Jack Monroe #320 Guns N' Roses

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think I understand a bit why they don’t say anything. They love her and it’s a terrible thing to out your child as a liar and a grifter. Her career would be over, she’d be a pariah amongst the same people who applaud her So enthusiastically.
I couldn’t do it to my child no matter how angry I was with her but I guarantee her siblings long to do it and just might if she ever, in their eyes, goes too far.
Exactly this. It makes sense but no sense. They are (or were) "professional parents" in terms of fostering where they're highly regarded amongst the national body. They are also upstanding, vocal and active pillars of their community who appear to strive towards fundraising for various charities and added to this, committed members of their church so how does this all fit? Do they sound like the sort of people that would turn away a needy stranger let alone their own child and grandchild? No. Not to me it doesn't and surely this has had an impact in their own reputations? I'm not saying big Dave should tip off the tabloids but they are condoning this behaviour by allowing her to continue on this path of self-destruction and on towards to the point of actual harm. It won't just be Jack that the predictable downfall will ruin, sadly there are many caught up in this sad web of lies.

• Heart
Reactions: 68
Jack's campaigning against James Duddridge has been so effective that his vote share has gone from 48.7% in 2017 to 58.7% in 2019. All that gumshoe work really paid off for Labour who went from 37% of the vote to 32%

Although I note that in 2015 Labour were on 24% with a higher than usual chunk going to the Green Party...that was the year Jack campaigned for them...so great work on supporting Labour there Jack.

#Forensic

• Haha
Reactions: 48
She paid herself the living wage, and donated the rest: https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2013/dec/17/jack-monroe-sainsburys-advert-blog

Of course, she paid herself the living wage for six weeks' work for a TV ad that probably took a day to film, but well done Jack, working class hero!
For someone so transparent and laser focused, her employment terms really confuse me. Are we to presume that companies engage her limited company’s services, which, she then, as a basic wage employee provides. That tax return is then completed and filed. So far, so good. But of course, the residual earnings sit in the company, which is possibly the sole reason the last x years’ company returns went awol (military around the edges)

Ergo 😉 living wage not a lie, just not the full story.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 30
Oh look she's got her son with her now and yet she's still twatting about on twitter

• Sad
Reactions: 44
Is she not exhausted? I'm exhausted just bloody reading her tweets.

( I have done a grunk on work time though so I guess it's not my time I'm wasting 🤣)

• Haha
Reactions: 36
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.