Jack Monroe #321 It's just that Jack wasn't especially cool or well liked

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
đŸ”ș but even if this story was true nobody's getting done for wasting police time :rolleyes:

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 40
Jack is very much a Caitlin Moran by another name, I remember Caitlin's book of extremely brave political essays which was like, "When I think about the immigrant children, I feel sad, for it's CRUCIAL to be KIND to people who are different. As a council estate URCHIN in Wolverhampton, I [continues for 90,000 words]"
How is there no thread on that awful woman?!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 35
Jack is very much a Caitlin Moran by another name, I remember Caitlin's book of extremely brave political essays which was like, "When I think about the immigrant children, I feel sad, for it's CRUCIAL to be KIND to people who are different. As a council estate URCHIN in Wolverhampton, I [continues for 90,000 words]"
OT but when Caitlin wrote that piece about disability benefits being essential because her dad wouldn’t have been able to bring up the 8 of them on just jobseekers, and then they would have to go in care and that costs more than disability benefits. I mean, it was a niche circumstance to highlight as well as bleeping stupid argument. Also I thought they were broke with one outfit each and wearing second hand knickers. .

Reactions: 26
As far I can see the options are:
1. She’s totally lying
2. They came to ask about the gun firing
3. A squigg has tried to be helpful
4. SB has mentioned that his mother gets physical threats on her social media at school and the Safeguarding Officer will have been compelled to log it with the police to check it was a safe environment for him.

did she show the police all her cameras and internal locks?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 59
Re the "random woman" intake the to mean she chooses a different woman at random each time. AA groups often share numbers with each other to reach out for support or when they are concerned. Plus she is the "secretary" of one of her groups.

What on earth is she going to talk to the boss of Sainsbury's about? How will it end up as anything other than mutual good or and no real change?

I doubt the police thing had anything to do with the gun. They seem to roll it out all the time so I'll bet they have all the proper licenses/arrangements etc in place. I'm doubtful it was fired, but if it was again I imagine it was all above board. Big D seems the type to like official forms.

• Haha
Reactions: 40
Are the squigs meant to believe that two police officers turned up on her doorstep and said hello Jack someone on the internet said someone else on the internet said mean things to you. So here we are to do a welfare check.

Is it not far more likely someone Jack knows well has become worried about her increasingly erratic behaviour and phoned it in.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 57
If sainsbury’s boss wants to meet her then it is probably to get her to be a useful idiot. Get her buy in for some mediocre worker pay thing and get her to wax lyrical about it. She is a mug if she hasn’t been paid by Asda for the recent fawning

• Haha
Reactions: 35
The flex of ‘the contracting firm should pay more’ rather than ‘Sainsburys should bring their outsourced workers in-house’ says everything you would need to know about ‘Marxist’ Jack’s thought-process around labour and workers’ rights.

• Heart
Reactions: 48
Also how would she know someone had made a malicious complaint about her to the DWP? Surely they would look at it and go, she doesn’t claim anything and throw it away.
I know someone who does benefits fraud investigations. I don’t think she rings people up and tells them there has been a malicious complaints against them. She’s busy.

• Heart
Reactions: 54
Has she actually asked checkout operatives at Sainsburys what it’s like to work there? Seems like she’s been a galumphing great middle class saviour about it all.

Reactions: 38
There is no way that happened. She tags in Essex Police to make it slightly more believable but I mean - whoever runs their Twitter account is not really likely to know all the ins and outs of exactly what all the officers were up to on any given day - right?!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 43
There is no way that happened. She tags in Essex Police to make it slightly more believable but I mean - whoever runs their Twitter account is not really likely to know all the ins and outs of exactly what all the officers were up to on any given day - right?!
True but it's so weird. Why wouldn't she just say someone had falsely accused her of a crime, rather than claim a malicious welfare check or just trumpet that the police had been out about threats she'd received? I think there might be some truth to it but we're not getting the full story.

Reactions: 36
Are the squigs meant to believe that two police officers turned up on her doorstep and said hello Jack someone on the internet said someone else on the internet said mean things to you. So here we are to do a welfare check.

Is it not far more likely someone Jack knows well has become worried about her increasingly erratic behaviour and phoned it in.
T Roll: hello I need police!
999: yes, which area?
T Roll: Sarfend please. I don’t know the exact address but it’s about Jack Monroe, activist, accidental conquerer of fears, author, writer, journalist...
999: Yes we know. what seems to be the problem?
T Roll: someone on the Internet said they dislike her, can you check on her please?
999: why is that concerning?
T Roll: she hasn’t tweeted since last night..
999: we’ll send officers to do a welfare check right away!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 67
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.