Jack Monroe #325 She facetuned THE SKY

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Sorry that wasn’t me being rude! The market is ever changing so who’s to know unless you’re a literal broker or reading T&Cs for fun. Banks are freaking out atm, we were applying for a product only to be told it was withdrawn the day before because the (mainstream) lender didn’t want anymore xyz on their books. Mortgage valuations are knocking double digit %s off of agent valuations. The stamp duty holiday has made valuations really hard for everyone tbh. It’s hard out there at the mo and if she really is meeting with advisors or brokers they should be telling her all of this. Moreover she’s not got time on her side if she wants to take advantage of the 35 year mortgage terms given to FTB to help with affordability checks/manageable monthly repayments.

Also we’ve not even mentioned stamp duty in all of this, she’ll get some discount for being a FTB but then it’s another 5% (I think?) over £xk on top! Then legal fees, moving fees… like unless she has a huge lifestyle overhaul or meets someone earning well her buying anything much less a £530k property is an unlikely scenario.
That being said, she could always just let that mortgage advisor touch her feet and bish bash bosh. What you moaning for Jack? Not many of us have the option to slip off our shoes in the bank for credit. Privilege.

• Haha
Reactions: 56
I have the description, I have the picture, but I still can't make sense of this meal
It's called vile. Spelt vomit inducing!

I paid rent on all my uni houses. I don't begrudge the money and I was poor. I needed a house... I had to get a job, whilst I studied. 7 days a weeker here. 5 days uni 2 days work as well as extra hours as and when I could.

• Haha
Reactions: 32
Wanging on about the rent she’s paid over the years isn’t the flex she thinks it is.

Most of us can tot up an estimate of the cash we’ve had to pony up for rent and despite being so skint she still can afford to pay more rent than I do!

Make it make sense! 👀

• Heart
Reactions: 54
If you drink 0.5% OSH and kombucha then this isn’t true hun. Sorry.

A1B4BF81-0717-46C8-817A-B32FB2C63AA5.jpeg

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 44
One thing Jack fails to realise is the Landlady may simply not want to sell to her in particular. They way she has behaved and treated her mother's house she might want Jack gone.

My auntie owned a house in a set of 4 terraces in the country and a rich family owned the other 3. They were desperate to acquire hers and remodel it as one large house but as they had been utter arseholes to her and my uncle during his unsuccessful cancer battle she refused to sell to them even when they offered her double the asking price. Of course, the person who bought that off her could then sell but it was the principle.

Jack inadvertantly pricing herself out of the market with a self imposed bellend tax.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 72
She's not bothered. Not at all. Due a big inheritance to keep her later on. In the meantime the patreon income will still keep rolling in. They are too rich to bother watching another twenty pounds or so going out every month.
She's made. Done it.

• Angry
Reactions: 43
BBC getting it wrong again. It’s a cost of conservative crisis🙄
Funny how Jack wasn’t mentioning this protest today. You’d think she might want to spread the word.
Oh, that’s right! She’s the only campaigner worth mentioning. Her frame of reference, and the squigs frame of reference is so narrow that they honestly believe she’s the only one rattling the can about this issue.
Workers take to London's streets amid cost of living crisis https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-61846871

• Angry
  • Heart
Reactions: 42
She's not bothered. Not at all. Due a big inheritance to keep her later on. In the meantime the patreon income will still keep rolling in. They are too rich to bother watching another twenty pounds or so going out every month.
She's made. Done it.
But she's still not happy. That's the issue. She's got more than most and she's still miserable

I'm not suggesting that she feels guilty about being on the grift but she's incredibly spiky.

My mum has helped me out over the years when I've had duck all and I've never been able to repay her properly my mum I mean. But when I've had a four figure sum to spare it's gone right in her bank account. That's because I appreciate everything she did for me when I had absolutely zero and I do not think the world owes me. My mum has also helped my brother out when he was working but not earning loads. She helped him buy a car and he was delighted.

Its all one way with her. Take take take. Taking cash from strangers is obscene and she knows it and that's why she's lashing out. She knows how selfish she is

She is actually raging that she pays 1.5k in rent a month when her followers pay it. She is utterly obscene.

For context I was a council tenant for over 20 years and working and I paid rent because I couldn't afford to buy on my wages..That's what you do when you do when you don't own your own home

She thinks she's special when she really isn't. She cooks slop so she should be able to get a mortgage.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 35
The thing I love is when she says .y money is my business. She's right, it is, so why does she feel the need to share what she spends it on. If she didn't tell the squigs they wouldn't know.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 47
I wish someone would pay for her to come to Dewsbury. It's nothing like where she lives, that's for sure. She would be off as quick as her performative costume would take her.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 39
Not to be all Fight Club about it but

I am Jack's unreliable sense of entitlement. Ugh the bile
I am Jack's lack of motherhood. That one hurts
I am Jack.

I'm not really. I'm actually happy to work on Monday and have a personality that's mine, flawed as that is.

Don't trust anyone who tries to be a friend to everybody. Monroe needs more scathing anger at the Tories. Like, platform, ffs. Use what you got

Me? Been out today. Saw a good friend. My non political problems go away when I'm not online. I have privilege and I try to remember it.

Jack would be interesting if she had no Internet for a month. Possibly be too much to hope she gets real and humble like most the mothers I've ever met.

She'd sing the classic musical scale:
Do
Re
ME

Music tutor: what about the rest of the scale?

Jack: it ends at Me baby

SB: (I don't want to comment on a child, especially one wielded like a weapon. Sod off back to Amsterdam or whatever, Jack, I just hope one of your dark secrets is a loving babysitter. You have so many holibobs I question your loyalty to the cause. What cause? Uh, humans with families who live on planet earth)

Reactions: 19
When she says.... her money is no one's business....it kinda is if she's promising stuff on Patreon snd not delivering, and shielding income from tax .

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 54
But she's still not happy. That's the issue. She's got more than most and she's still miserable

I'm not suggesting that she feels guilty about being on the grift but she's incredibly spiky.

My mum has helped me out over the years when I've had duck all and I've never been able to repay her properly my mum I mean. But when I've had a four figure sum to spare it's gone right in her bank account. That's because I appreciate everything she did for me when I had absolutely zero and I do not think the world owes me. My mum has also helped my brother out when he was working but not earning loads. She helped him buy a car and he was delighted.

Its all one way with her. Take take take. Taking cash from strangers is obscene and she knows it and that's why she's lashing out. She knows how selfish she is
She’ll never be happy as her juvenile expectations of what her life should be will never be met. If she got everything she says she wants tomorrow it wouldn’t take long for her to be unhappy because she wants more. She doesn’t have inner happiness and won’t because she is always looking for external validation and material things to make her happy.

She reminds me so much of an ex. She was really bad with money and when I asked her did she not want to sort out her finances so she could have some stability for her kid she replied that she didn’t need to because she would inherit a load when her parents died 😳 Also when I pointed out that both of her Grandmothers lived to be 95 she said that her Mum wouldn’t because she was an unhealthy, overweight, smoker.

Some people are inherently selfish and only care about themselves and their own needs and wishes.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 44
I knew her landlady lived nearby, but I didn't realise it was right across from her, or that it was her mother's house.

One of my brothers lives in our childhood house. He's got a young family so of course it needed decorating, new bathrooms etc. so obviously it's changed from the house it was when I lived there, but it's no less loved or cared for.

But if I turned up to find he'd been slagging it off and generally treating it appallingly, I'd be heartbroken. Imagine living across the road from your mother's house and having to watch someone treating it like crap and bitching about how crappy it is on Twitter? Jack's an ungrateful mare.
Also the sheer co-inky-dink of the daughter buying a house right opposite her mother's. jk it's all bullshit and she's done this in a bid to start us mithering and then blame it all on us, as though we're the doxxers. Soz am behind so you're doubtless all discussing a brand new chaos. But while I'm here, re. her newest tweet - if you're just under a year sober and you're the secretary of your local AA meetings and you're some sort of self-appointed advisor to people struggling with alcohol addictions, perhaps take a moment to think about the wisdom of tweeting about hanging on to your sobriety by a thread.

• Heart
Reactions: 60
I honestly hope that her landlady serves her a legal order to get Jack out after this lease runs out and does it the right way as she's a selfish twit. Ends

• Heart
Reactions: 28
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.