOVE it if her Patreons all cancelled.

• Haha
Reactions: 58
Still, it sounds like some of dinner will be green and red rather than brown. So that's nice.

• Haha
Reactions: 37
She doesn't, she's a snob and the sort of area she's in now is the only one she could countenance to live in.

I live in the SE and prices are high, but half a mil is not the average price in most areas. If she could bring herself to move to a less-affluent part of town I'm sure she could get a nice terrace for £180-250 if Essex is anything like where i am (still a lot of money, but surely affordable to her given she's seemingly only a couple of years away from affording £550?!)
No, because there are two separate train lines taking Southenders to London in less than an hour, these days it’s a relatively expensive place to live (especially compared to private sector salaries in the local area, which are tit) - it’ll be £300k+ for a 3-bed house, even a terrace. You could get a nice 3-bed flat for less, but then you have the attendant issues of flat maintenance and dealing with freeholder etc.

Reactions: 34
Behind so everyone has probably moved on BUT Landlady isn't really a term used now for property ownership. Like Actress isn't.
A Landlady runs a pub.
Male and female property owners who rent them out are Landlords.
Sorry but apparently a massive bugbear for me....that I absolutely didn't realise until today 🤣

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 43
Okaaaaay then. It's Father's Day tomorrow. I looked at getting a lamb or beef joint for Sunday roast as they are my OH's favourites (he exists). Too expensive unfortunately. No way it could be done on a £20/week shop.
She'll be eating a roast beef Monster Munch butty dipped in Marmite.

• Haha
Reactions: 39
Bingo! It wouldn't be a Jack week without the prompt to "Buy me a bleeping house, you turds!" Embarrassingly transparent.
How are the Patreon figures this month, chum?

1655578793261.png

Hahaha to the model tenant who pays her rent etc, soil myself to the "press, please don't run this as a story". You've posted to the world and his landlord for that exact purpose.

FTFY:

dinner lamb.png

• Haha
Reactions: 57
Behind so everyone has probably moved on BUT Landlady isn't really a term used now for property ownership. Like Actress isn't.
A Landlady runs a pub.
Male and female property owners who rent them out are Landlords.
Sorry but apparently a massive bugbear for me....that I absolutely didn't realise until today 🤣
I respectfully disagree. I was a landlady until last Friday when I sold my property. There was no ‘lord’ involved in the ownership of my property, nor in the financial decision making involved in selling it or buying it, or contributing to the mortgage, insurance, general maintenance work whilst I rented it out.

Reactions: 45
I respectfully disagree. I was a landlady until last Friday when I sold my property. There was no ‘lord’ involved in the ownership of my property, nor in the financial decision making involved in selling it or buying it, or contributing to the mortgage, insurance, general maintenance work whilst I rented it out.
Fair enough if that's your experience. Doesn't really matter I suppose.
But I've not heard Landlady being used by anyone in my company for over 5 years. 🤷‍♀️

Reactions: 11
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.