Jack Monroe #325 She facetuned THE SKY

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Just had a look, Jack’s back garden is pretty much North facing so the big eucalyptus tree definitely blocks out light in the adjacent tennis courts for most of the year. The tree is also close enough for its roots to cause cracks or humps in the tennis court surfaces.

• Wow
Reactions: 39
Dear Landlady,
I wrote you but still ain't callin'
I left my cell, my pager, and my home phone at the bottom
I sent two letters back in autumn, you must not've got 'em
There probably was a problem at the post office or somethin'

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 94
My second thread title. I am honoured, truly I am. You can keep the prizes though 😂 I’d love to say something witty but it’s early, I’m tired and have 22 pages to grunk 😑

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 47
Can we sue her for libel as we neither stink nor want her to stop eating/breathing

happy to use my PayPal to collect funds for the action 😉

• Haha
Reactions: 59
Do you think maybe she is actually paranoid enough to believe we/anyone wants her to stop breathing? Or does she realise she is exaggerating? She clearly not well mentally at the moment - does that extend to paranoia? If taken seriously I'm not surprised someone did a safe and well check on her.

• Heart
Reactions: 46
Just had a look, Jack’s back garden is pretty much North facing so the big eucalyptus tree definitely blocks out light in the adjacent tennis courts for most of the year. The tree is also close enough for its roots to cause cracks or humps in the tennis court surfaces.
It’s also leaning sideways, which lays weight to the theory it might fall over at some point. She’s an idiot.

Reactions: 37
But she's still not happy. That's the issue. She's got more than most and she's still miserable

I'm not suggesting that she feels guilty about being on the grift but she's incredibly spiky.

My mum has helped me out over the years when I've had duck all and I've never been able to repay her properly my mum I mean. But when I've had a four figure sum to spare it's gone right in her bank account. That's because I appreciate everything she did for me when I had absolutely zero and I do not think the world owes me. My mum has also helped my brother out when he was working but not earning loads. She helped him buy a car and he was delighted.

Its all one way with her. Take take take. Taking cash from strangers is obscene and she knows it and that's why she's lashing out. She knows how selfish she is

She is actually raging that she pays 1.5k in rent a month when her followers pay it. She is utterly obscene.

For context I was a council tenant for over 20 years and working and I paid rent because I couldn't afford to buy on my wages..That's what you do when you do when you don't own your own home

She thinks she's special when she really isn't. She cooks slop so she should be able to get a mortgage.
It makes me wonder if it's the cognitive dissonance which is causing her atrocious behaviour and lashing out as all Jack has is constant reminders of her grifting and lies rather than any specific achievements..

Also editing to add that a first time buyer rarely spends half a million on a property- it's more like around £120k+ and then through improving the property, etc they can then sell and get up the next rung, and so forth. Unless you ARE privileged and wealthy then your ladder becomes an easy escalator to a half million property from the start- it can't be both :unsure:

Last edited:
Reactions: 46
It’s also leaning sideways, which lays weight to the theory it might fall over at some point. She’s an idiot.
That tree has clearly been pollarded in the past. Maybe the owner just wants to cut it back to lower its height and reduce the likelihood that it will blow over in a storm.

I still think the tennis club have complained.

• Heart
Reactions: 59
TPO Jack is probably one of my least enjoyable Jacks (not hated like ED or sober Jack) but just WTAF Jack?

Trees have TPOs on them for valid reasons. A tenant can’t just whack one on because she/he/they want to keep the tree to post thirsty selfies underneath it.

Trees (generally) are felled for valid reasons. She won’t be privy to those because (even though this might be news to her) there are things that go on with the house that she doesn’t know about.

This whole Twitter thread is just another piece of evidence to show that everything revolves around Jack and she is sitting in that house blissfully unaware of her huge, bloated privilege. That tree might be causing problems for the landlord or another property. That wouldn’t even cross her mind. That tree might limit how easily the bungalow could sell. That wouldn’t cross her mind either. As long as Jack gets to keep “her tree” that’s all that matters in Jackland.

I cannot get over the fact she needs to save for 550k. That is an immense budget even for where she is living. I cannot comprehend it. She doesn’t need to spend that and the fact she does makes me feel that she thinks she is owed a lovely property worth that money. How many people will even live in half mill properties? Didn’t she think what saying that sounded like? If she has that to spare (or had it) where has it been going all these years?

I am sorry to keep going on about this but the way she is building her days up to a year is just horrific. Is she expecting everyone on Twitter to clap because she has been building it up for the last month? Surely it will make those people who are a different stage of their journey feel bad because they haven’t got to day 356 or whatever? What happens when she gets to one year? Will that token make her feel like a different person? Will the days feel easier?

I am sorry for the long post. Was in a place yesterday that made me realise that she really is a horror sometimes ❤.

• Heart
Reactions: 74
I feel like chaossing is now her default mode and she is not doing well. The week before is only stopped because she was whisked away to the Biesbosch.

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 45
I am sure many of us have said she needs serious intervention . She's unwell, everything on here is gossip taken from her own tweets. Some of us are actually professionals in the field of the nonsense she spouts and are merely correcting her from giving out often false information.

My background is animals and when thekittenwas around I knew right away what was up and it's potential diagnosis/ prognosis. The same goes for the rest of us who merely use our jobs/ studies to say no, pet that's not right, bur she cannot handle it. Nobody on here wishes her harm but honestly wishes that she would seek help and find a away to Improve herself to make life easier for her.

No one asks her to be a saviour and to be honest she is not very good at it. She could have possibly done something if she had of went to that Rally yesterday and stood up for what she claims to believe in, but no she stayed home and rambled about a tree that is not her concern( despite how much she likes it) Nobody is to blame for her predicament but herself and the sooner she realises that she needs to work on herself and not blame others for her issues that happier she will become.

Also

lorax vibes all round yesterday

• Heart
Reactions: 49
The thing with the tree as well is that it's normal to be bummed out if a tree you like is going to be cut. I didn't like my neighbours cutting down one in their garden either.

It's how she goes about it. Weirdly nog asking her landlady about the reason, but instead identifying where the landlady lives on the internet to a multi-thousand following. Making herself and her mental health ('I meditate with the tree!') victim on the circumstances, instead of approaching it like an adult human being.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 57
I have to agree with you. I also felt the way she said she was “fizzing” for the year anniversary of her sobriety was a bit off.

Please, please correct me if I am wrong here, but it just seemed as though she was being childishly excited (as though it was something that she was going to show off about) for this milestone, rather than it being an intrinsic event that would be celebrated internally, without fanfare.
She's probably planning some viral twitter thread, complete with before and after pictures, to mark the occasion.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 45
The account Jack was replying to no longer exists.
Screenshot 2022-06-19 at 08.13.59.png

Someone helpfully pointing out what the "trashy little website" is though.

Screenshot 2022-06-19 at 08.13.09.png

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 90
It makes me wonder if it's the cognitive dissonance which is causing her atrocious behaviour and lashing out as all Jack has is constant reminders of her grifting and lies rather than any specific achievements..

Also editing to add that a first time buyer rarely spends half a million on a property- it's more like around £120k+ and then through improving the property, etc they can then sell and get up the next rung, and so forth. Unless you ARE privileged and wealthy then your ladder becomes an easy escalator to a half million property from the start- it can't be both :unsure:
A quick look on Rightmove shows there’s no 2-bed flats in the town below £200k that aren’t either genuinely crappy/horrible/in rough areas where I wouldn’t walk around after dark on my own; aren’t dodgy office block conversions (hundreds have been done in the town within the last few years, hard to get mortgages on and often overheat in summer so they’re mostly BTL “investments”); or auction-only (unmortgageable). There’s a shared ownership one for £125k but they can be very hard to get financing for if you’re self-employed. £120k would have got you a nice 1-bed in Southend 8-10 years ago, but not 2 bedrooms for a long old while now (you’d need upwards of £200k at the moment for a 2-bed that isn’t all the above things).
Definitely not a Jack defender but £120k is not realistic for FTB in Southend, and I wouldn’t want her to be forced to a different area away from whatever small support network she does have, she’s not well already.

• Heart
Reactions: 40
Wanging on about the rent she’s paid over the years isn’t the flex she thinks it is.

Most of us can tot up an estimate of the cash we’ve had to pony up for rent and despite being so skint she still can afford to pay more rent than I do!

Make it make sense! 👀
She's one of those parents who would tot up the amount it took to raise her child and then present them with a bill for it come their 18th birthday.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 53
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.