Jack Monroe #320 Guns N' Roses

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Oh god mean vs median discourse from key stage 2 maths pro Jackie. Tbh neither make sense in this instance cos there will be such a range in hours worked thus pay, you’d be best using hourly pay hun. Not that you even need that, do we really need multipliers to comprehend that £3.8mil vastly exceeds the take home of anyone on the shop floor or head office? 🤷🏻‍♀️

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 49
Maths jack is back.

I think she claimed she only got paid the living wage from the Sainsbury's contract, would be interesting to see if that's true...

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 40
I waver between feeling sorry for her and pitying her but then I remember the (alleged) animal cruelty, the pile ons, the gifting (particularly fuel allowance squig) and I just think NAH
Welcome @Lucy Aeroplane and 👏🏻for your informative and well balanced post.

I understand what you say and could feel sympathy, as I do see her as being a sorry state, however, as @usefullyuseless says the way she conducts herself and behaves towards others and animals hardens my natural sympathy.

• Heart
Reactions: 33
WTF? Is she actually typing this?

I know we say things like “thick as mince” but really?
I can't quite believe that tweet. It is so juvenile. It is like she has just grasped how business and capitalism works. Well the very basics. And she is writing a book about this? 😬

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 51
Presumably he'd be fine doing the towel folding or the deli meats section.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 65
Jack mocking anyone for not working hard is quite the take 😂
She's exhausted and has to be softly kidnapped after writing her shopping list.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 81
Presumably he'd be fine doing the towel folding or the deli meats section.
Or the Percy pig aisle.

Joking aside, how rude? She is assuming a) being the manager of a top firm isn’t hard work and b) that most of those managers don’t start at the bottom, which is a falsehood.

What is up with her at the moment?

• Heart
Reactions: 54
I bet none of her new people remember what happened last time she got involved with Sainsbury's. I'm sure that at that point the cleaners were paid £500 an hour and chauffeured to work...

That stat about state subsidies of low paid workers she's referring to is very old and I think related to working tax credits being used to prop up low paid work.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 45
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.