Jack Monroe #320 Guns N' Roses

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Half an hour a day, right? How’s that Very Belated Index looking, Jack?

• Haha
Reactions: 55
Was that the first recorded mention of her son ever coming in from school?
Next she'll be talking about helping him with his homework.
Blimey.

• Haha
Reactions: 44
Was that the first recorded mention of her son ever coming in from school?
Next she'll be talking about helping him with his homework.
Blimey.
"In this excoriating dervish of cold rage, I will name every disabled person slaughtered in the Tory abattoir that is modern Britain..."

"Mum, please this is my maths homework"

"Shut up you little Tory tit, the teachers need to know this stuff"

• Haha
Reactions: 60
Oh no! She’s going to turn up at her MP’s hustings!! He’s toast. He will be no match for Jack and her killer arguments. He will be absolutely shitting himself about this.
😂😂😂😂😂
Maybe she'll throw a liquid at him. She seems to think throwing liquids at male politicians she disagrees with is a jolly jape.

• Angry
  • Haha
Reactions: 34
I bet none of her new people remember what happened last time she got involved with Sainsbury's. I'm sure that at that point the cleaners were paid £500 an hour and chauffeured to work...

That stat about state subsidies of low paid workers she's referring to is very old and I think related to working tax credits being used to prop up low paid work.
Pretty sure she trotted it out for the Asda diatribe back in Jan and we worked out it included child benefit too.

Reactions: 27
JACK - your son is home.
Do him the courtesy of paying him some attention.

• Heart
Reactions: 50
Exactly this. It makes sense but no sense. They are (or were) "professional parents" in terms of fostering where they're highly regarded amongst the national body. They are also upstanding, vocal and active pillars of their community who appear to strive towards fundraising for various charities and added to this, committed members of their church so how does this all fit? Do they sound like the sort of people that would turn away a needy stranger let alone their own child and grandchild? No. Not to me it doesn't and surely this has had an impact in their own reputations? I'm not saying big Dave should tip off the tabloids but they are condoning this behaviour by allowing her to continue on this path of self-destruction and on towards to the point of actual harm. It won't just be Jack that the predictable downfall will ruin, sadly there are many caught up in this sad web of lies.
I think Jack being outed as a fraud, scammer and compulsive liar would substantially affect the reputations of Big Dave and Mammy.

At the moment they’ve got - superficially- a good leftie daughter with a successful media career, semi famous and considered a good person and some kind of expert.

Her (undeserved) success is probably more than her parents could have ever hoped for, considering her general laziness, greed, stupidity, and incompetence.

Most people don’t know enough of her or her backstory to look down on her parents.

Whereas if she’s exposed, not only will they have a criminal failure of a daughter to be embarrassed about, they will probably be judged way harder than they are now by those who believe Jack’s “during the poverty” lies.

• Heart
Reactions: 60
You worked for one of the evilest companies in the world. Read up on Del Monte and weep you bleeping cow. But you won't because it's forriners it affects.

• Heart
Reactions: 69
I can't deal with her mentioning unions with the absolute weapons I have to deal with who work for them.

Her GCSE politics can get in the bin too *Man is paid a lot of money in a high powered executive job* So what? My dog knows politics and business better than Jack.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 44
I realise it's nuance and therefore beyond Twitter generally let alone her infantile take on class, but something that she never acknowledges is the fact that Things Have Changed Drastically.

As per that Wiki entry, it was possible to leave school in your mid teens and work your way up. Social mobility was A Thing, hence first time homeownership and the rest of it. Some people of my parents' generation came from very working class families and are now insufferable Tories (sorry, dad, but it is true) thanks to that sweet spot/perfect storm of post war economic and population circumstances, global markets and smaller factors like the "job for life" despite being an unqualified fifteen year old when you began.

She has absolutely no grasp of the complexity of social change in the twentieth century, it's like you're either rich or poor and therefore bad or good and that's it.

ETA the rando-capitals are meta, I'm attempting to be funny despite "my stating the obvious, badly" post.
Omg yes, this is so bleeping true! And intergenerational wealth from your dad’s gen to ours (or beyond!) is such a game changer and I’d argue that it’s a much easier life being a mid earner with the bank of mum and dad arranging your housing costs & children’s savings than being higher earners and trying to do it all yourself in the hope your careers last the 30 years of a huge mortgage. She has a bigger problem with MPs earning £80k pa than people like her grandad and dad distorting the housing market to the point it’s now fucked. What salary does she propose that bloke pay Sainsburys staff in order to live a decent quality of life? Cos she has a problem with everyone not pretending to be on a living wage by looks of things?

She has no idea about the real world cos she doesn’t live in it, she has the privilege of sitting on her arse needlessly accruing CCJs because she will be given the best part of a milli at some point for simply being born into the right family. Insanity.

• Heart
Reactions: 62
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.