Jack Monroe #321 It's just that Jack wasn't especially cool or well liked

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I mean they could, but do they really have the time to be re-enacting the da Vinci code around the streets of Southend? šŸ˜‚
(Oh, now my maverick little mind has scampered off in the direction of the clues they may find to lead them to the mysterious house of Monroe...)
They ring Big Davey H. Everyone knows him. You know how these 999ers are.

• Haha
Reactions: 39
Now Iā€™m about 38 burzilkion pages behind. On a hard grunk.

Not a copper or a lawyer mā€™lud, but I do work in criminal justice. Just saying.

This police scenario 1 million thousand hundred billion percent DID NOT HAPPEN.
This is why this place is so great. We have such a range of people with such a range of roles and experiences in life that we donā€™t need to rely on ā€œnah, I donā€™t trust Jack, didnā€™t happenā€. We can actually have someone say (without šŸ”ŗ) that this wonā€™t happen, whether in school, with the police, with AA, with foodbanks etc.

ā¤

• Heart
Reactions: 65
They ring Big Davey H. Everyone knows him. You know how these 999ers are.
Maybe Big Dave called the police! "lads she's telling everyone I fired a rocket up the street because I'm some sort of royalist Marxist- she's my daughter, I love her but she's lost it"

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 61
I also very much doubt thereā€™s anyone, especially a major company, paying less than minimum wage to employees.
Mr MF in his previous working life used to have to run the MW reports, there was a few occurrences when someone had been underpaid, but this was generally when they had had a birthday and gone into the next band. This was part of a national company, but he was doing so at a local level. He said that as a rule if companies come to notice of the authorities this will be the reason rather than as a purposeful malicious act.

Reactions: 25
But how wonderful would it be if someone from Essex Police replied to her tweet: That. Never. Happened.
Umā€¦.Jack, we think two fans visited you
I'm grunking but baffled.
How did the police know where she lived if an anonymous troll made a report?
I've spent a whole day on Excel but this might be the thing that finally makes my head explode!
Thatā€™s just it isnā€™t it? I donā€™t even know what road Jack lives on, just know she is in Thorpe Bay. Whoever made that report will have known her address unless itā€™s already flagged with Essex Police. Iā€™ve flagged addresses with them when working with victims of DV so I know they do this. I guess as a public(ish) figure she might face threats but tbh she posts some concerning stuff at times so anyone might be concerned. This doesnā€™t make them a troll.

Reactions: 34
If you don't want anyone to be concerned for your welfare then maybe don't tweet to half a million quarter-witted squigs things that will make them concerned for your welfare? Just a maverick thought.

Also her core isn't steel. It's mercury, the sloppiest metal.
I totally heard that in Raymond Holtā€™s voice from Brooklyn Nine Nine

Attachments

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 32
Umā€¦.Jack, we think two fans visited you

Thatā€™s just it isnā€™t it? I donā€™t even know what road Jack lives on, just know she is in Thorpe Bay. Whoever made that report will have known her address unless itā€™s already flagged with Essex Police. Iā€™ve flagged addresses with them when working with victims of DV so I know they do this. I guess as a public(ish) figure she might face threats but tbh she posts some concerning stuff at times so anyone might be concerned. This doesnā€™t make them a troll.
I donā€™t believe it happened but the reporter not knowing her exact address would not have been a barrier to the police doing a check in the slightest.

If she was John Smith and the caller only knew they were in England that might slow the police down a bit, but I canā€™t imagine there are that many Jack Monroes in Southend - locating her in her house would be trivial.

Reactions: 26
I donā€™t believe it happened but the reporter not knowing her exact address would not have been a barrier to the police doing a check in the slightest.

If she was John Smith and the caller only knew they were in England that might slow the police down a bit, but I canā€™t imagine there are that many Jack Monroes in Southend - locating her in her house would be trivial.
You don't need to be an experienced copper to have a nose for the crappy Bungalow.

• Haha
Reactions: 39
Why do some of these big companies bother to engage with her? I'm baffled. She's not an expert and she can't solve the world's problems by mouthing off about things she doesn't quite understand on twitter, yet she seems to think she has all the answers and worse still, companies like Sainsbury's or Asda or Superdrug validate her by going along with it all. FFS I've watched enough episodes of Grey's Anatomy and Criminal Minds and I love horror films but that doesn't make me a world class surgeon, a top flight criminal profiler or a bleeping Ghostbuster. And if I tried to pretend I was, or shouted that I was on social media, I'd get laughed at.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 54
I know we've been blessed with a quite astonishing chaos today but I'm really holding out for a judgey neighbours giving her evils because the police were at her door. story. Just one "lowering the tone" comment isn't too much to ask.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 50
You don't need to be an experienced copper to have a nose for the crappy Bungalow.
Or an experienced Cooper to have a crappy (looked after) nose in the bungalow.

Also, watching The Meg for the 344th. I swear that is Ruby Rose standing in as a stunt for Jack.

• Haha
Reactions: 26
This is why this place is so great. We have such a range of people with such a range of roles and experiences in life that we donā€™t need to rely on ā€œnah, I donā€™t trust Jack, didnā€™t happenā€. We can actually have someone say (without šŸ”ŗ) that this wonā€™t happen, whether in school, with the police, with AA, with foodbanks etc.

ā¤
Iā€™ve been lurking for a while and have only just started posting more. I love you guys and this place

• Heart
Reactions: 63
Why do some of these big companies bother to engage with her? I'm baffled. She's not an expert and she can't solve the world's problems by mouthing off about things she doesn't quite understand on twitter, yet she seems to think she has all the answers and worse still, companies like Sainsbury's or Asda or Superdrug validate her by going along with it all. FFS I've watched enough episodes of Grey's Anatomy and Criminal Minds and I love horror films but that doesn't make me a world class surgeon, a top flight criminal profiler or a bleeping Ghostbuster. And if I tried to pretend I was, or shouted that I was on social media, I'd get laughed at.
I think it must be a good way of shutting down keyboard warriors like Jack who act like Billy Big bollocks on twitter but shake and quiver like a shitting dog in reality. They will eat someone like Jack for breakfast.

I've noticed it's a tactic politicians have started to use when dealing with aggressive people online.

Reactions: 36
What is she referring to about Sainsburys not paying their workers living wage?

As far as I understand, Sainsburys outsource their cleaning contracts, so her ire should be directed at the contractors, not Sainsburys. Like someone else said, her anger would be better placed at Sainsburys for not having their cleaning team in house.

I also very much doubt thereā€™s anyone, especially a major company, paying less than minimum wage to employees.

The absolute whopper now thinks sheā€™s head of Unite. Unbelievable. She doesnā€™t have a clue about anything employment or employment law related as sheā€™s the most workshy scrounger to ever exist.
The article and the campaign it mentions is for Sainsburys to pay real living wage rather than the minimum ā€œlivingā€ wage - and to get accredited as a living wage employer - meaning they have to extend paying real living wage to their contractors as well. Which is possible to do, Sainsburys can ask the third party to pay contracted staff more - and no doubt the third party will pass the cost on to Sainsburys.

Overall the campaign is a good idea, but whatā€™s grinding my radiator mushrooms is that now sheā€™s going to take all the credit for getting Sainsburys to pay more, when in reality there are campaigners who have been working to get supermarkets to pay the real living wage for years who have had far more of an impact! Also if she wants to actually have a chat with someone who pays their staff crap wages, Jack could maybe have a word with her mate at Iceland, who do just pay the bare minimum wageā€¦

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 52
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.