Jack Monroe #321 It's just that Jack wasn't especially cool or well liked

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Yes, I can understand feeling embarrassed, maybe even delaying, but to make out when you had the most poverty poverty ever when you had a big get out of jail free card you completely undermine and devalue everyone's experience.

Also the social services fear is a real one many people have, but it's completely unfounded. Jack should be countering that myth as much as possible as it stops people reaching out for support until it's too late.

Reactions: 55
Surely she has to sample a roll and fritter as well.... and a pickle

Or a pizza crunch. Or a munchie box

Then she can go back to Essex and claim she invented them
I reckon stovies will make it south of the border with corned beef and tinned tatties

Reactions: 20
Also regarding social services, she could have just asked her 20-year foster carer parents for their advice and they would have put her straight.

Not that I believe a single word of her nonsense. Jack just fetishises and romanticises the pov life, along with struggles with social services, as she may have witnessed in the lives of the foster siblings that she resents so much.

Reactions: 44
She romanticises or catastrophises everything she talks about. Everything has to be the worst case ever, or the best ever or fixed in the shortest time ever, or went on for the longest time ever.

No one lives like this. If they say they do it is because their perception of the events that are happening in their lives are skewed and there lies the issue.

Reactions: 39
I normally quite like the Edinburgh book festival, but clutched my linnen tote bag when I saw her announced!

Reactions: 42
View attachment 1331789

Send your suggestions, frauen, I'll make more cards.
A while ago Limmy had a Twitter post about annoying middle class people with protest signs that had scottish words on them to be funny (like 'Johnson is a bawbag'), and Jack has exactly that kind of annoying vibe. She would totally call a politician (or anyone she is seeking beef with) a bampot, bawbag or absolute roaster whilst visiting.

Would not put it past her to say something like 'yer maw' as well.

Last edited:
Reactions: 54
Slightly sad if she is going to Glasgow first. Made a giant pillowcase sign ready to put up next to the ECML on that day. It’ll just have to wait until she returns via that route.

“Jack!
Where’s my granola?”

Reactions: 48
I’ve just caught up she’s really got herself into quite the conundrum with this business with the police hasn’t she
Can’t add much to the Scottish stuff as I’ve been to Edinburg once and it became my home from home, my sanctuary! Hell slap it intae ye! it was lovely though so I hope she doesn’t haunt you for long

BUT I’ve never thought of that before and I really think you’re onto something there! It would make a lot of sense if this need to get attention from living in poverty/squalor etc could stem from her being jealous of the children her parents fostered. I’m sorry if that’s an obvious observation, and I’ve always thought it’s clear there’s resentment towards them for sure, but maybe to her that’s a ‘sure fire’ way of getting the attention she wants, to be in the sorts of situations they ‘might’ have been in?
Which is so gross and worrying to think about really. Clearly she has some serious issues (I still think she’s a total dickhead as well though)

Reactions: 37

Jack is like a snail. The moment she starts moving, the mucus begins to flow.

Reactions: 31
I am not a JG fan at all, though obviously hope her health issues are resolved as quickly and painlessly as possible but I will say the speed with which she turned down Jack's offer of homecooked food had me
Looks like Janey is LITERALLY familiar with Jack's body of work!

Reactions: 29
Is there anything other than Jack’s tweet to say the Police even did attend? I mean I know she’s autistic therefore *literally* can’t lie but I’m wondering if they ever were at The Shitty Bungalow or it’s just another episode of Jackanory

Reactions: 32
SS have been wonderful with me and my middle kid, and have done far more to help us than CAMHS. Lots of services can only be accessed (in my area anyway) via a referral from Early Help.

Action for Young Carers, sleep support courses, support groups for parents, etc.

How long has she been quiet for now? What’s the longest she’s been AWOL for before?

Reactions: 14
Far, far longer than this.

This is small fry compared to her previous absences.

No one ever notices apart from us.

Reactions: 26
Last year she spent months staying in a very expensive aparthotel in London while attending rehab, and none of her fans noticed she was off Twitter.

Reactions: 44
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.