Jack Monroe #322 Mr T Roll and the Mitty Bungalow Mystery

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
According to the Github, this appears to be the entirety of the VBI so far:
Listening to LBC recently, I have heard a presenter talk about his weekly shopping checkup. Each week he checks the price of 12 items in a basket. I think he has milk, bread, apples, cheese etc, basically 12 highly bought items.

He has a snazzy name for this item, so snazzy that I can’t remember it! But he just does a weekly check up on how much that basket will cost.

A simple, effective way to cost check the increase in prices. He has been doing it for a while now. Sometimes there is no increase.

This is something Jack could have done, but it would require persistent and consistent effort and there isn’t a lot of rage to be had as sometimes there is no increase!

Reactions: 58
According to the Github, this appears to be the entirety of the VBI so far:
Couple more days work should see it done! 🙄

See, I had imagined Mr T Roll as Mr T’s lesser known cousin from Georgia
As an aside, Mr T (RIP) grew up in a poor household as one of 12 children. Can imagine him taking fool Jack to task 😂
My SB occasionally needs Melatonin and that must have been what they put in Mr T’s drink to get him on the plane. My son can’t speak but if he could, I’m sure his first words of the day would be “How’d I get here?”

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 47
Listening to LBC recently, I have heard a presenter talk about his weekly shopping checkup. Each week he checks the price of 12 items in a basket. I think he has milk, bread, apples, cheese etc, basically 12 highly bought items.

He has a snazzy name for this item, so snazzy that I can’t remember it! But he just does a weekly check up on how much that basket will cost.

A simple, effective way to cost check the increase in prices. He has been doing it for a while now. Sometimes there is no increase.

This is something Jack could have done, but it would require persistent and consistent effort and there isn’t a lot of rage to be had as sometimes there is no increase!
That's the thing exaclty. Every week she focusses on something else, leaving her with nothing really (well, apart from paid appearance gigs it seems)

Reactions: 32
Is this possibly squig made? There is a link at the bottom to a legitimate seeming github. Alternatively, and not to stoke an early morning Saturday chaos but, the github account in question belongs to a man who wears....hats.....
If I'm not mistaken, his profile pic could have been taken in Scotland too.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 19
Jack's platty jubes went like this

Straddling Big Dave's Big gun (so wrong on so many levels).
20220529_175353.jpg

Getting verbally spanked by Dixon of Dock Green.
20220529_175314.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: 61

Sound pretty much like what the ONS do 😂 All this reinventing the wheel.

• Haha
Reactions: 27
I'm still completely mystified by the Violet Bollocks Impulse - help!
Nothing about it makes sense...
Jack's collected thousands of shopping receipts from her insane horde of supporters
She will (presumably) tabulate all these in an excel spreadsheet or similar (or possibly some pink Bratz notebooks using glittery gel pens, when her hurty arthritic fingers allow).
She will then be in possession of loads of prices of things from ages ago.
Which will be used to ... do bleeping what?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 58
I'm still completely mystified by the Violet Bollocks Impulse - help!
Nothing about it makes sense...
Jack's colleced thousands of shopping receipts from her insane horde of supporters
She will (presumably) tabulate all these in an excel spreadsheet or similar (or possibly some pink Bratz notebooks using glittery gel pens, when her hurty arthritic fingers allow).
She will then be in possession of loads of prices of things from ages ago.
Which will be used to ... do bleeping what?
The intent is to prove that the price of "value" ranges of foods have increased by more than the published rate of inflation and, therefore, the "true" rate of inflation is higher for the poorest.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 27
Jack really is a lesson in how to waste time doing pointless tit isn’t she? Well she would be if she ever actually did the things she said she would.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 47
The intent is to prove that the price of "value" ranges of foods have increased by more than the published rate of inflation and, therefore, the "true" rate of inflation is higher for the poorest.
All the poors will have starved to death by the time she bothers to finish it. Luckily for her though, the dead can't riot.

• Haha
Reactions: 64
Jack really is a lesson in how to waste time doing pointless tit isn’t she? Well she would be if she ever actually did the things she said she would.
It's quite something. She comes up with utterly pointless ideas that for some unfathomable reason sends the squigs into a frenzy then can't be arsed doing the pointless things.

• Haha
Reactions: 37
She really is (a) insane
(b) thick as pigshit
(c) both a and b
The public rate of inflation is (by necessity) a rather crude indicator. But this is typical of Jack's extremely limited understanding of how food production, markets, and costings actually work.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 43
Bit off topic but my wife's cat is ridiculous and spends a lot of her time loudly purring combined with a rumble, and so has been renamed...you guessed it! Pumble the Cat. I hope this does not bode ill for any of the household.

Anyone else really looking forward to The Sloppies this year? We've had some excellent lies and chaoses so far and it's still only June

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 54
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.