Jack Monroe #320 Guns N' Roses

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I waver between feeling sorry for her and pitying her but then I remember the (alleged) animal cruelty, the pile ons, the gifting (particularly fuel allowance squig) and I just think NAH
What about her number one fan who waited and waited for a book from mackie, which never came, and someone from here very kindly donated via Amazon

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 42
Let’s be real: the amount these execs earn is ridiculous and I think in basically any circumstance it’s indefensible that a manager be paid more than about 10x what his lowest paid worker takes home.

However, it’s laughable that Jack, who has been incapable of sticking out any of the many manual or service jobs she’s done in favour of twatting around on social media for ten years, dares to position herself as sympathetic to that while she talks about a job in a supermarket as some kind of comedy trombone consolation prize if she fucks up her existing grift.

Where was this energy when she was licking Asda’s arse a few weeks back? They’re not exactly showering their staff with dollars either.

• Heart
Reactions: 72
I’m not an expert but my cousin worked for Sainos for years and he said that they did a big push a few years ago to raise employee wages and match Lidl/Aldi’s, it wasn’t the job he ultimately wanted and he’s moved on now but he was given lots of training/promotion opportunities and was generally very happy there.
Whenever I’ve been job hunting they seem to pay much better than her beloved Asda 🙄

Reactions: 48
We used to sing a song in primary school: 🎶 mode most, median middle, mean add up and divide🎶. I still use it now (internally). This was from the same teacher who brought in a dead mole in a shoebox to show us what they looked like. Here you are Jacko, a boring idea for ‘wacky teachers thread’ for your next BS burial.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 49
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 48
Reactions: 24
Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 49
She really is spectacularly stupid, isn't she?
Yes. It sometimes hits you anew doesn't it?
Rather like when she proffers a revolting recipe (I was watching the lasagne on Daily Kitchen Live yesterday 😂) and it dawns on you 'but she really can't cook can she?' It sometimes seems as if her slop might be exagerrated folk lore here, but everything said about it is true. Her food just looks bleeping brutal.

• Haha
Reactions: 40
I realise it's nuance and therefore beyond Twitter generally let alone her infantile take on class, but something that she never acknowledges is the fact that Things Have Changed Drastically.

As per that Wiki entry, it was possible to leave school in your mid teens and work your way up. Social mobility was A Thing, hence first time homeownership and the rest of it. Some people of my parents' generation came from very working class families and are now insufferable Tories (sorry, dad, but it is true) thanks to that sweet spot/perfect storm of post war economic and population circumstances, global markets and smaller factors like the "job for life" despite being an unqualified fifteen year old when you began.

She has absolutely no grasp of the complexity of social change in the twentieth century, it's like you're either rich or poor and therefore bad or good and that's it.

ETA the rando-capitals are meta, I'm attempting to be funny despite "my stating the obvious, badly" post.

• Heart
Reactions: 71
She's somehow managed to save 700,000 children from food poverty since yesterday #laserfocusedaccuracy

Screenshot 2022-06-07 at 15.41.13.png

Screenshot 2022-06-07 at 15.42.53.png

• Haha
  • Angry
Reactions: 53
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.