Jack Monroe #323 Two mini breaks in two months, what in the Budget Jones's Diary is going on?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Christ if The Conference (not “conference) is over, is she now loose on the streets of Glasgow? How close to the station is Five Guys? Isn’t scotrail having a moment and ceasing all inter city services at about 6.05pm please god let the Avanti West Coast line be running all evening, and deliver Celerytown from an extra visit this afternoon. In the name of the Canal, the slop and holy brown pov boots, amen

• Haha
Reactions: 32
Well … I think you’ve got the gist from Twitter. I expect Jack will be feeling pretty good about that, she went down very well. It was in the format of an interview on stage, with a couple of q’s taken from twitter at the end.

tattle got a mention! She made reference to a gossip site that’s obsessed with her, in response to a question about how she copes with the abuse she gets.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 88
The whole thing was really the greatest hits of Jack. Everything you’ve heard before. VBI is nearly ready and will be signed off and sanctioned by the ONS who she has weekly meetings with apparently.

oh and she described Eamon Holmes as her ‘telly dad’ and said he was lovely, and had given her career advice early on saying could do both food and politics, the way he did news and sport.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 91
A 1000 mile round trip in 24hrs also gives the lie to her autistic pretentions too. I’m really “high-functioning” (yes I dislike the functioning labels but accept them for ease of others’ understanding) and can plan journeys with my kids and all that. But just thinking about all the steps involved and all the changes and transitions in a trip to the Netherlands followed by a return home followed by an immediate trip to Scotland is giving me butterflies. Even if I was with someone I trusted to have my back the whole way in case anything went wrong. Especially a trip where I am giving a presentation to a professional/expert audience. I would have a total shutdown if I tried to do all that travelling - and again, I’m a high-functioning autistic woman, just about able to balance kids and a proper job. (It is very hard, and it means I don’t do a huge amount of other stuff except see close friends, but I’m proud of myself anyway.)

But yeah I and every other actually diagnosed autistic person I know would need some quiet peaceful time to recuperate in between all those transitions. It’s not normal to be that ok with so much change and difference and pressure if you’re not at home, if you’re actually autistic. Most of us would need a LOT of preparation for anything like that (like, a visit to the Scottish venue a couple of weeks in advance), and many of us would need someone we trust along for the ride. Otherwise we just wouldn’t be able to navigate all the changes and transitions.

I already did not believe Jack has been diagnosed autistic, and I especially do not believe it today. I believe she has most likely self-diagnosed based on the fact people don’t like her, because it’s an easy label to give yourself to look special to a sympathetic audience. You just need to proclaim you’re different and people believe you, because genuine understanding of the real yet unseen challenges of autism is generally very lacking amongst the general public. Jack seems to think being socially awkward is all you need for the label. It’s not. (But as I said before, if she was to be fully assessed by a psychiatrist, and if she was capable of being honest about what’s inside her head, I believe she’d end up with other labels. I can see why she wouldn’t want to get assessed properly.) It would be a very uncomfortable thing facing up to the fact that your problems are caused by you.
Grunking but babe, same.

ActuallyAuDI went to Butlins, a 2 hour drive away with my kids (actually single muvva too) and needed 3 fucken days to recover from it.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
Right, what do we think? Will she go straight to Five Guys and then onto the train or will she take Janey Godley up on her invite?

• Haha
Reactions: 27
she described Eamon Holmes as her ‘telly dad’
That's odd, seeing that she was shitting all over Eamon's current employer gbnews and how she refuses interview requests for the channel

• Haha
Reactions: 43
Oh Jack, if only you knew how many people in the cabal are volunteers who work with people in times of crisis. We do far more than you ever have and ever will.

• Heart
Reactions: 68
She also said volunteers every week at her local food bank but doesn’t like to broadcast it

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 80
You need an unpaid assistant Jack. Hopefully SB joins a union.

View attachment 1344675
This has really riled me, why should anyone work for free?? What right does Jack have to ask people to work for nothing? People don’t have the time or money to do this people have bills! I understand that people volunteer at charity’s but Jack isn’t a charity! This squig has right peeved me off! 😡😡🤬🤬

• Angry
  • Heart
Reactions: 45
She gained 200 followers whilst that talk was on. So everyone that was so enthralled by her today will get to see her next nasty pile on and see her repeat her favourite phrases often. They may even be lucky enough to get a close up of her food 🧐.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 38
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.