Jack Monroe #322 Mr T Roll and the Mitty Bungalow Mystery

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Is this possibly squig made? There is a link at the bottom to a legitimate seeming github. Alternatively, and not to stoke an early morning Saturday chaos but, the github account in question belongs to a man who wears....hats.....
Looking at the link from that site to her thread when the VBI was given the thumbs up by Pratchett’s estate, she mentions coordinating “the working group”; how long after this did that become “Wah! Wah! I’m doing this on my own and I’m only one smol pixie”? Also, why specifically “four dozen spreadsheets”. Just…why?

1060B4F0-6C22-49C4-B265-C88302D4231A.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: 58
I’m sure this has already been mentioned (probably in 2021) but here is an article in the Clackton Gazette featuring Big Dave. He does seem rather keen on big guns and ammunition! 😉

Also interesting to note two comments on the article which are unpleasant about That Man. Coincidence that….

Also, just a reminder that this is Jack’s hallway…

Attachments

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 37
Family's "main kitchen" who has a secondary kitchen? Or is that what she calls the place she keeps her extra fridge?

I can never get over how her hall contrasts with how awful her kitchen always looks!

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 47
Mr T Roll might turn up on Jack’s collected shopping lists (as in loo roll).

• Haha
Reactions: 29
bleeping Hell, that website is worse than my old MySpace page 🥴 As for his GitHub profile, well… I wish I had access to my PC right now.

• Haha
Reactions: 20
I have to stop reading Tattle before I go to bed. I had a dream I was back trying to find my old house in Westcliffe but every time I thought I found it I ended up back in Big D’s home where for some reason they had incredibly technologically sophisticated super cool toys for all their foster kids. Maybe the dreams are catching and we’re all going to end up in a shared Jackiverse like that Buffy episode?!

• Haha
Reactions: 33
Family's "main kitchen" who has a secondary kitchen? Or is that what she calls the place she keeps her extra fridge?

I can never get over how her hall contrasts with how awful her kitchen always looks!
The "main kitchen" is giving me serious ed milliband vibes. 🥓

• Haha
Reactions: 29
What is Github? Is it Git Hub or Gith Oob? I need answers
I’ve always said Git Hub, but could be wrong. I’ve done 3 Web Dev courses and all of them have required me to use GitHub (along with a few others, cannot remember, sieve for a brain).

A more knowledgeable Frau will be along soon with a proper explanation, I’ve barely dipped my toe into Tech.

Reactions: 22
9EB45DEB-815A-496B-917F-16F04E8C206D.jpeg

Think I’ve found out why she’s been quiet…..she’s clearly gone over to the other side and the literal food expert has been sharing her ‘knowledge’

• Haha
Reactions: 38
A hub surrounding a git? Sounds like Jack's twitter echo chamber of squigs

• Haha
Reactions: 37
I’ve always said Git Hub, but could be wrong. I’ve done 3 Web Dev courses and all of them have required me to use GitHub (along with a few others, cannot remember, sieve for a brain).

A more knowledgeable Frau will be along soon with a proper explanation, I’ve barely dipped my toe into Tech.
As I understand it is a place where the code for websites etc sits in a way that it can be shared/accessible to everyone to enable collaboration. You can also use it to ask questions or raise issues with a site or how a feature works.

View attachment 1334706
Think I’ve found out why she’s been quiet…..she’s clearly gone over to the other side and the literal food expert has been sharing her ‘knowledge’
Will be interesting to see where she lands on this one - she apparently "worked on" the original Dimbleby review, but on the one had it forms the basis of That Man's recent campaigning and on the other she hates the Tories who have watered it down...

I'm guessing she'll go anti Tory and hope no squig points out the JO link.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 34
Don’t know if we had this from fellow frau Sue yesterday, but perhaps Jack saw it and is having a sulk
A31F5E9E-7DB2-4D41-B88B-2390913566AD.jpeg

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 62
Can someone explain the T roll thing? I’m mithering here, not getting the joke.

also isn’t it glorious having a nice chaos free break. Maybe big Dave confiscated the phones after the fuzz came round.

• Haha
Reactions: 28
Thank you for this excellent recap. This sentence in particular is a wonderful summary of Jack's work to date. You've even captured her laissez faire attitude to other people's money, it's wonderful.

Happy birthday @kachoochoo and happy going to a wedding day @Archduchess of Luxembourg I hope you both have joyful days free of chaos!

As much as Jack irritates me I do find her silence quite ominous. Like the eye of a storm. What will the next chaos be? A fall down the stairs? Round 344 of Cooper vs Brambly Mice? Another gun? Only time will tell!
I think OH has misplaced the chargers again( silly sausage that he is) whilst helping her tidy the hoarders paradise.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 28
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.