Jack Monroe #321 It's just that Jack wasn't especially cool or well liked

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Jack: I've discovered an amazing area of Glasgow that no one seems to know about! So many cute independent cafes, shops and restaurants!
The amazing area:
View attachment 1331322
Ha ha! I actually hope she arrives by rail at Glasgow Central because she'll tit herself. Sadly the area around Central Station is pretty run down, though not actually that dangerous, however it does look grim.

• Haha
Reactions: 33
Not liking the message but sending lots of love and there will always be plenty of piss taking words here whilst Madam still insists on acting like such a bleep

• Heart
Reactions: 25
Jack branches into travel writing:
As I trailed out of Glasgow Central Station, I felt tired, low and blue. A man in a suit had looked at me on the train, clearly thinking, "What is a single mother doing in first class?" I had cringed and melted into my train seat, chewing on nails and Opal Fruits as I longed to disappear. When he asked me to move my feet out of the aisle so he could move past, I knew he was really saying, "You don't belong here, go back to a DARK flat in 2010!"
But out of the murk, a sign leaped up and danced to my cracked and weary eyes. Seeing the name plastered across the sign, I thought it sounded a bit fancy and pricey, but I bit the bullet. Isn't travel all about branching out? Hurtling into the place, a fantastic smell of pastry and coffee greeted me. "Hello," smiled the woman behind the counter, with a classically Scottish expression of delight at seeing my sad little face. "Can I help you?" she gushed. Well, long story short, I was bowled over by the service in Costa Coffee Glasgow Central and would go there again in a heartbeat-

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 78
Ha ha! I actually hope she arrives by rail at Glasgow Central because she'll tit herself. Sadly the area around Central Station is pretty run down, though not actually that dangerous, however it does look grim.
It's Gordon St that's the worst really isn't it. I would piss myself laughing if she started a conversation with the folks that hang around there

She needs to launch herself into the blue lagoon at Gordon St and buy a deep fried (vegan) sausage supper

Let's see if she makes the news like Bieber did
Shed end up jumping the counter and telling them they need to deep fry peach slop or words to that effect

BTW the deep fried vegan blue lagoon supper isn't bad. Only had it once but its much better than Slop a la Monroe

• Haha
Reactions: 24
I've reset my days, it's a bad time happening here, I come to this space for the absolute joy of words, of life and of taking the piss. I've fallen over but I will get back, the AA fraus, thank you, the non-AA fraus, thank you. I just need to say this. Now if anyone likes this message, I'll come after you with my hands and feet, so get ready, Grrrr no exceptions.
Ah fuckety duck. Not liking the message but giving a solid chin lift. Keep on keeping on.

• Heart
Reactions: 40
TU rally obviously have had a lot of speakers pull out, as it's really late in the day to organise speakers for anything happening in less than 2 weeks
I wonder if the grey jumper and/or the pleather trousers will get an airing?

Under the weather?
It’s the trousers of pleather

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 42
Jack branches into travel writing:
As I trailed out of Glasgow Central Station, I felt tired, low and blue. A man in a suit had looked at me on the train, clearly thinking, "What is a single mother doing in first class?" I had cringed and melted into my train seat, chewing on nails and Opal Fruits as I longed to disappear. When he asked me to move my feet out of the aisle so he could move past, I knew he was really saying, "You don't belong here, go back to a DARK flat in 2010!"
But out of the murk, a sign leaped up and danced to my cracked and weary eyes. Seeing the name plastered across the sign, I thought it sounded a bit fancy and pricey, but I bit the bullet. Isn't travel all about branching out? Hurtling into the place, a fantastic smell of pastry and coffee greeted me. "Hello," smiled the woman behind the counter, with a classically Scottish expression of delight at seeing my sad little face. "Can I help you?" she gushed. Well, long story short, I was bowled over by the service in Costa Coffee Glasgow Central and would go there again in a heartbeat-
Please, please do an alternative version which includes a random woman screaming 'Ya should've kept yer legs shut, hen'.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 45
Please, please do an alternative version which includes a random woman screaming 'Ya should've kept yer legs shut, hen'.
Mhairi Black you talk shite hen would do it for me

I believe Mhairi has a first in politics and she's the MP for Paisley. Glasgow Airport is in Paisley so Jack could pay Mhairi a wee visit if Mhairi was in Scotland at the time

I would legit love to see that

Last edited:
  • Haha
Jack: [standing in the street in front of Dishoom Chaakoo Bombay Cafe, taking a selfie like a numpty]
Woman with a pushchair: You're blocking the pavement, hen
Jack, later: And then she said "I'm MARRIED with four kids, queer tattooed single parents like you are not welcome in Glasgow-"

(I have never been to Glasgow and Google tells me that a certain independent restaurant hasn't reached it yet? But... where will Jack eat?)

• Haha
Reactions: 35
I silently judge collaeagues who claim to always make time to speak to cleaners etc. Of course every single person is potentially worthy of conversation, but only wankers feel the need to point out their egalitarian attitude by speaking to those the consider beneath them.. Making a point of it is patronising and shows your snobbery.
if you like them, say hello, have a chat. Don't advertise it. Don't pretend to like them its patronising and transparent.
Gives me heavy "I've just emptied the dishwasher" vibes.

• Haha
Reactions: 23
still have like 30 pages to grunk, but did she ever ask the "random woman" if she wanted calling?? i don't do phone calls, people only call me when someone's died. ljc, I jump when i see my phone is ringing and I have to curb the instinct to block immediately. it's bleeping weird to be calling people if they don't want to be called

• Heart
Reactions: 49
Jack: [standing in the street in front of Dishoom Chaakoo Bombay Cafe, taking a selfie like a numpty]
Jack, later: And then she said "I'm MARRIED with four kids, queer tattooed single parents like you are not welcome in Glasgow-"

(I have never been to Glasgow and Google tells me that a certain independent restaurant hasn't reached it yet? But... where will Jack eat?)
There's a Five Guys.

• Haha
Reactions: 32
Watching my local news tonight and there was a report on time wasters ringing 999 in Essex!
Guess who came to mind!

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 64

It’s ok I’m sure they have a five guys to keep her going until she hops over to the ‘Burgh
Snap @Hollaaa

• Haha
Reactions: 32

Relax, we have a Five Guys! The Peoples Urchin will not starve.

ETA: Beaten to it, twice!

• Haha
Reactions: 40
Inspired by this legendary post which is still making me 🍾 🦉 a day later and yesterdays sudden and mysterious copper chaos I would like to make a thread title nomination.

Thread title nomination: Mr T Roll and the Mitty Bungalow Mystery.
It's so bloody funny I've saved it to our media library so we can have a hoot n fizz to cheer ourselves up x
God knows, we need it the last couple of days 🙏

• Heart
  • Haha
It's so bloody funny I've saved it to our media library so we can have a hoot n fizz to cheer ourselves up x
Well done. I feel that the elusive Mr T Roll should become a stock character in the Jackieverse. A sinister and chaotic presence lurking in the eaves of the crappy bungalow, waiting to strike.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 41
It’s all gold, but this part in particular just sends me -

"Oh no, it's quite alright. Feel free to tell her my report is malicious, too."

"Will do. Thanks for your call!"

Chapeau @BlendedSlop !

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 45
It’s all gold, but this part in particular just sends me -

"Oh no, it's quite alright. Feel free to tell her my report is malicious, too."

"Will do. Thanks for your call!"

Chapeau @BlendedSlop !
It's the natural, businesslike way he says "Yes, it's Mr T Roll" that kills me.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 35
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.